Isla Sorna Stories: Rebirth

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Isla Sorna Stories: Rebirth

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:22 am

Darkness moved further into the jungle, deciding to go forward for some time and then loop around back toward the cave, hoping to avoid the stream and the areas he had caught his prey, on the off chance other predators were attracted to the area...
TyrannoTitan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:27 am

Redtalon contiued to stride ahead without pause even at the smaller Raptor's defient snarling. He roared again to force Steeltalon to leave though to be honest he diddn't really feel it was nessisary his large size ment the other raptor on it's own was just as much a compy to a raptor and in that relation it was prey.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby C S » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:45 am

As Aircrest bolted from branch to branch, he suddenly felt something sticky on the underside of a foot and glanced down for a second, glimpsing the pasty clear substance that was coating and dripping off of the limb. Normally he would have seen it and would have opted for another tendril to leap onto, but in his rush to head away from the site of the kills, overlooked it. "Tree sap!" Aircrest hissed to himself as he looked back ahead, eyes widening as he saw the vines hanging from the branches higher up, entwined in their growth and becoming figurative nets just ahead. The raptor came down on a branch, though due to his suprise landed off balance, teetering back and forth on the mossy tendril before kicking off a few seconds later, letting him drop into the brush below, staggering through the vegetation blindly before bumping into the raptor whose scent he had picked up on...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:02 am

Darkness, progressing at a fast trot, was knocked slightly off course by the raptor, but quickly corrected himself and disappeared into the brush, hastening his pace. The fact that he didn't smell the raptor before it appeared unnerved him...he wasn't about to become some pack's next meal.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:42 am

Aircrest started muttering as he stumbled through the bushes and plants, loose leaves, twigs and the likes getting stuck to his sap covered foot. "Son of a *****! Sap!" He snarled as he went on his way, resisting the urge to kick out his foot, knowing it wouldnt be any good. He'd have too peel off the litter stuck to it, then dip his foot into a stream or something to get rid of the sap. He wasnt about to head back to the one he just came from though. The raptor would have to bear with it until he found another water source.
Last edited by C S on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:43 am

Gothmog nods to Eradicus. "So... what now?"

Ba'al was ready for the charge and rams his head together with hers, causing both of them to stumble back from the pain. Ba'al snorts and shakes his head. "You are a tough one, young blood. It is a pity you risk certain defeat with this conflict." the Tarbosaur growls low and lowers his form again, ready for Blackscale's next attack but still feeling the pain of the blow...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am

Darkness slowed his pace once again after he put significant distance between himself and the other raptor, making sure to scent the air for signs of pursuit. Smelling none, he relaxed a bit, heading gradually back toward the cave...
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 am

In time, Aircrest hobbled over to a brook, having followed the scent of water as he moved away from the stream. By now the collection of twigs, rocks and other rough, pointy objects stuck to his foot made walking painful, forcing the raptor to literally walk on the tips of his claws. "Words cannot describe how much I hate tree sap. I hate it so much..." Aircrest thought as he made his way to the water's edge. He eased himself onto his side, the sap coated foot in the water. Carefully, he scraped off the litter with the claws of his other foot, his sickle claw held back. He was somewhat anxious as he worked on the issue, as he couldnt run should anything decide to attack him. He pointed his snout to the air and took in the smells frequently, assuring himself that nothing was approaching.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Still not wanting to lose her meal, Steeltalon sank her teeth back into the neck of the galli and started dragging it away from the bigger raptor, the quills on her neck standing up in a mixture of anger and fear, her red eyes glaring.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

"You'll never guess what hap-" Darkness growled loudly as he neared the cave, stopping abruptly as he saw Crusher eating the Cryolophosaur happily "What the hell..." was all the dark raptor could say, scratching his head with a claw...
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm

"I'm not sure," was all Eradicus could croak out in response to Gothmog. The carchar looked around for a moment or two, noticing a lack of water in the general area they were in...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby C S » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:54 pm

"Finally!" Aircrest growled with relief as he pulled his foot out of the water, the sap washed away after several minutes of soaking and the debris stuck to the underside gone. He wasted no time rolling over and getting up, glad that he could actually stand properly now. The raptor then launched himself back into the tree tops, careful not to repeat his mistake and then headed off again, destination unknown...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 am

Red saw this action as the final diffiant act he would stand. He broke into a trot with eyes locked, teeth bared, hands outstretched, and claws and talons set to rip and tear. He soon was right on top of Steeltalon. He placed his left foot on top of the carcass to stop the other raptor. "Last warning, go find something else or you may not have a stomach for long," Red growled, standing high and menicingly.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:55 am

Gothmog glances back a couple times at Eradicus before saying, "I guess it is goodbye." The Giga turns and begisn to head back into the jungle.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:01 am

Eradicus nodded, before calling over his shoulder to Gothmog, asking, "why don't we come and meet here again some time and go hunt together?"

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:08 am

Gothmog nods to the much larger Carchar. "Alright. See you later then." The Giga continues on his way....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 am

The two raptors soon finish off the herbivore and the rest of the pack moves in to feast on their kill, the two alphas going in first.

Eradicus stomped away, not towards his home, however. Instead, the carchar moved on in search of a water source suitable for the predator which continued onwards to the northeast...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby C S » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:18 am

The green raptor navigated the branches nimbly and with intense focus, planning his movement well in advance before he even got to the next jump. A sudden, shrill screech cutting through the air threw off Aircrest's concentration, though instead of falling back into the undergrowth like before, he landed on a branch and hunkered down amongst its leaves, amber eyes scouring the ground. The vegetation began to sway rappidly, and bursting out of the line of plants was a group of five, fairly large Dryosaurs. The rythmic booming of footfalls was on their trail, though judging by the sound they werent caused by anything close to Tyrannosaur size. An Allosaurus stomped out into the open and stopped, panting heavilly. Its dull brown coloration was offset by bright orange rings around large bumps on the animal's back and it was just over 20 feet long. "What's a plains-hunter doing in the jungle?!" Aircrest thought. His leg muscles were tense as he tried to decide what to do- shoot off across the branches, or stay put until the large therapod below went away. The Allosaur snorted loudly as it scented the area, then swung its head about, jaws parted. Aircrest's eyes widened as he got to his feet and kicked off of the branch, the Allosaur's jaws clamping down onto the limb where he just was. The splintering of wood as its teeth sank into the branch only motivated the raptor to move faster. The Allosaur pulled its teeth out of the mangled tendril and let out another piercing roar, starting to weave its way through the trees in pursuit.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 pm

"Go and hunt for yourself, this is mine," Steeltalon snapped back without thinking. "Or are you so lazy and overweight that all the prey just has to WALK to get away from you?"
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Red simply ignored the small raptors words and decided to ignore her comepletely he swung his head into her roughly and shoved her aside. Then he began to sink his claws into the carcass and rip open the chest cavity, he spotted the heart slide out and snapped it up in his jaws. The smell of blood however had caught the attention of another predator, an allosaurus across the plains, and it began to make it's way there at a brisk pace.
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction