RPing Eduction and Sparring

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:13 am

The Queen once again flips herself to her feet, suddenly feeling her arm growing weak. Angered, the Kryll Queen moves with incredible speed and grapples the Megapede's head, the claws beginning to get a good grip. She suddenly begins to violently jerk the megapede's head back and forth, attempting to rip it off.........
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 am

Even as the queen began to near him, Megapede opened his mandibles and once she lept onto him, had his mandibles close. The weapons, being sharp enough to penetrate even tough armor, stabbed into the Kryll queen's exo skeleton, piercing it with ease. Taking advantage of the creature's briefly relaxed grip from the pain it was in, the centipede swung his head to the right rather hard, dislodging the insect...
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 am

The Queen growls in pain, her blood running down her side. With a bellow of rage, the Kryll queen extends her stinger and stabs the megapede with it, the venom beginning to be pumped into the insect, soon killing him, even if she dies from her opponent's poison as well.........
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 am

Upon seeing the stinger extend, Megapede readied himself and responded by suddenly rearing up and headbutting her, his own stinger piercing her hide and injecting more poison into her as well as knocking her back again, although at the same time, his under belly was slightly pierced by the tip of the Kryll queen's stinger. Despite that, he quickly jerked himself back before too much poison could be injected into his body...
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:29 am

The queen, feeling her strength weakening, decides that she will attempt to drive the megapede back. If she fails, she will flee back to her hive. The Queen screechs, and swings to the side, striking megapede on the side of the head, stunning him. The Kryll queen then grapples the side of Megapede's head again, and bites into it, her mandibles slowly beginning to weaken the beast's skin.............

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 am

Hissing angrily, Megapede reached up with one of his arms and slashed the queen close to her right eye, causing her to release her grip on his head. Once that was done, he used another arm to help pull the queen off of his head completley, then bit into her stomach with his mandibles, piercing the exo skeleton again, before throwing the Kryll queen away from him, watching her land back first onto a few trees and crush them under her weight...
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 am

The queen rises to her feet, feeling her strength weakening. Deciding fighting is not more important than her hive, or even her own life, the queen turns abdomen and flies away, hoping the megapede leaves her alone.........

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 am

Megapede screeched in triumph at the retreating Kryll queen, then began to push deeper into the jungle, heading away from the direction the insect was fleeing in...
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 am

The Queen lands in her hive, her strength nearly gone. she looks about her hive, her children looking at her. Her eldest daughter approaches her, seeing that she is dying, and raises a claw above her mother's head. the Queen makes a nodding motion, and her daughter brings the claw down, impaling the queen's head and killing her. The youngest daughter is now queen of the hive, and is taken to the nesting chamber by some praetorians.

Well, I must say, IK, I thought that was a pretty good fight. I guess the Kryll queen is too weak for melee combat against a tank like Megapede......

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 am

The main mistake you made during the fight, G4E, was that you kept getting into close range combat with Megapede, when the Queen could have used her flight to her advantage and swooped in to attack him before retreating to a safe distance, which would have allowed her to wear him down more easily.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 am

The main thing is that I'm used to playing with Kori Kahn, who is a tank. The Kryll Queen and neo are more like Ridley, in that they can fight, but cannot survive prolonged fighting at melee range.

Anyways, it was a good fight.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 am

Holy crap 3 fights to review T_T

Gigan VS Spinnerax: A pretty good fight I must say, but CS, stop being so ignorant of damage. I know Spinnerax's armor is tough, but so is EVERY monster in GEW. Gigan's chainsaws would've had a similar effect on Spinnerax as his drills had on Gigan.

Ridley VS Grievous: First of all, I'll assume this was an SEW character? Because honestly, it would be extremely ridiculous if an 8 foot tall cyborg would defeat a 100 METER tall monster.

Second, I thought it was a rather ok fight, the only problems I had with it being summed up by Doc a few pages back pretty well.

Kryll Queen VS Megapede: Another example of a fine fight, though I am not liking the continuous dodging and such. IK, specifically, ignored various attacks throughout the fight. While it may be ok to do that AT TIMES, its a little ridiculous to use it in almost every post. If an attack is dealt, and it shouldn't have effected your character so badly, or it shouldn't have even hit, speak to the other member, rather then clutter an E-war/RPG with in-character corrections.

And also, don't spend so much time describing whether or not an attack did significant damage. If your character is immune to something used against it, you can say so yes, but saying "the attack did little" to almost everything is a tad unfair.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:30 am

Actually, RIdley was scaled down to abuot the size h eusually is in the Metroid Series... so the fight was somewhat evenly matched...

That was a very great fight, DM.. I though I was winning, till you lopped off Ridley's sharp tail-end...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:40 am

I thought the clash of the insects went pretty well. I was pretty sure the Kryll Queen would lose anyways. :P I just wanted to try a Kaiju vs. Kaiju fight.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 am

And I shall try to stop downplaying attacks
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I'll cut it out on the continous dodging and ignoring attacks in future battles, TT.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Grievous sprinted to the side, around behind Ridley and leaped onto his back again

Another case of what I mentioned earlier. This one is almost as bad. He runs around the dragon and then jumps on his back? are you sh**ing me? So the whole time Ridley just sat there going <.> instead of, I dunno, turning around?

Pretty bad, but i suppose it wasn't a big point in the fight, shouldn't really matter, but wait, what's this?

In the same post:
Grievous snarled, stabbing all four sabers into the base of Ridley's neck, trying to sever his spinal cord and finish the beast off for good...

Grevious is now on Ridleys neck! Who is still going <.> while Grevious casually saws through his spinal cord.

Absolutely ridiculous. Completely ignorant of Ridleys ability to react. First, you state that he managed to make it all the way around ridley with in one post, and not only have him leap onto him, but actually land, and get to his neck, and did he stab at Ridley? No, stabbed INTO him, so that one hit too. The fact that you ended such an insane disregard for Ridley's capability to react with a targeted, powerful strike WHICH HIT, is unforgivable.

Oh god I should just stop. The post in which Grevious's dismembers Ridleys tail is even worse.
His metal leg mostly undamaged, Grievous landed easily and caught the two Lightsabers with incredible dexterity. Snarling, Grievous leaped forward and swung all four sabers, slicing off the tip of Ridley's tail...

Mostly undamaged? mostly undamaged?

"Oh it's FIIIIINE! Just an enormous blade about the size of my leg impaled through it. I'll walk it off. Actually, instead of walking it, off, I'll go chop its tail off! *chop* See? Didnt hurt a bit."

The tail chopping off is probably the stupidest thing I've seen all day (and this is a Thursday)

I dont have much time so I'll just summarise it

Are you seriously telling me, that Greivious can stand up with his impaled leg and leap at Ridley and chop his tail off, faster than he can move it? Thats like comparing sitting up to blinking? Hell, Ridley could have bit him in half mid air. Grevious leapt at him from the front.

Now, keep in mind, The fact that Giratina went along with those posts means nothing at all. Just because he is ok with it doesn't mean it's allowed. It's still against the rules, and also keep in mind that this was just a random selection, I may have missed other stupid posts.

Disgraceful fight. 1/10

Sorry, that took alot out of me so I won't be able to go into detail with the insect battle. I agree with TT on that one, but i think this post
his under belly was slightly pierced by the tip of the Kryll queen's stinger. Despite that, he quickly jerked himself back before too much poison could be injected into his body...
Deserves special mention for being just plain under hand and unsporting. It doesn't make sense as a post, with Megapede having apparently managed to stab her full on while she only grazed him and really does seem like you didn't care about the quality of the post, the fight, or fairness in anyway and only put it down to give you an advantage and hell the expense.

As for Gigan Vs Spinnerax, yeah, TT pretty much covered it.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 pm

...I didn't even realize that those posts were against the rules...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Okay, okay, you've got a point in some of those parts, Doc, but some of those times I'm just going to disagree (I've already been made to feel like a f*cking idiot by you in one post, so what have I got to lose?)

First of all, I had no idea that Ridley was EVER 100 meters tall. I was thinking he was the Metroid Prime version that entire battle. When fighting someone the size of General Grievous, that makes a lot more sense. Hell, if I had known Ridley was 100 meters tall, do you honestly think I would've used Grievous? Of course he can reach Ridley's neck from his back. It's not like he has to run there after he leaps on him.

Second, the leg impalement. I'm not stupid. If Grievous had been completely organic, yeah, he would be crippled by that attack. But as far as I can tell, Grievous' legs are made of nerveless METAL. Maybe if Grievous' leg joint had been damaged (which wasn't specified, and therefore didn't matter), it would've been a different story. But getting stabbed in an inconsequential part of the leg (and I don't think Ridley's tail blade was gigantic when you think about how comparably small he is)? Maybe slow him down, but that sure as hell wouldn't stop Grievous from continuing his attack.

Third, though not as important, is the fact that Grievous sprinted at Ridley. Grievous is fast. Very fast. Maybe he can't leap on Ridley's back by running at him from 50 feet away, but from 5 feet away? Yeah, I'd say he could. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ridley isn't exactly the most agile thing in the universe, and he certainly couldn't turn around fast enough to track a cyborg sprinting far faster than a human can run.

Look, I really don't care much about the fight. I just wanted to have fun, and it would seem to me that Gira enjoyed it too. I know I messed up, but I don't think I deserve being INSULTED publicly in this topic. I can take criticism. What I can't take is someone, moderator or not, humiliating and badmouthing me for a few mistakes in a PRACTICE forum. I'm sorry if that's wrong of me.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Dm, for the fight against Grevious, I had scaled Ridley down to the size he's in in Metroid Prime, so that's good...

and you are correct, RIdley ain't the most agile thing ni the Metroid Universe... that honor goes to either the Chykka boss or Gandrayda...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction