Lore of Leyuna RPG (FRPG)

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Fantasty RPG Redux

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Uriel could smell them...elves, hidden in the forest. By the concentration of scents, he knew there were other villages nearby. But he already had his target in mind. Prowling through the thick trees, the dragon gradually made his way toward the beach-side village...
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:29 pm

OOC: Eh, the deer is in the village near the beach, not the one on the cliff.

Servan lifted his head out of the water for a quick breath, still having no knowledge of the dragon nearing the Bay Village. Natasaika quickly swam past her brother, the two now racing to see who would make it out to the ocean first. From within the village, the clan was gathering for a feast, as the deer was finished being skinned...
Last edited by UndeadRaptor on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 pm

"What is it, my soldiers?" the king inquires as he plops hismelf down on his throne. "The town..... the town, it was overrun!" one soldier explaims. "Overrun by whom?" Draco asks.

"By..... by half lizards!" the soldiers shout in unison.

"What?" Draco remarks. "That's impossible. There are no lizardmen in this kingdom."
"The roads..... the roads, they were guarded by lizardmen! Couldn't..... couldn't make it to town..... there were too many...." the soldier says as he hunches over.

"I see," Drakun II states. "These lizardmen must be natives from the jungle region Glaan was located near." Draco turns to his father. "We should burn the jungle to the ground. Teach those lizardmen not to attack the borders of the greatest kingdom on the eastern seaboard."

"I would disagree," Drakun II hisses. "We may be able to make allies with them......... if they were strong enough to take out a battalion of heavily armored footsoldiers, they would make excellent allies for times of war."

"I would beg to differ, father," Draco grunts. "They are obviously dangerous and need to be dealt with." "In due time, my boy," Drakun II says. "We have more important issues to deal with than fighting off some reptilian savages."

Draco, now angry yells to his father, "You are too soft, old man, you know that?! We don't know exactly what these creatures will do to us if they decide to attack! For all we know, they can be better than us!"

Drakun II ushers the soldiers out, and for the guards to follow. They do so before Drakun respodns to his frustrated son.

"You have much to learn, Draco," Drakun II says. "You react with violence too often. You need to laern patience and udnerstanding of others."

"I don't WANT to understand them though, father! Don't you get that?!" Draco shouts. "Those things killed my soldiers out there! Do you think we should sit around and let them have their way?! They need punishment for their crimes!"

Drakun II sighs. "My boy, I want you to become a great king someday. I really do. However, you NEED to udnerstand that the world does not revolve around you and your needs. Your hate will lead you to nowhere but war. And war is NOT the answer to everything."

Draco sighs before sitting down. "I'm just frustrated, father." "I understand," Drakun II says, "but now is not the time for such hasty reactions."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 pm

The Lizardmen had finally left the wrecked town behind, taking with them all the relics and valuables that had been stolen from them, intending to put them back in their rightful place in the jungle...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 pm

OOC: Oops, my bad. Fixed my last post.

Peering out of the trees, the dragon eyed the outskirts of the village carefully. Such a thing would be much easier at night, or during a storm...but he had no such advantage now. Trotting out into the open, Uriel quickly moved into the village and attempted to hide himself behind one of the huts...
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:56 pm

One guard near the north eastern caught a glimpse of the dragon, but thought it was just a bear searching through the village. He knew that if it was a bear, it would easily be chased out of the Bay Village, and didn't bother to go look at it. Just as Natasaika neared the end of the tidal pool, Servan bolted directly past her, winning the race the two had begun.

Ikargu swooped over the jungle near his home, watching the ground below him as the trees seemed to shake from him being so close. The ice dragon was flying through the sky, looking over at the destroyed town before turning away from it, knowing that hostile creatures may be in the destroyed place...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:58 pm

The dragon's wings beat rhythmicly as he headed towards the village in the cliff face, soaring high above the ground, almost out of sight of anyone below, scanning the surroundings as he went in case something of note turned up...

he began to descend as he neared. the waves crashed against the cliff face around the massive cove-like formation within which the cliff-side village had been built. fishing boats could be seen below, sailing out to sea to acquire the village's daily food supply. incomplete ships could be seen under construction in the shipyards carved into the rock. and the ringing of a large bell could be heard over the roar of the waves below. Septimus smiled. the atmosphere was pleasant. the cool sea wind in his face, the prospect of books to learn from, a nearby food supply and access to his favourite hobby...perhaps he'd stay a bit here...

"Ey.....Nug. isn't that a dragon?" asked one of the shipyard workers as he pointed out Septimus' approaching silhouette. "Aye...I think so Lug" responded Nug, his identical twin. "What're you two doing? GET TO WORK! we need these fishin' boats finished before the Skrill season starts or we won't have enough food for the dead season!" yelled a gruff voice, a large burly brown haired man said as he walked up to them, a large hammer and some rope in his hands. the thin blond twins looked at him and said "But Mack, there's a dragon coming right towards us!". Mack flinched at the eeriness of the twins' response. he could never get used to their habit of talking in unison. "Leave the Dragon. the Village Guard will handle it" he responded, though he was unnerved by the fact a dragon was approaching. there hadn't been dragons here in over a year, and he was glad for the silence. the majority of the dragons he had seen in his lifetime were raiders that ransacked the village repeatedly during the Skrill season and had almost resulted in them starving two years ago. they had had to suck up their pride and go to a neighbouring village further down the shore and buy food. that village was larger, and better protected, so the dragons kept their distance. the man set his memories aside, heading towards one of the other ships in the shipyard to finish water-proofing the hull, the stink of tar piercing his nose as he approached. he loathed the stench, but it was vital to make sure the ships wouldn't leak over time. the twins meanwhile got back to work, though worried murmurs began to run amongst the other workers. many of them had lost family to dragons, and the presence of one discomforted them. despite them being loners, Dragons tended to appear in groups. it was rare that only one was in the area, even if it was a loner. it was like seperate dragons gravitated to places of interest...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Looking around the corner of the hut, Uriel saw no sign that he was spotted. Trotting to another, larger hut, the dragon disappeared behind it as well, sticking to the shadows to better his chances of success. Not sure where his target was now, Uriel backed away from the hut, then lept at it. Starting to slide off the not-so-flat roof, the dragon extended his claws, stopping himself, now clinging to the side of the structure. Crown of spikes pointed up, he looked around from his perch, spotting the commotion at the town center, which was also the source of the scent. Growling in frustration, Uriel let himself drop back to the ground, deciding to wait until the crowd left to try and look for anything to scavenge...
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 pm

Now beginning to hear wood being scratched from near Servan's hut, the north eastern guard walked towards it to investigate. He was cautious as he moved, using other homes as cover as he saw what clawed at the noble's home. He saw the dragon after peeking out from a nearby hut, shortly before turning away and walking towards the bay. Natasaika and Servan were swimming back already, and as the noble lifted his head from the water the guard quickly informed him, "sir, a dragon is within the village! It's at your home right now, and I don't know what it's doing here!" "Don't attack it, I want to see this creature," he replied, just before climbing out onto the sand and helping Natasaika up aswell...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Khorne awakens to the smell of sulfur. The monstrous basilisk loosk outside his cave, notcing that the vlcanoes are now beginning to erupt. Horrified, the basilisk begins to scramble out of his cave, as a few other creatures living in the wastelands flee from there, knowing that it will be quite a while for plants to regrow when the lava spreads all the way across the wasteland........
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Growing bored, Uriel pushes his head into the hut itself, sniffing nosily as he searches for anything edible. Pushing himself awkwardly into the hut completely, only the dragon's tail was left outside, the creature's large size causing him to knock over various objects, completely ignorant to the mess he was causing...
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm

The bowl of fish lay near the door of the main piece of the hut itself, the scent soon reaching Uriel's nostrils. By the time Servan, Natasaika and the guard got to the noble's hut, they only saw the tail of the dragon out of the back of it. "It must be inside," the elf stated, shortly before the three ran to the front and swung open the main door, to see the rest of the dragon and the now damaged home. "Wh-what's it doing here?" Natasaika stammed, just before Servan raised his arms infront of her and the guard, having the two move back a bit as he moved a little further to the hut...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Ignoring the new arrivals, Uriel stuffs his head into the bowl of fish, eating hungrily, the turn to face the bowl bringing his tail into the hut, which knocked over more belongings...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 pm

The basilisk flees into the forests nearby to escape the wastelands, seeing various other creatures leaving as well. Knowing he will need a new home, the basilisk sniffs around in hopes of finding a new cave......

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Servan soon said to the others, "I guess it was just looking for something to eat," as the elves backed away even more. The soaking wet noble watched as Uriel ate the fish he'd caught just yesterday, wanting to make sure the dragon would leave his home after eating. "Sho-should we get rid of it?" the guard asked, the frightened Natasaika somewhat shaking at the sight of the creature.

Ikargu flew just over the eastern seaboard, going low towards the sea and lowing his mouth into it. Water was collected in his lower jaw along with some fish as the ice dragon collected his first meal for the day, before lifting up and ascending back into the sky...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 pm

As the crowd dispersed into the library, the unique person moved up the stairs near the entryway up to the bar room. UP here, several large, burly men chattered with one another, while two of them arm wrestled. Judging from the discussion going on, they were probably talking about the Pope... The person sighed, her face hidden beneath a large brown hood. The bartender, noticing the person, tapped a wooden shelf once.

It was a code that only he and this person whom just came knew.

The girl turned, before approaching the bartender. She pulled her hood off, revealing a tanned face and green hair. Several freckles ran down her face in a line, a trait passed down from generation to generation of her family. " Let me guess, you came to see if your father had passed by here?" The bartender coughed, his large nose a bright red color, from the cold that he had. The girl simply nodded, for there was no need for her to say anything. "Sorry, but I haven't seen him since yesterday. Which is odd considering he usually comes by this day of the week..." The bartender hacked, before erupting into a coughing fit. Immediately, the girl pulled out a clean rag that she had carried with her, before giving it to the man. The bartender smiled slightly, then began to cough into it. As he coughed, the tall girl descended back down the stairs and out the door. Out in the main city, the crowds were already beginning to gather, heading out to buy food and drinks or to head off to work. So, Father hasn't come by here yet? Meybe he went into the chambers via the secret entrance behind the castle... The girl thought as she moved silently through the city back toward the castle...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Eating the last of the fish, Uriel continued to poke at the bottom of the bowl with his snout, as if waiting for it to refill. When it didn't, the dragon finally realize he was not alone. Turning on the newcomers abruptly (And knocking over more objects in the process), Uriel let out a deep growl, backing up against the back side of the hut defensively...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Khorne continues marching onward, through plants and mud. The beautiful forests were something alien to him; he had not seen them since he was a baby. The creature slinks along, crushing a log under his bulk. He turns to his left, seeing a small rock outcropping there. Perhaps there was a cave in there he could use as his home......

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 pm

The three began to back up, only the guard having a wooden spear which would barely help out during this situation. "Oh great, now it wants to eat US!" Natasaika said, before Servan calmly replied, "no, it's just defending itself," and adding to himself, "I hope." The three finally hit the side of a hut, now backing up to it like they wanted to move further back. No one at the center of the village or the rest of it had any knowledge of the dragon within the Bay Village's limits, and continued with using or eating pieces of the deer...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 am

Uriel stood his ground, growing more agitated now that he was against the back wall of the hut, feeling cornered. His eyes remained locked on the guard, specifically the weapon he carried, not about to leave himself exposed to attack by leaving through the main door...
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction