Warriors RPG (V2)

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Warriors RPG (V2)

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:57 am

Firestreak flicked the older tom's ear with his tail as he passed, taking the lead. The trip to meet the clan's deputy took but a moment. "You wanted to see us, Falconflight?" the young warrior meowed as they approached, giving the looming Highrock a brief stare.

Eli started at the she-cat's arrival, but eased slightly when he recognized the clan's leader. "I'm better now," he meowed tentatively in response, giving Mistpool a quick, attributing glance.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Falconflight turned and nodded, meowing, "I have a few questions for the two of you, and a task." He paused a moment, choosing his words carefully before he spoke again. "Did either of you ever see or hear anything that might injure a cat so badly in the forest?"

"Good," Shadowstar purred. "I've told everyone you're our guest until you've healed, so no one should bother you. I imagine more than a few of them are curious, though, so you may have...visitors," she added wryly, knowing fully well that the younger cats would find a way to sneak in and pester the newcomer, if they were curious enough.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:11 pm

"You mean...recently?" Firestreak replied, giving his chest fur a quick lick. "Can't say that I have. But I've seen bears do terrible things, back when I was a loner. Things I'd hope never to see again."

Eli swallowed whatever emotions this stirred in him and nodded. "Mistpool told me a little about the clan. And about Starclan," he reported, quite dutifully; what the young cat was implying by bringing this up was anyone's guess.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 pm

"Wolves" purred Shadowsoul calmly. "Vicious, revolting things. Relentless, tireless creatures with a penchant for violence and a taste for prey of the feline variety. I lost my brother to them several seasons ago...Though if they were involved, our guest's survival would be a gift from Starclan...Few ever make it out of a skirmish with those hounds intact" explained the tom as he splayed his paw broadly, grooming the fur on it casually as he sat, tail curled around his paws. "It could also have been a badger. Large claws and strong bites couple well with irritability...It could easily have done that much and worse to even experienced cats" he added...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:52 pm

Falconflight nodded as if to himself and went on, "Before anything else, I want the two of you to take a patrol each and check the territory thoroughly. Bring no less than three other cats with you and let them know what to look out for when it comes to bears or wolves. One patrol will take the ShadowClan border, from Snakerocks to Fourtrees; the other will go from Tallpines along the RiverClan border." He fixed first Shadowsoul, then Firestreak in his amber gaze and went on, "This is just to make sure of whether or not the territory is safe for us, so no unnecessary heroics. If you see or scent anything unusual, get what information you can from a safe distance and report back when you return to camp."

"Did she?" Shadowstar meowed with mild surprise. She glanced at the medicine cat, who offered an innocent blink in return. "Well, it's good to know you're alert enough to be curious," the leader mewed. "I'm afraid I have to ask, though; do you remember where you were attacked?"
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:45 pm

"The grounds around Shadowclan's territory are no mystery to me. If Firestreak doesn't mind, I think I will take that as my...area of investigation" purred Shadowsoul with a flick of his tail as he looked between the two toms...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:34 am

"Sounds like I'm headed towards Riverclan, then," Firestreak meowed with a nod. Although it seemed their concerns lay with the likes of wolves and bears and other unpleasant creatures seldom seen in the forest, the thought of the other clans did enter the young tom's mind. Whether it be bear or cat, any intruders posed a very serious threat to the clan either way.

Eli frowned and slowly shook his head. "I...don't remember. I don't even know how I got into the forest." The young cat shifted uneasily. The situation made him as uncomfortable as one might expect.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Falconflight nodded. "Be swift, silent, and careful," he meowed and gave both toms a nod, dismissing them.

