Lore of Leyuna RPG (FRPG)

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Lore of Leyuna RPG (FRPG)

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:27 pm

"I believe it's time we said hello. It's only polite," stated the Scholar as his eyes began to glow, the Son of Storms reaching out to the ancient elemental.

A moment later, both the Scholar's and the Mage's minds were projected forward, linking with that of the Warden of the Desert Sands. The Son of Storms took in a steadying breath as he brought tranquillity back to his magically projected mind.

"Good afternoon, Cleotaire. How fares the Bringer of Life?" he stated across the psychic link, the joy that accompanied it felt though it could not be seen.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Syria's eyes widened and if it were possible to choke on air, then she would have with how sharp her gasp was. Luckily, she did not inhale any dirt or a stray pebble. She hoped that her previous thoughts did not bleed into the connection, and then a nervous shudder shook her when she attempted to backpedal, the hope alone would have been enough to shred any illusion of nonchalant banter.

"I am fine, Septimus," came the voice of the desert queen in the two's heads. In her regal way, Syria's floundering was something she made no effort to acknowledge, let alone entertain.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:58 pm

"Pleasant to hear. Cliche as it may sound, we were in the area and thought we'd check in on you. I hope you don't mind." his tone was sufficiently nonchalant enough that one could have been fooled into thinking he did not notice Syria's debacle, if not for the fact he patted her head in mock sympathy. "So what does an elemental do when she isn't testing the strength and character of mortals seeking fame and recognition?" he asked jokingly.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 am

"Ponder the implications of a cliche. Old as I am, my separation from the affairs across this land means that what may be trite to you is mostly tolerable to me. My audiences are few and far between, as you know."

Syria looked up at Septimus haplessly and made a whimpering sound to match her defeated expression. Soldiering on, she conveyed to the elemental, "Desrium's theorized about your ability to peer into other times and other worlds. It is a subject fascinating to me."

"Is it now? I would not have guessed, inventor of the aethereopic."

Syria buried her face into an arm when her response across the mental link was nervous laughter. Imagined, nervous laughter.

"I do not invest myself into the Trial of Kings," Cleotaire answered the unspoken question. "I only provide the means for the tested to find their worth in adversity. It is an impartial magic, and I do not experience these other worlds as my own. For the best, I concede. To bear the cliches of several worlds would not be an enjoyable trial."

The Life Bringer continued while Syria digested what she was told, "As I have told Septimus before, inquiries such as those that have left you wriggling before my distanced presence are those that I will only address if you seek a meeting within my shrine. However, I will afford you one answer to sate your yearning mind, perhaps due to the high esteem my last batch of tested hold you in."

"My kind live long, wild when young and tempered, reclusive once able to self-actualize and choose our own names. Some of us bridge the divide, and choose another as a herald. You are not the first I have met, but I have only met a few, even in my long life. It is not something common, but less rare than one of your creed taking a dragon for a groom."
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:47 am

"We live in a strange world and in stranger times. There was a time where my kind would be slain by any who set their eyes on us, feared as monsters that would raze entire continents to the ground. In some cases, such fears were justified."

"And yet here we are, staunch opponents in the face of hardship and adversity." he concluded with some mild satisfaction. Wasn't that all he ever was?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:04 am

"Yes," Cleotaire replied to what was said and not said. Unseen to the two, Cleotaire brought her legs up onto her throne and rested her head on the armrest, twirling a finger about over her face. Unused to these shows of companionship as she was, no one could tell. If Syria were aware of it, she would have envied the skill. The elemental drew in the air her machinations of Ceridwen's music, enthralled by the sound.

The answer to Septimus' question was wait. A day had little worth for one who has lasted eons, and the lull between heroes of the desert was a restful blessing for one that did battle in the dawning of life across the world. This one year was different, she had to admit, ever since Septimus came to her that night.

From that first meeting, she was given a song to recall in the most quiet of times.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:08 am

"Well to start, perhaps it would be wise to have some lunch? Some food, some tea, perhaps? Then we can come back to continue. If anything a change of scenery might give us some time to ease the strain on those beautiful eyes of yours," suggested Andruil with a lopsided grin. It cast a more cheerful light on something he was saying partially in response to the stressed tone and the way she was massaging her temples and the bridge of her nose.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:45 am

At that, Rowan stuck a piece of paper in the book she was flipping through and pushed back from the table to stretch.

Vix tilted her head so she could see Andruil without taking the pressure off of her temple, peering up at him from between her fingers. It didn't hide the fact that she was smiling. "Flattery? Is it my turn to buy?" she teased. She stood stiffly, and one of her knees protested with a loud crack. Maybe she had been sitting for too long.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:37 am

"Please. After the free meals in the inn I'm fairly certain that you are entitled to free meals for the rest of your life," responded Andruil jokingly, cringing as he heard the audible crack of the Innkeeper's knee. "And perhaps some rigorous exercise," he added with a wry smirk.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:49 am

Vix's eyebrows shot up, completing the look she gave Andruil. If her expression hadn't promised that she'd remember that suggestion, the fact that Rowan gave a wild laugh would have given away that the knight wouldn't get away with it.

The scarred woman clasped Andruil's shoulder, leaned in, and said, "Run." Then, leaving Andruil to escape - or not - on his own, Rowan left the library at a brisk walk.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:59 am

"Why would I run when I am clearly offering said exercise?" retorted Andruil amusedly. "Or have you really forgotten what accounts for exercise from my lips?" he asked, his own brows rising in response.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:12 am

The cool, assessing stare Vix pinned Andruil with was mostly for show - as were the light, almost prowling steps she took toward him. The fact that she was almost as tall as he was aided the reminder that she was a woman that could hold her own in all matters. Just to tease him a little, she folded her arms, cocked her hip and tilted her head just so, and said, "And what if I did need reminding?"

Had Rowan stuck around, she would probably have been impressed. Probably. There was also the chance she would have rolled her eyes, given Vix a good-natured shove, and told them to just get a room already.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:06 am

Andruil's expression straightened for a few moments, taking her reaction in with an appraising look. "Why, I would certainly spare the time to remind you, my dear Vixen. But only after you've had something to eat and drink," he stated simply.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:26 am

Vix's mask cracked and fond amusement colored the softening of her features. "You think I'll let you off the hook that easily, do you?" If she was honest with herself, she might have if she'd actually been bothered. A distant corner of her mind was scolding her for letting herself get in this deep. It went unacknowledged...for the most part.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 am

To that, his own expression broke into a ghost of his distinctively boyish grin, his head tilting ever so slightly as it did. "No. But you and I both know that you would be quite bothered if I were to worship you like a goddess in the streets of this city. So where better to save that for than a more...private setting?" he asked.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:51 am

There might have been an edge of nerves to Vix's laugh, something she was quick to try and cover up by stepping around Andruil. "Even if that weren't the case, I'd sooner claim abstinence than let you do so in winter," she tossed over her shoulder. The thought alone was enough to make her shiver.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:56 pm

"Between the furs and the attention you would get, dear, you won't have to worry about the cold," retorted the Knight as he followed, wholly amused at an unsettled groan that could be heard somewhere in the library as they departed.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:09 pm

"I'd just as soon be warm inside," Vix fired back. She turned to walk backwards, occasionally checking that she wasn't about to run into anyone or anything. "Y'know. A nice fire going, cup of wine, a couple of blankets, no chance of a draft ruining it all...a good book..." She shrugged and spread her hands, grin verging on cheeky. "The works."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:30 pm

"Another book? One would think after all the reading you've done lately you'd want a break from killing your eyes," jabbed the Knight as the walked down the hallway towards the street. "And besides, a fireplace, some blankets and some honey wine are all things I can provide...along with my tender love and affection, of course. Unless you would really prefer the embrace of paper and ink over my own?" he asked, arching a brow.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Vix pretended to consider, alternately lifting and dropping her hands a little as though they were a set of scales. "A story of treasure hunting and monster slaying...or my own knight." She hummed, and her smile was definitely cheeky now. "I dunno - that book's really getting good." And she spun on her heel as if to run.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction