Crusher Skin

Created a mod you want others to know about? Here's the place!

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:43 am

Improved Crusher skin coming out after the movie.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:35 am

this skin will be released after the new movie is up on YouTube, which is some time after i put it's description in the ISSRPG....Crusher's rage at it's worst....or beyond... :shock:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:54 pm

I like it, personally. KP only added extra details. ERC did the foundation of the skin.
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:20 am

umm, could you send us a link to that movie when its done? :D
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Yes the movie link will be in the "Cool Movies" Topic in the Offtopic section. Thats where the other movies are located also.
TyrannoTitan

software

Postby VelociRex » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:15 am

hey im new to the site an jst wanted to say first of all that the crusher skin is amazing, also i was wandering wat software you needed to do that stuff, jst message or reply to this thanks alot keep up the good work :D :D
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Its easy. All you need is the game, JP:OG (duh..) Photoshop, and a thing called a "HexEditor". Head over to Modding Genesis to see the full tutorial.
TyrannoTitan

thanks

Postby VelociRex » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:37 am

thanks for that any tips on skin desogns???

that hex editor thing is confusing :shock: :? lol and whats the link to the modding genesis thing?
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:24 pm

1: Don't double post. We have an edit button.

2: This is the place to find the tutorial.
TyrannoTitan

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:14 am

k but if i wanted to edit what the dino would actually look like waht would i need? sorry for being so hopeless :cry: but ive tried paint shop and it wont read the file
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:46 am

you mean the shape? as in the size of the head, horns, neck, arms...etc? if that's what you mean, the answer is: Impossible at the moment. Nobody's figured out how to edit models yet. we can import them into editing programs, and modify the models, but we cat get them back into the game...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:18 pm

i mean the colours and patterns on it

basicly how u created crusher darkness etc
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Its in JPOG/Data/Matlibs. Open one you want to edit (dinos_judithriver_b.tml contains Rex, dinos_chenini.tml contains Spino, dinos_flamingcliffs.tml contains Raptor.) with the Hex Editor. DO NOT OPEN THE ONE WITH "16" IN IT! It doesn't work.

After you open it, scroll down to the very bottom and you can see names. Lets use Judith B for an example. The names (in order):

Cory

Styrac

Trex

These are in REVERSE ORDER. Trex being at the top. But first, you need to know that a dead skin comes before the real skin. So now it would be:

Dead Trex

Trex

Dead Styrac

Styrac

Dead Cory

Cory

Those are NOT in reverse order. Now, after you know that, you must know where to start selecting the data. Every dino skin starts with the letters "DDS" Thats where you want to start selecting. So say you want Rex: You need to go under "Edit" and find "Find" ( :lol: ) Type in (For LETTERS not numbers) the letters "DDS" This is a trick i've learned. After you type them in, hit find. It will pop up on the first DDS. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS. You want the second one so hit "Find Next"

Now your where you want to be. Now start selecting lines of code ANYWHERE after the second DDS. This is part of the trick. Now, while keeping the other parts selected, select the DDS and the lines of code after it. You should get an error message. Hit "close" on the error message and now you will be able to select the data without clicking the mouse. All clicking does is to stop selecting the code, so DON'T CLICK THE MOUSE.

After that, while it is still selecting, hit "Find Next" in the "Edit" bar. It should take you down to the third DDS line. You don't want this either, because you passed up the last of the Rex data. Now, scoll up a bit from the third DDS and you'll find 2 Y's with dots over them. I want you to click ON the second Y. This should cause you to have selected from the second DDS to the last of the double Y's. Thats all the Rex's code, and you need it.

Now, create a Photoshop document. Make sure it is a DDS type file. Now, open it up with the Hex Editor and copy the data you selected for the Rex, and paste it into the Photoshop file. It should over-lap the other data. Now you can open the Photoshop file and edit the skin. I'll tell you how to put the skin in-game IF you got that far.

Also, I did not make this method, I made only the trick. ERC and the (former) CEP Team should be thanked. I did put this in my own words so no copyright issues :P .
TyrannoTitan

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 pm

KL i can do that
but... isnt there a way you can post the edited file onto the site??
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:30 pm

No....its Data....Don't even try.

And, why would you want to do that?
TyrannoTitan

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:32 pm

ok you know the file that you edit in order to put it onto photo shop ure sayin that theres no way of sending that?
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Yes there is.
TyrannoTitan

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:33 pm

whats the way???
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:56 pm

Why do you want to send it? I'm sorry if i'm confusing you, i'm confused myself though.
TyrannoTitan

Postby VelociRex » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:01 pm

is k im a bit baffed 2 well basicly if u send that file then it would be easier for people who want to edit dinosaurs
VelociRex
Worm
Worm

PreviousNext

Return to Mixed Mods