Shadowstar hummed softly to herself. It wasn't entirely surprising, though she had hoped to find something to go on. "Any memory of where you come from?" she persisted gently, tipping her head to one side. If Eli was a lost kittypet, it would make sense that he didn't know about the dangers of the forest...but he didn't seem to have the irrational fear of the forest cats that most kittypets did.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:00 am

A considerable while later, Shadowsoul was leading the patrol along the Shadowclan border. It wasn't a routine patrol, and were a Shadowclan cat to spot them, it would probably put them on edge. As a result, the former Loner and Shadowclan cat made sure to keep his movements as well hidden as possible, moving between bushes and trees, through hollowed out logs and other obstacles that made tracking him difficult. So far, he and his group had discovered the scents of a few foxes, a badger, and in one case, a dog. The last one was surprising, as, in his experience, they tended to stay near Twolegs, leaving the forests and plains outside of their territory to the wolves. That was the other oddity, if only to him. Not a single trace of wolves. Perhaps they were plaguing another clan, or were spread out over the others and so happened to be absent from Thunderclan's territory. In any case, it was a welcome discovery. He wondered, for a moment, whether Firestreak had had any luck trying to find their mystery enemy. It was proving more elusive than he had expected...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:33 pm

The cats Shadowsoul had brought with him were quite obviously on edge; ears pricked to catch the slightest sound, tails carried low, they moved as if stalked in their own territory. It was partially to avoid the attention of any ShadowClan cats that might be in the area. As luck would have it, the border was freshly marked, but there weren't any cats from the rival Clan in sight - the ThunderClan patrol must have just missed ShadowClan's. All the better. They weren't out to cause trouble, after all.

Two moons later saw the return of an uneasy peace in the forest. ThunderClan had spread the news of the severely injured Eli at the Gathering, and the other Clans had kept a wary eye out for trouble since. No one had seen hide or hair of any creature that would maul a cat so badly in quite some time. Eli, recovered from his injuries and memory loss, had left as soon as Mistpool told him he was able to walk, claiming discomfort around so many cats. Despite the peace and time of plenty, borders were watched more closely than ever, and recently, it was not unusual for ThunderClan patrols to come to blows with RiverClan's and ShadowClan's.

Even with the tension that mounted with the heat and fraying tempers, Shadowstar was bursting with pride over the birth of Swanfeather's kittens. They had been born without very much complication, though Swanfeather still seemed not to have recovered from the ordeal. Thinking back on it, Shadowstar shivered faintly with renewed fear over the memory of her sister's fluffy white pelt stained crimson, and Swanfeather's desperate pleas for Mistpool to see to the kits first. With her last scrap of consciousness, she had named them Ravenkit, Echokit, and Icekit. The medicine cat had stayed by Swanfeather's side all night, doing her best to keep the new mother alive. It had been a close call, and she was still very weak. When not tending to her duties as leader, Shadowstar wasn't often caught away from the nursery.

As for ThunderClan's neighbors across the Thunderpath, Cedarstar, weakened by the illness ShadowClan had suffered and old age, had passed quietly in his sleep the previous moon. Twistedjaw had gone to receive his nine lives and taken the name Twistedstar. Littlefern, still feeling the loss of Shadepaw, had become a shadow of her former lively self. She was quiet and withdrawn, and beyond performing her duties as a medicine cat, showed minimal interest in the birth of a few new litters of kits and the naming of new apprentices.

The once-feared Clan, still clawing their way to recovering from the terrible sickness, now jumped at the faintest hint of aggression, marking their borders almost obsessively in an attempt to show that they were more than able to defend their land. Clashes with ThunderClan were frequent, and it was almost expected to see more than a few of the remaining warriors nursing injuries. Littlefern could barely keep up with the need for her herbs, and she had no idea how they were going to get through leaf-fall and leaf-bare if her stocks ran low.

RiverClan was facing troubles of its own as well. In a time of what should have been plenty, the relatively large group of water-loving felines were struggling to get by. Twolegs that had settled further upriver for the season were taking many of the fish the Clan depended on. Short of food, as they were more used to catching fish than stalking ground prey, their bids for Sunningrocks were becoming more and more desperate, seeking to add the ideal hunting and sunning spot to their territory so that they might have at least some chance to eat well before the harsher seasons struck. In addition to that, the Twolegs were poisoning the river with strange, inedible items that in turn made what the Clan managed to catch inedible. Their medicine cat was hard pressed to find enough herbs to treat the cats that fell ill with terrible bellyaches.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Previous

Return to Collaborative Fiction