Isla Sorna Stories: Rebirth

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Isla Sorna Stories: Rebirth

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:10 am

"So very sorry to cut this fight short, but I have business to conduct elsewhere. Maybe some other time, we can resume this fight." Blackside snarled at the male Tarbo, before she turned tail and ran off into the forest. Due to the fact she wasn' yet a completely adult T-rex, her long legs allowed her t run at a slightly faster speed than adult Rex's... or, in this case, Tarbosaurs. She knew that by now, Monozu was probably a safe enough distance away to wait for her...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 am

Gothmog moves faster now, pressing his body lower to the ground to gain a bit more speed and make being attacked a bit more difficult. However, behind him, he could hear the panting of the Gojirasaurus. The beast was hot on his tail, and wasn't letting up. Dodging and twisting through fallen trees and shrubbery, Gothmog knew he was only delaying the inevitable. He could feel his legs tingling. He was not meant for this much running- he was built to stand toe to toe and fight! However, he did not want to risk becoming crippled from one foolish battle with a Gojirasaurus. However, the trees were beginning to thin as he neared a clearing, and the Giga knew he would need to stand and fight sooner or later. A few seconds after this thought entered the giga's mind, the Gojirasaurus approaches him from the side and snaps at his neck. Ducking under the attack, Gothmog hits the triassic tyrant with his hip, making the creature temporarily lose control and buy the young giga some time. He soon reaches the clearing, gasping and panting for breath, waiting for the inevitable moment that his assailant will burst forth from the shrubbery....

Ba'al lets out a rumbling snarl before beginning to chase her, common sense having exitted his midn the moment the fight started. "Don't you dare flee from me, little one! You will pay for your insolence!" The Tarbosaur roars angrily, being slightly fastr than a rex, but definitely too heavy-set to be able to keep up with the Juevinile....
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:28 am

as Crusher finished off what little remained of the exposed side of the Cryolophosaur, he glanced up from his meal, eyeing Darkness. "Hey Darkness. you eaten? or are you still hungry?" he growled as he stood up, yawning widely as he stretched, the Rex feeling sluggish after his meal...

"He was weak, Redtooth. Weak-willed, and weak physically. He lacked the ability to lead. If I hadn't done it, someone else would have. Would you really want to lose our family's place over affection? I did what was best for us all. The fact that I'm the one who did it will simply scare our opponents further, and solidify our place. We're stronger now than we were before his demise" hissed Thrasher as he eyed his younger brother...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 am

"I'm...fine. Caught a few compies on the way back." the dark raptor growled, standing. "I'm going to go...find somewhere quiet." he continued, stretching, before leaping off his perch and heading into the cave. Although the entrance to the cave was large enough for something even larger then Crusher to sit comfortably inside, it got progressively smaller as it went back, which it seemed to go on indefinitely. During his spare time, if he wasn't sleeping or hunting with Crusher, Darkness spent his time navigating the twisting paths of the cave, and had already found another, raptor-sized entrance to the surface on one such occasion. Wanting to escape the noise of Crusher's chewing, he decided to head into the depths of the cave once again...
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 am

Redtooth looked between his father's body and Thrasher, a look of indecision still etched on his crocodilian features. "I... suppose you have a point... But, what now? We have enemies, Thrasher. They aren't pushovers. Are you sure this will scare them off? You have a backup plan, right?" He trusted Thrasher--he was his own brother, after all--but this sudden exchange of hats was still making his mind spin. Was this such a good idea? Was Thrasher going in over his head? We he? He still didn't know, but for now, the only form of leadership he had was Thrasher...

"Stoneclaw, I'm hungry," Howler whined, for the third time since Bladetooth had left. Stoneclaw gritted his teeth, hiding his eyes with his hands. "For the last time, Howler," he growled. "We can't leave until Bladetooth comes back. Or would you rather explain to him why we're gone when he gets back?" Howler visibly swallowed, but stayed resolute. "Well... I can go hunt by myself!" At that Stoneclaw burst out laughing, coldly replying, "Oh please! You couldn't catch a dead lizard!" Howler glowered at his brother, then hissed, "Fine, I'll prove it! I'm going to go get a Compy, and show it to you so you can see how good of a hunter I am!" As Howler stomped off angrily, Stoneclaw continued to laugh, ignoring his brother's comments...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:40 am

Blackside could hear Ba'al chasing after her, and after a moment of thinking while on the run, she turned to the right slightly, running in that direction. If she could just have the big lug give up on chasing after her...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 am

As Gothmog slowly recovered from his run, his foe came bursting into the clearing, snapping its jaws and readying its claws. It knew the youngling was tired and alone, and planned to have itself a good sized meal today. the medium sized carnivore circled around the weakened Giga child, snarling threateningly at him. Gothmog circled with the hunter, not letting the beast get the jump on him. He may be tired, but he was not down and out....

With lightning quick reflexes, the beast strikes, claws slashing towards Gothmog. The blade-like appendages connect, striking him along his back and towards his ribcage. The giga howls in pain before snapping at the Gojirasaur's hand, but it was ready for the attack. The swift-footed beast backs up to avoid the mighty jaws of the giga, before slashing Gothmog across the face with its claws. Gothmog backs up a few feet, shaking his head, as warm red blood trickled down to the tip of his nose and falls to the floor. The Gojirasaur began to salivate. It knew the time was getting near. Getting impatient, the Gojirasaur lunges at Gothmog's neck to make the killing blow....

But it soon proves to be a fatal mistake. The young giga manages to evade the strike, causing the Gojirasaur to lose balance and fall to the floor. Before the giga's opressor can recover, Gothmog quickly puts his foot down on the Gojirasaur's torso, pinning it under his superior weight. The Gojirasaur thrashes about, arms flailing, legs kicking, and jaws snapping to prevent Gothmog from getting any closer. The giga, however, manages to find an opening in the beast's attacks, and chomps down on the Gojirasaur's neck. It was not the jugular, however- he had grabbed the top of its neck, near the base of the head. The gojirasaurus continued thrashing about, trying to free itself from Gothmog's pin. Bringing his claws towards its neck, Gothmog slashes in one quick movement, slitting the beast's throat. He backs off for a few moments, and watches as it thrashes about for a few more moments and chokes to death.

The battle was over. Gothmog was badly wounded, but he had proven to himself he could fight and hold his own agaisnt simialrly sized predators. "That was for you, mother," Gothmog thinks to himself before letting out a half-hearted victory roar. He was too tired to make anything too powerful, and simply moved in to feed on his kill....

Ba'al snaps futilly at the tip of Blackside's tail as she gets away from him. The tarbosaur pants a bit before roaring angrily and heading back into the jungle. He would need to find a new source of food...
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:59 am

Blackside once again altered her direction, this time heading right for Monozu's scent...

The Suchomimus yawned as he waited beside the dead corpse of the Edmontosaurus. He was still hungry... and he wanted to get a nice bite out of it. But before he could act on it, Blackside ermerged from the forest into the clearing he was in. "I see you've been saving the whole thing for me. Don't worry, I'll allow you to have hal fof this." Blackside growled as she moved toward th ekill, then began to dig into it. Monozu also dug into it from his end. TO him, the flesh was just perfect. Not too hard, not too soft.. just perfect...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 am

In time the raptor dropped from the tree and into the thinning undergrowth, venturing forward into the thicket of trees, leaves and vines. He seemed to disappear into the shadows, his dark green and black coloration melding into the environment. Prey would not see him nor smell him, as his scent was rubbed off on the leaves as he shot through the canopy.That was a good thing, as undoubtly small, fast prey would be living in this part of the jungle. While he was fast himself, he just didnt have the energy to chase down a meal. He'd have to make the most of his stealth capabillity
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Thrasher chuckled lowly at his brother's words. "Poor little Redtooth. I suppose being too young to remember when it started is an excuse. I've been ruling in all but name since we took this position. even before. Who do you think persuaded Scimitar to lead an attack on the Tyrannosaurs? He feared them like death because of that elder one, Tornado. He feared him until the moment the life left his eyes. He's always worried that Tornado would hunt him down and get revenge for his family. It was my words, my drive, that convinced him to go through with it. And since the success of that, I've been the one he speaks to of everything. I just decided I'd stop playing games and show everyone who was really in control" he growled as he slowly walked away from the area, gesturing for his brother to follow. "Our enemies feared Scimitar for his power. I crushed him like a gnat. I will crush them as well, if they attempt to challenge me" he hissed finally...

As Crusher walked over to the stream, he licked his fangs and over his lips, before lowering his head to the crystal clear liquid, lapping up several mouthfuls, washing away the blood that had covered his lips, fangs, and plastered against the insides of his mouth, the Rex sighing as he lifted his head from the stream, trails of water dripping down his jaws and off his chin as he yawned, walking lazily over to the cave to rest for the rest of the morning while his body digested his meal, striding into the rocky den and moving to a small dip in the ground where he had collected some dry grass, resting on his somewhat comfortable bed. he dreaded exhaustion. because with each time he closed his eyes, he witnessed the events that had resulted in his life alone. with a reluctant sigh, the Rex lay down, resting his head against a particularly soft patch of the grass, hoping the softness would help calm his mind...

"Scimitar is dead. his son, Thrasher, killed him" hissed a Troodon quietly in the darkness of a massive cave system, a pair of reddish orange, malevolent eyes looking down at it. "Excellent" rumbled the giant before it, as a large slab of meat, easily twice the size of the Troodon itself, hit the ground in front of it, the creature diving in hungrily, amidst praise and thanks to the beast. "You will continue watching Thrasher...and the remnants of the Tyrannosaur family. and you will report to me everything you learn. Am I understood?" rumbled the beast, it's form as black as the darkness around it, the only hint to it's size being the two eyes staring down at the creature, and the space between them. "I understand. It will be done" hissed the Troodon, as two more came out behind it, the trio grabbing the large slab of flesh and dragging it away with them, to take to their starving packmates. Living in one of the most desolate areas of the island meant they had little food to live off. but at the same time, it was the only place where they weren't enemies of every living thing there. they had managed to make themselves enemies of the majority of the major Packs on the island through their network of lies, treachory and exploitation. their actions finally made them enemies of almost everything that knew of them, and hunting for food was no longer possible. They disliked the fact their skills were being used for something else, other than themselves...but it was better than starving to death. plus...the Deal they made would eventually bring back much greater profits, were they to remain loyal. it was a once in a lifetime opportunity...and none of the Troodons in the pack would risk wasting it...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Redtooth hesitated, but only for a moment. He walked slowly after Thrasher, casting one last glance over his shoulder at Scimitar's body...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Darkness squeezed through the back portion of the cave, dropping down into a crampt passage that led further underground. The dark raptor knew this passage well, as he had explored it before. Hoping to reach an unfamiliar section of the cave system, Darkness pushed on, having to lower his head or risk smashing it against various rocks hanging above him.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Aircrest stepped about the roots of trees, bushes and ducked under vines as he made his way through the heavy growth of vegetation, following the scent trail of Abrictosaurs. A group had passed through recently and the raptor was creeping along their path. It didnt take long for him to come across telltale signs of their pressence deeper in the thick jungle, low lying plants stripped of leaves after they grazed. Aircrest sniffed the air once more, the scents lingering in the air telling him that the group was still nearby. They were probably still grazing if they stopped so close by, which meant that there would be a few of the group keeping watch, alert and ready to sound the alarm if a predator was spotted. With that in mind, Aircrest slipped through the foliage around him and headed off toward the herd of Abrictosaurs then made his approach to them silently. He peered out at the group of small herbivores from behind a tree, a line of shrubs growing around its base allowing him to mostly blend into the surroundings. The Abrictosaurs fed on low plants with their short black beaks, biting down onto ferns and pulling off fronds which they quickly grinded up in their mouths and swallowed. Most of the group were a dark blue in color with mauve and black stripes running down their backs and tail though, there were a few brown splotches and gray hides. The green and black raptor's eyes scrutinized each one as the raptor tried to find the most vulnerable individual...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Several minutes after he had begun feeding, Maloriak tore one final strip of flesh from the corpse of the Gali and swallowed it. There was so little meat on the corpse now that it would only be able to feed, at most, a pair of compies. The raptor turned away from the nearly skeletonised body and began to walk to west, begining his search for the second thing he needed at this point before he went back to his typical wandering again...
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:03 pm

A hungry Abrictosaur wandered over to the tree surrounded by shrubs and began to graze on the moist leaves at its leisure. unaware of the predator just out of sight. Aircrest stared through the leaves, contemplating his strike. He carefully side stepped out from behind the tree, his stance low to the ground, ready to launch upwards and bite into the Abrictosaur's throat. When the time was right, the raptor struck, shooting through the plant the herbivore was grazing on in a flash of movement, the loud rustling catching the attention of the other Abrictosaurs. Their eyes widened in shock and horror as they saw Aircrest's jaw hold their screaming comrade's throat, the raptor having knocked the plant eater onto its back and pinning the herbivore's head to the ground. His hands slashed at the herbivore's chest while he raked his right foot down its lower torso, sickle claw tearing deep into the flesh and spilling blood onto the jungle floor. The rest of the herd scattered with cries of their own, fearing that there were other raptors waiting to make a kill. Finally the Abrictosaur fell limp and silent and Aircrest released its neck, getting to work biting into its flank and tearing off slabs of meat, working them down his throat with flicks of his snout.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby UndeadRaptor » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:34 am

Sabre and Lightning tear into the dead hadrosaur's flesh, trying to reach the liver, so biting and clawing away at enough meat and skin to see it, the two pulling it out a moment later. As the rest of the pack waits for their share of the kill, Valu hungerily strolls along, seeming to get closer to the dead herbivore with each stride she made.

Eradicus lays down in the sandy pit near the southern-most beach on Sorna which he called his home, writhing in pain from the attack to his face made earlier that day. He'd have to scavenge early in the morning the next day to restrengthen himself for a hunt...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:47 am

Unfortunetly for Steeltalon the Allosaurus was starved and swallowed large amounts of the carcass, including bone. This ment little was left behind and the compies quickly flocked over the remains, if she arrived quickly she might catch a few lingering around. Meanwhile Red had quickly made his way into the island's interior searching for either a place to stay or perhaps a bit of fun, maybe agrivate a raptor pack or pester a lone Stegosaur.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby C S » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:52 am

As Aircrest ate, he found himself feeling a strange peace in the dark jungle. It was rare for him to get a substantial meal, and not have to rush to eat it. The black striped tore out another bit from the Abrictosaur with a crunching noise then threw his head back, snapping his jaws a few times as he worked it down his throat. He then plunged his reddened snout back into his kill. By now the creature's chest cavity and rib cage were exposed, the bones stained pink by blood. The heart and lungs were missing and Aircrest was now eating from the herbivore's lower torso, his jaws ripping its liver apart as he wrenched his head back and forth. He pulled his snout back, a mangled chunk of the dark brown organ hanging from the sides of his jaws before being consumed with a wet squelching noise
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Fire roared all around him, a dark sky above completely concealed with smoke, as the tongues of the flames licked at his body as he searched desperately for an escape. amidst the flames he could see Spinosaurs and Tyrannosaurs fighting, the instantly recognisable silhouette of his father, with his large brow ridges and unnaturally large fangs, thrashing violently against 3 Spinosaurs, grabbing one by the neck and yanking it down as his tail knocked a second off it's feet, the third ramming him in the side, flooring him before diving at him, only to be kicked in the face and tripped with the Rex's tail as the Tyrannosaur patriarch stood, Spectre fighting valiantly, pinning the attacker to the floor and ripping it's head off, tossing the skull aside as two more Spinosaurs, one massive, covered in small spikes, a large waddle hanging from it's neck, the other smaller and covered in spikes, tackled the Tyrannosaur to the ground, two more Spinosaurs joining the fight, three other Spinosaurs engaging the family to keep them from interfering as the thrashing and slashing sounded out over the roar of the flames, a booming roar of pain tearing out, a gasping snarl being heard, a victory roar tearing out of the largest Spinosaur's throat, as Crusher saw one of his brothers get tackled to the floor by two of the Spinosaurs that had brought down his father, continuing their raid, the young adult Rex managing to kill one with a well aimed bite to the neck as he was tackled, his victory short lived as the second one eviscerated him, the Rex's internal organs hanging from a gaping slash down his stomach. as he felt something large and warm pull him away, a voice could be heard echoing, the darkness above the flames seeming to stare back at him through unseen eyes. Yooou willll faaaalll echoed the voice in the darkness as Crusher suddenly felt himself falling, the warmth and security holding him disappearing, replaced by the cold winds and rumbling growl of something massive, Crusher spotting the gargantuan jaws below as he plummeted...

Crusher jumped awake, a groaning roar of dread coming from him as he kicked out, breathing heavily as he felt the stoney floor below him, the grass having been pushed aside in his restlessness. he glanced around for a moment, trying to get his barings on the world, realising where he was, his frantic breathing slowing down as his heart rate slowed back to normal, his slitted pupils widening as he got used to the light...

Always the same...

It was always the same dream. The events that changed his life forever were burned into his memory. After nearly 8 years one would think he'd've become used to it and could sleep through it. But unfortunately....that was not the case...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:25 pm

The two predators continued to feed on the half of the dead Edmontosaurus, though very quickly, the kill was being reduced to bones, and neither of them were close to being full. "It looks... like we'll need to do... a second hunt." Blackside snarled at Monozu between swallowing mouthfuls of food whole. The Suchomimus nodded his head, before tearing off some meat from an exposed rib. Thankfully, finding another meal was almost never a problem, even on an island like this...

Two miles away, in the swamplands, a pair of Styracosaurs wadded toward the waters edge, before dipping their beaks into the water to drink. Both individuals were large males weighing over 4 tonnes, a tad bit larger than most Styracosaurs. With massive spiked frills over 8 feet across, and with nasal horns 7 feet long, few predators would try and take on a Styracosaurus without a backup plan. Both herbivores continued to drink, their ovile-green skin blending in well with the marshy background. Unbenownst to both herbivores, a pair of eyes peered up from the water, less than 14 feet away. The eyes were yellow in color, and slanted like a cats eyes. Behind it was what appeared to be a long, 40 foot log...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction