Isla Sorna Stories: Rebirth

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Isla Sorna Stories: Rebirth

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Steeltalon let out a snarl, regaining her balance, and was about to start a fight when she remembered that she didn't have a pack anymore. She couldn't afford a fight with a bigger predator now. With another low snarl she turned and started in the direction the rest of the galli herd had gone. In their panic they'd probably scared off a lot of the prey around here, but she was hungry, had just lost the first decent catch she'd made in days, and would take anything she could get.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:56 pm

"Damn it!" Aircrest barked as he leapt to the side, the branch he had jumped from suddenly being snapped like a twig as the Allosaur rammed into it. "Damn it!" He barked again as he shot off to another branch, the one he was just on broken with a thundering crack as the large predator swung the side of its head into it. "Oooooh damn it!" He snarled as he leapt to a branch higher up in the canopy, escaping a tangle of vines that the Allosaur simply charged through, ripping the plants apart. Even though Aircrest was now out of reach of the predator's jaws, the branches higher up were weaker than the ones below- he'd have to be more careful about how hard his landings were...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

Blackside managed to regain her senses, before she began to circle Ba'al, the female T-rex trying to find an opening for attack. All she needed to d was stall this Tarbosaur for just abit longer...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:51 am

"Hmm?" grunted Crusher as he turned his head to look at Darkness, a large slab of meat hanging from his jaws, a couple of ribs sticking out between his teeth as the crunching abruptly stopped, one rib dropping from the slab and dropping on the floor...

the ground-shaking thump of a falling predator resounded in the clearing, the trees closest to them shaking just enough to scare the birds from their perches, as Scimitar struggled to his feet, emotionally torn apart over the betrayal. as he rose, his growl seeming to tremble with pain, he charged with new fury at his treasonous son, Thrasher eying his infuriated father through malevolent eyes, a sickeningly evil look of delight on his face as he sidestepped, swinging his arm out as his father passed, ripping a massive gash along the older Spinosaur's flank, a screeching howl of pain coming from the elder as he stumbled forward, only to be blown aside as he passed Thrasher, the Spinosaur's long, armoured, crocodillian tail hitting the elder's flank with startling force, causing Scimitar to stumble to the ground, landing on one of his arms, hissing in pain as his weight landed on his wrist. snorting, the Spinosaur rose to his feet, fangs bared in a ferocious snarl as he changed tactics, walking towards Thrasher slowly, beginning to circle, splaying the claws of his intact arm threateningly, the other one seeming to be painful to move. "Finally got your head out of the clouds, father? Goood....Now we can fight as equals" hissed Thrasher coldly. a sickened hiss came from Scimitar as he eyed the abomination before him. "You....are not my son. You are not WORTHY of being one of my young" snarled the elder. "Oh, I don't know. So far you've given me every reason to believe that it is YOU who is not worthy of being called my father, not the other way around" retorted Thrasher icily, taking in a deep breath, a bellowing screech tearing out across the island, the Spinosaur preparing to finish his father off...once and for all...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:54 am

A third Spinosaurus watched the vicious battle from the edge of the clearing, horror and disbelief etched on his face. This couldn't be happening, it couldn't be! Who was he supposed to support? His father? His brother? His indecisiveness kept the predator from moving to join the fight, unsure of his allegiance...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:17 am

"...Nevermind. This scene alone puts my experience to shame." Darkness growled, waving a clawed hand dismissively, before heading toward his perch...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 am

Ba'al snorts before moving with surprising speed to blackscale's side, snapping his jaws at her lower leg, attempting to immobilize her....

Gothmog continues along, now moving at a slight jog...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:55 am

Steeltalon's jaws snapped shut with an audible click just shy of a compy's tail. It shrieked in alarm and anger and turned to bite back, giving her the opening she needed to grab it by the neck. She shook her head violently, the little body she held whipping back and forth until she dropped it and sniffed it, looking for signs of life. Finding none she picked it back up and trotted deeper into the jungle. Finding a suitable tree, young and covered thickly in vines, she took a quick running leap and climbed swiftly up to a branch that was sturdy and well out of the reach of most competition. Suppressing a sigh, she began chewing on her meager catch. Compies never seemed to taste as good as a freshly-killed herbivore, and living off them made one forget what real food tasted like. But it seemed it was the best she was going to get for now.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:11 am

Aircrest slammed down on another tendril, the winding timber weakened by rot and giving way as the raptor hit it at speed. He shot off again mere seconds later as part of the branch plummeted down, the brown Allosaur narrowly moving its head out of the way. "And here I was thinking that wouldnt be able to see that!" Aircrest barked down at the Allosaur when he landed. The larger carnivore slowed to a stop and was now looking up at him, eyes partially obscured by yellow-orange crests. "And what, may I ask, gave you the impression that I was a mute?" The Allosaur rumbled revealing itself to be female, lips parting to reveal her sharp teeth. "Holy crap! You talk!" Aircrest hissed. "I honestly didnt think your kind used their head for anything other than, well..." The raptor turned his head to the side, gesturing to a smashed branch, the broken end hanging by the vines that wrapped around the trunk of the tree. "Thats good" The Allosaur growled as she circled the tree Aircrest was perched in. "You wouldnt believe how much raptors die because they underestimate their fellow carnivores" Without warning, the hungry female rammed her head into the tree trunk, splinters running across it from the point of impact. The branches shuddered and leaves fell. Aircrest crouched and dug his claws in to avoid being knocked off. "Yeah? Well Im not going to be one of them!" Aircrest barked before shooting off again, the Allosaur snarling in irritation, starting to consider giving up the chase.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 am

What Ba'al got instead of a leg to bite on was a tail to the face. Blackside had twisted her body so that her tail nailed Ba'al in the side of the head. Th eforce of the attack threw the Tarbosaur off balance and onto the side. Blackside, beginning to think that she had given Monozu enough time, began to back off, a low hiss coming from her mouth...

Several hundred meters away, Monozu stopped dragging the kill, only fo rhim to flinch upon hearing Thrasher's roar. It was abit closer now, and he could identify it as coming from a bull Spinosaurus. He didn't feel very comftorable being near the territory of a large Spinosaur, but he remembered hearing from his parents that Spinos and Suchomimus tolerated one another, so he let out a reptilian sigh, before lying down. He just hoped that Blackside would get here soon...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:46 am

Ba'al snorts and gets to his feet, shaknig his head from the blow, before stomping forward intimidatingly a few steps. "What's the matter, youngling? Scared?" The Tarbosaur lets out a chilling, gutteral laugh, if one could even CALL it a laugh. "You fight bravely for a few moments, then run away once you see the opening? Tsk tsk tsk. I would expect one of your size to have more pride than that."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:03 am

"Oh this is pointless..." The female Allosaur grumbled irritably, slowing to a stop. The green and black raptor had a considerable distance between him and her, and even when she stopped he kept going. Aircrest wasnt taking any chances. The Allosaur let out a low hiss before turning away into the underbrush as the raptor sped off, lost among the tree tips.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby raptor titanus3 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:13 pm

On Steeltalon's retreat Red made a satisfied gurgle like sound in his throat before returning to his meal when suddenly the direction of the wind changed, and the smell of Allosaur filled his nostrils amougst the blood of the carcass. "Damn," he thought realising he was formidiable but retreat was preferable to a fight with a tougher foe like an Allosaurus. He quickly gobbled down the most valuable inards like the liver, lung cavities, and other protien rich materials before the Allosaurus appeared within eyesight. The Allosaurus broke into a run towards Red who quickly made a haisty retreat away.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 am

Crusher eyed the Raptor curiously for a few moments, before continuing to munch away at his meal, gulping down lumps of meat at a rate that would put whole packs of Raptors to shame...

as Thrasher lunged, claws and jaws wide, Scimitar craned his neck, one wide clawed hand slamming into his son's face with startling speed for his age, three diagonal slashes skidding down the left side of Thrasher's snout, starting around his eyes and streaking down his snout in jagged lines, ending at his chin. Not giving his son a chance to react, Scimitar lunged at the Spinosaur's neck, clamping down as his clawed arm dug into the younger Spinosaur's shoulder. as he tried to hold Thrasher's head in order to break his neck, the younger Spinosaur slammed his flank against his father's chest, knocking him back as he thrashed out, clawed hands slashing across the elder's chest and shoulder as Thrasher anchored himself in almost the same position his father attempted on him, biting down on the elder's neck, clawed hand embedded in the elder's flank as he lifted one foot off the ground, kicking across the elder's stomach, the clawed foot leaving three large, deep gashes where they struck, the membrane keeping the vital organs in bulging from the wound as Thrasher let his weight force his father to the ground, setting a foot on Scimitar's flank as he hissed lowly "You've disappointed me father...I had hoped I could take pride in defeating you.....yet you are no stronger than any other fool I've killed. I will take joy in erasing you from my life". Scimitar's eyes widened, a low, weak, and angered snarl coming from him as he swung his weakened arm up, the claw slashing across the ridges around his son's eye, not having the force to sink deep enough to blind the traitor Thrasher's eyes narrowing heartlessly as he bit down with all his strength, pulling upwards, using his foot as leverage, a sickening crack being heard as the elder's neck was broken, Thrasher dropping the limp head and neck, the lifeless corpse of his father laying on the ground, covered in gashes and wounds, the once feared Spinosaur laying beaten, broken, and voided of strength. a bellowing screech tore out for miles as Thrasher announced his victory to all. The island had a new ruler. The title of Most Dominant Predator...had changed hands for the second time in nearly a decade...

Only a few meters away, a pair of amber eyes stared out from the canopy at the edge of the treeline. the creature's alert gaze was locked on the roaring Spinosaur and his fallen father, the look of shock still etched into the older Spinosaur's features. with a sigh, the Raptor closed his eyes, turning away from the scene and fading into the shadows of the canopy once more. "And so, it begins. A dark day for us all"...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 am

Gothmog was lumbering along, spotting a young hadrosaur with its mother, before the screech tears through the air. The two hadrosaurs flee as fast as they can, and Gothmog himself cringed from the power in the roar. "It appears that someone has taken control...." Gothmog grumbles before he continues along, sniffing the air as he goes. He himself trully wished that there was no ruler, and that they could simply hunt without conflict with one another. "That is not the predator way, my son," his mother once told him. "There is always one who wishes to be one top of the others, and no one wants to take the chance to eliminate him and leave none in the position. He who slays the owner of power never shares. It is only for themselves they do such a thing. I too, dislike it, but there is nothing I can do about it." He always remembered those words... he felt that there was something that could be done about the situation... like it was unnecessary...
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:56 am

The third Spinosaurus who had witnessed the battle slowly strode forward, taring blankly at the dead Scimitar. "He's... he's dead..." He hissed, his voice hoarse. "You... you killed him... Why?"
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:25 am

Darkness yawned, now resting comfortably on his perch once more, trying to ignore the sounds of Crusher's noisy eating...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 am

Steeltalon was just finishing off her compy, glowering in the direction she'd come from. Damn Utahraptors. They thought just because they were big they were better than their smaller cousins. She snorted and shook her head. She'd go back later, see if there was anything worth eating on the carcass, then head for the underground caves.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 am

Gothmog walked as silently as his decently sized body could. The young giga sniffed the air a few more tiems before his gaze darted to the right. "Gojirasaurus..." the giga growls to himself nervously. He may be a good size- fifteen feet for a ten year old giga was unnatural- but an adult Gojirasaurus was nearly a fifth longer than him and two times as quick. The giga began to move a bit quicker, hearing the dreaded sniffing of the nearby triassic killer.....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:06 am

Aircrest finally stopped fleeing when he was completely drained of energy, bypassing branches all together on his final jump and flying into the mossy trunk of a tree, digging his claws in and just hanging there, panting. His legs trembled from the strain that was put on them, and beckoned for rest. Mustering the last of his strength, Aircrest pried his claws from the bark and kicked off at an angle, flying backwards and onto a nearby branch, landing and dropping onto it, rustling the leaves. Adding to the fact that he was tired, he was also hungry, already burning the energy he got from the compy and lizard he ate earlier. He'd rest here at the edge of thick jungle, the trees growing close to each other and their canopies blocking the sun from reaching the undergrowth, which was sparse. The vines hung down in the free space however, making navigating the place just as tricky as navigating the treetops themselves. He'd try to see if he could find something else to eat once he got his breath back. "At least...no damn...Allosaur can get through there..." Aircrest grumbled bitterly to himself
Last edited by C S on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction