Warriors RPG (V2)

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Warriors RPG (V2)

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Shadowsoul nodded with a smile as he approached, pacing to one side before stopping and sitting on his haunches. "You know, curiosity's always been a bit of a quirk of mine. I'm ashamed to say it does tend to pull at my focus; a little itch behind the ears that no grooming can quite reach. In this particular case, I couldn't help but wonder about our new...guest. Thought I'd ask. I hope you don't mind" he purred, an innocent smile curling its way onto his muzzle as he raised his brows almost expectantly, tail twitching attentively, as though he had just spotted a rather plump dormouse...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:41 am

"Okay then," Silverpaw chirped and ducked back into the herb store. The older medicine cat chuckled softly. "Her energy takes getting used to," she purred.

Shadowstar gave her forepaw a thoughtful lick and smoothed her whiskers as she meowed, "I'm afraid I know about as much as you do, at this point. We - Falconflight, Mapleleaf and I - picked up the smell of blood on the way back from our hunting patrol, and we found him almost halfway between Fourtrees and camp. Feisty little guy took some persuasion to let us bring him here to treat his wounds," she added with something almost like amused affection in her tone.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 am

Eli gave Mistpool a wide-eyed glance and nodded. "It's all so much to take in," he mumbled, frowning.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:10 pm

"I suppose it is." Mistpool settled herself more comfortably, looking thoughtful. "I guess it doesn't seem so overwhelming when it's the only life you've ever known."
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 am

"Hmm" purred the Tom, thinking over the revelation. "Can't say I blame him. I would not shrug off the possibility he may be a kittypet. As acquainted with our ways as we are with those of twolegs. Were I in his position, odds are I'd be similarly uncomfortable" growled the black bengal with a twitch of his tail, the appendage curling around his feet...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:46 am

"Perhaps so," Shadowstar meowed, tipping her head to one side. "Though if he is a kittypet, I have to wonder what he was doing so far into the forest. Most of them are too skittish to take more than a few pawsteps into the trees."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:23 am

"I've seen more than my fair share of aggressive twolegs in my time as a loner...perhaps not all kittypets live as comfortably as we think?" suggested the tom with a tilt of his head. "It would certainly explain how he came to be so badly hurt" he added, his tone trailing off in thought...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:38 am

Eli nodded again, though his understanding did little to calm his anxieties; in fact, he felt worse. He couldn't even remember his own way of life. Everything seemed new and potentially dangerous to him, and he didn't know why. The young cat did not have the basic comfort of having at least one lifestyle that made sense to him.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby C S » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:12 am

The two loners turned up once more around this time near Thunderclan camp, the white one a few shades darker and the gray one a few tones lighter. Silky strands dangled from their coats, thick clumps of webbing stored in their bushy pelts. The webs accentuated the two toms' grizzled appearance; they were holding their fur in feral disarray with bunches bristling every which way. With Tiberium's fur stained red, the two would have come off as rogues without question to most cats. In fact, it was more than likely that the cats of Thunderclan would think of them as just that. As the Bengal noted, it was unusual for them to appear this early in the year, and doubly so looking as they did.

They did not linger on such facts as they made their way through the greenery on the lip of the sandy ravine, though. Tiberium and Ferallion emerged on the other side of the ferns and brambles overlooking the trench below. They exchanged glances before moving over to the edge of the drop, Tiberium leading the descent down the steep rock face. When the bottom grew near, he jumped off and landed in a crouch in the sand. Ferallion landed beside him in a similar manner but the gray cat made it a point to stand tall immediately afterwards, looking around the area outside the gorse tunnel while his brother rested his weary legs for but a moment.

They were both tired after their trek to Mothermouth, the dispute thereafter and their errand after journeying across the forest, but their task was still yet complete. Tiberium lifted himself up with some amount of effort and made his haggard way into the clan's camp through the tunnel, Ferallion close behind.
Last edited by C S on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:15 am

Shadowstar hummed thoughtfully. "Maybe so. We won't know unless and until he tells us...poor little scrap," she mewed.

Mistpool stretched and sat up, her jaws parting in a yawn. "Let me know if there's anything else you want to know," she mewed. "I don't think there will be any more emergencies today."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:21 am

"I..." Eli trailed off, at a loss for words. There was so much he didn't know! He tried to make sense of what he saw or heard, but he knew there was so much more. Where could he begin? "I don't know," he mewed simply, frowning.

Firestreak's ears pricked as the two loners pushed their way through the gorse tunnel. "Hey, you can't just barge in here!" he growled as he bounded over, but felt the words die in his throat as he got a good look at them. "I...uh..." he stammered, looking puzzled. "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Firestreak stared intently at Ferallion, briefly acknowledging that Shortear and Cloudpelt were approaching behind him.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby C S » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:29 am

Tiberium did not answer the orange and white cat's question immediately. He sat down on his haunches with a calm air to his demeanor, though if one were to scrutinize his action they would surely notice the way he laid his tail down in front of Ferallion, as if to tell the gray cat to stay back. In fact, if one were to study Ferallion's expression it would not have taken long at all to see that he was not pleased with the warrior that came to greet them.

"From clan affiliation and occasional deals of business, surely," Tiberium replied dismissively in an attempt to avoid being delayed further, his voice bearing further signs of his exhaustion. Ferallion only stared down the clan cat. He did not appreciate his deeds overlooked for the second time that day - especially when it concerned Thunderclan at that.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:42 am

"I remember him from the battle to save WindClan," Firestreak meowed, his expression brightening. "Yeah, I remember you both now. But...it's not leaf-bare. Is something wrong?"

Behind him, Shortear muttered something to Cloudpelt, and the older warrior replied in kind. Shortear lost some of the fire in her eyes at his remark, but still looked uncomfortable with the loners' presence.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby C S » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 am

"One of your cats informed us about the situation your medicine cat has on her paws," Tiberium said with a nod, "we come bringing more cobwebs for her stores."

Ferallion eased at the cat's words now that the hostility had evaporated, sitting down and waiting patiently for the conversation to run its course. He wouldn't have stood for another encounter that resulted in him being accused of being a rogue, even if he did look the part. Tiberium apparently sensed his brother's change in mood and wrapped his tail around his paws.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:16 pm

"That would explain the..." Firestreak trailed off, giving their web-covered bodies a strange look. "Nevermind. Would you like me to take you to Mistpool's den?" he offered, just in case the loners had forgotten.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby C S » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:39 pm

"Very well," Tiberium replied. He stood up on his paws, as did his brother.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Firestreak nodded and, with a flick of his tail, turned and padded off to the medicine cat's abode.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Mistpool tilted her head, mewing gently, "I can tell you a little more about how the Clans work, if you like."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Eli's expression brightened a little bit, and nodded appreciatively. But before the young cat could speak, the ferns near the entrance to the den shifted; Firestreak and his entourage pushed their way inside a moment later.

"Mistpool," he meowed in greeting, dipping his head; to the stranger he gave a respectful nod, but said nothing.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby C S » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:11 am

The two loners stepped into the den and sat on either side of the orange and white cat. Tiberium bowed his head to Mistpool in greeting, but said nothing as he expected the warrior to speak on behalf of him and his brother, as he would speak for Ferallion in any other situation. The gray cat mimicked the gesture as per formality and made a conscious effort to keep himself still. He had questions to ask and they had to wait until other - arguably more pressing - matters were settled.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction