RPG Requests

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: RPG Requests

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:07 am

I happily will take any criticism that comes by, and will follow any advice given. Anything I can do to improve the RPG and prevent it from dying, I will do.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 am

I see you are red again, TT. :P

And yes, I will happily take any criticism thrown my way in a proper manner.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Just throwing this out there so people can consider it, because I brought it up to KP in a conversation about ARPG and he seemed interested. You guys know Kepler 22-b, right? The earthlike planet NASA discovered recently? I had the random thought that maybe we could base something of an ARPG remake off that, sort of an Alien Animal RPG instead of using modern day animals. Or, mutated versions of modern animals. Mutated versions of prehistoric animals, even. It's all being tossed around in my head right now, but I thought I'd share the thought process, see what you guys think.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm

If you could list out all the stuff in an organized, concise way, I'd be interested. Sounds like a cool idea to begin with, actually.

On a side note, I can post some of the essential basics for the Mass Effect RPG (mass effect physics, the galactic governments, the Reapers and their extinction cycle, and basic information on each of the main races) either here, on the first page of the MERPG if it's ever created, or both. That way, people don't have to loom up the necessary information to start out. I can also provide direct links to a timeline and the Codex, which has information on, well, EVERYTHING, which makes it even faster to look something up that might be important to an individual player.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Well, I haven't really thought it out in its entirety yet (came to me in a random stroke of creative genius), but it'd be kind of like ISS or the original ARPG. You're a creature, you can create a species of your choice, go nuts. XP I was hoping to get a general opinion on the idea and then the people who are interested would be able to start throwing ideas together and brainstorming. Maybe have it set somewhere in the far future, where humanity has essentially wiped itself out. I dunno, it's still a very young brainlet. XP
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby slashmaster101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 am

if you or someone else were to create such an RPG i would definitely join :D
slashmaster101
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 pm

@Kepler's aliens rpg

Sounds confusing tbh.

I mean, from what we know of real life evolution, it's just individual species reacting to their environment and surrounding ecosystem, eventually resulting in different species. The evolution of one species, is heavily dependent on it's food web, if you get what I mean. With players doing the creature creating instead of evolution, you're going to end up with a completely random dysfunctional system where nothing makes sense.

This would be fine in a "come up with a crazy alien species and duke it out for a place on the food chain!" type rpg, but there are going to be some people who expect the realistic evolution side and others who just want to make a crab with 10 limbs sprouting out of its back.

and then there are going to be people who just want to role play as some completely imaginary creature in an ISS style environment, without really being concerned with the species as a whole.

Which style were you going for? Or did you have something completely different in mind?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Hmm. In all honesty, i'd push the evolution angle. That's how life got started here on earth, that's how life will probably always start. That's why I suggested having it start in the future - as of this point, we don't know if there is life on Kepler 22-b, we only know there's the right conditions for life to exist there. So far as we know, it could be just microorganisms making a living there right now. So given time, who knows what could happen? XP

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby InfernalAngel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:58 am

I really like the idea! But Keppler actually has liquid Nitrogen, Not water wich basically rules out life :/
"Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

"They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace."
InfernalAngel
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Dr. Dromaeosaurus » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:21 am

For all you Jurassic Park Novel lover's, this one's for you. :wink:

Jurassic Park - Isla Nublar

The year is 1995, and Jurassic Park is the most successful theme park in the entire world, with an annual profit of 10 billion dollars a year, and 20 billion dollars a year in merchandising. All of the original characters, John Arnold, Robert Muldoon, Gerry Harding, Henry Wu, John Hammond and Ed Regis are all working at Isla Nublar. The dinosaur's were found out to be bred, so International Genetic Technologies allowed some species to breed, and exterminated all the dinosaurs, such as Velociraptor's, and bred new individuals, which cant breed. The dinosaur population is over 325, and is growing. The Safari Lodge has been upgraded, and the Jungle River Cruise, as well as the Aviary Tour are all operational, and reel in a lot of money for International Genetic Technologies. Already, there are 2 other Jurassic Park's, one Jurassic Park - Japan, and one Jurassic Park - Europe, which are also successfully opened in different parts of the world. BioSyn has become bankrupt, and now International Genetic Technologies has nothing to worry about as far as competition. John Hammond, CEO of International Genetic Technologies, has opened up several slots for several lucky people who have what it takes to work for Jurassic Park. Here are the slots:

Co-Park Warden
Assistant Public Relations Director
Co-Dinosaur Veterinarian
Security Guard
Aviary Tour Guide
Jungle River Tour Guide
Park Drive Tour Guide
Security Guard
Park Manager
Cleaner

Also, International Genetic Technologies has also allowed 5 lucky people that ability to live at Isla Nublar, as well as another 5 lucky people to live at Jurassic Park - Europe and Jurassic Park - Japan. The slots will go fast, so hurry to get a slot!

Guest 1:
Guest 2:
Guest 3:
Guest 4:
Guest 5:
"Dinosaurs and Man, 2 species separated by, 65 million years of evolution, just been suddenly, thrown back into the mix together, how can we, and possibly, have the slightest idea of what to expect?" Alan Grant - Jurassic Park

"I don't blame people fro their mistakes, but i do ask that they pay for them." John Hammond - Jurassic Park
Dr. Dromaeosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:57 am

Wow, this is a really, REALLY thought-out RPG. The only problem I can see is that it is a bit limiting in terms of what one can do, and that's one of the things this place is all about- beign able to do whatever you please. A lot of our older RPGs were very specific styles, and many did not last very long because of it.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes, quite limited, there is also the small matter that if all the previous problems and adversaries of Ingen are gone then there is no conflict, resulting in poor story, there might be a few tiny plots based around the rising number of dino creatures, but there aren't many options. Sorry but I gotta vote against this if it was ever considered, nice try though it is rather well thought out there just isn't enough for one to do.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:14 pm

This seems more like it was intended as a Fanfiction, not an RPG. Too limited, no conflict. Not to say it wouldn't be interesting from a story format (if you DID add some conflict), but it doesn't look like there'd be anything to do.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

IA: Ahh, damn. Well, I suppose there's no reason why that couldn't be tweaked - or the RPG couldn't take place on a similar planet with water instead of liquid nitrogen. XP

As for the Isla Nublar idea....I dunno, it seems too similar to ISS. Just within a park setting, less wiggle-room when it comes to plots, and with more options for human characters. Don't get me wrong, it's a well-thought-out idea, but aside from the human-park element, I don't see what you could do with the idea that you can't already do in ISS.

As DM said though, with a solid core conflict, it would make an interesting fanfiction. :3

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 am

Cleaner slot, yes please.

*dino poo*
*more dino poo*
*cheeseburgers*
-I love my job-
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Tue May 01, 2012 4:31 am

I'd like to see a WoW RPG, but that's probably interfering with the Fantasy RPG.

Why not do a Halo RPG?
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue May 01, 2012 4:40 am

A Halo RPG would be too similar to the Space E-War, only far more limited.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 01, 2012 4:41 am

We have a Space E-war, which can involve SOME aspects of Halo.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Wed May 09, 2012 9:58 pm

What about a zombie apocalypse RPG? Or a Gremlins RPG?
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed May 09, 2012 10:04 pm

We had two different zombie RPGs, both died due to inactivity.

And a Gremlins RPG is far too specific, and would likely fail.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction