Possibility to change Dino size JPOG?

Created a mod you want others to know about? Here's the place!

Possibility to change Dino size JPOG?

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Well, previously it has been accepted that you cannot edit the Dinosaur size in JPOG. But, you CAN edit the size in ZT2, as someone made a King Kong. Also, someone converted a JPOG dinosaur to ZT2 format and put it in ZT2. So, could we convert the JPOG dinos into ZT2, change the size there, and then change it back? If we can, that would be a breakthrough.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:14 pm

my god...you are a genius!

i used dino poop or created glitches by messing with the file (yea, highly unrecommended)

THIS IS A BREAK THROUGH!

now do it :shock:
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:23 pm

Compy Scavenger wrote:my god...you are a genius!

i used dino poop or created glitches by messing with the file (yea, highly unrecommended)

THIS IS A BREAK THROUGH!

now do it :shock:

I would, but I don't have ZT2. On top of that, I've never scinned in my life.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:48 am

slight problem.
you cant convert it back to Jpog and I dont think you can convert it to ZT2 either
so breakthrough=nil
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby C S » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:49 am

NOOOOOOOOZZZ!!!!

well, might as well lock this
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Raptor Llama » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:52 am

Doc 42 wrote:slight problem.
you cant convert it back to Jpog and I dont think you can convert it to ZT2 either
so breakthrough=nil

You CAN convert to JPOG, it's been done before... and why wouldn't you be able to convert it back? Srry, no links cause the website was reloacated and then never seen again.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:13 am

ERC was a member of Zoo Admin. If we could put JPOG models into ZT2 and vice versa she would know and we'd be playing with new models in JPOG. I highly dout we can do anything of the sort seeing as the model files are as far as I know are entirely different. Although you can import the model and add the an existing animals bones to it to make a ZT2 animal you can not put it back.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:21 pm

I've seen skins of the ZT2 animals that were layed out... They look just like the JPOG ones. Now if we can't get them back that's a bummer... but first we need APE for ZT2 and we'll see what we can do from here... if we mod it enough maybe it will let us do it... even if it dosen't at least we'll have giant Dinos in ZT2, and then we can mix them with lions and such! I'm still a member of Zoo Admin... but the new site's been down for years... but ERC can help. I've modded ZT1, but I don't have ZT2... but if I downloaded the demo, would I still be able to do it? Actually, in theory, all I need is APE for ZT2...
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:51 pm

hmmm
If your talking about the bary, it was hoax, made by seting the spinos sail as an alpha texture and then taking the screenie so it hid the gaping hole in its back.
If your talking about the Jp pack, those are hand made and BASED off the jp:og ones.
There IS a way of exporting Jpog models, but it doesnt export the animations and ya, we still cant import those models into Jpog because there is no import script.
if we DID have one, then MG would be churning out new dinos

and may i say: holy sh** balls... Hey TTR welcome back, and ya, he is right
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrantTR » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:20 am

I've done my research on ZT2 animal creation. Ape 2 is a tutorial, not a program, and according to some reviews it's not the best tutorial. And any animal creation tutorial generaly tells you how to put it in. Wich is the only way you can do it. You can not export a nif to TMD. Well. It may be possible, but as of now to my knoledge we cannot export nifs. And if you say the JPOG skins on the ZT2 creatures thats because they rearanged the skin layout on the model, coded it, then attatched the JPOG skin, or made there own wich is what I think they did.

and may I say: I'm only here in secret Doc, got ta go secret agent on my parents. >.> <.<
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:22 pm

tutorial you say? Weird... APE 1 wasen't a tutorial... but anyways... did I discover ANYTHING or I'm I mistaken?
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 am

Ape 1 was a program, but you can't make a program like that for a 3D game. It's just to hard. And Ape 1 even had a few things you needed to program by hand. Makeing animals in ZT2 is much different than makeing animals in ZT1. Sorry my freind you are mistaken.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Vastatosaurus Rex » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Vastatosaurus Rex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:36 am

I was about to mention that but forgot to do it in my post. :P

But it is however (from what I understand) Fairly limited.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:44 pm

Fairly as in extremely :P
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:42 am

Well yeah. I didn't pay much attention but it's something about it only grows if it's targeted. I'm not sure. Did you read it better than me Doc? :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:55 am

most likely, in order for something to grow something else has to target it.
It cant target itself and you cant determine bewteen species
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Tyrannosaurs » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:12 am

well were getting closer to solving model sizeing.
Tyrannosaurs
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:46 pm

well, until i see some proof, i don't believe a thing. no hard feelings. just that too many people have claimed to have done things like that, and not done it...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:13 am

I gotta agree with Kingpin on this one. Their have been a lot of claims, and then they didn't do it.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Next

Return to Mixed Mods