Temporal Rift RPG

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Temporal Rift RPG

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am

The Watcher's shields had protected it from major damage, and segments below the drone's body, looking like floating insectoid legs, helped drag the machine out of the small furrow it had made. However, it had obviously been damaged in the collision to some extent. As it rose back into the air, its flight path was wobbly, and the two discs that now hovered to either side of the Watcher were titled at angles, the anti-gravity components apparently malfunctioning. It stared at Felicity for another few moments, then turned and flew off in a zig-zag, towards a small rocky outcropping a few dozen meters away...
Last edited by dinoman666 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 am

"I am Damian," The burly man in the armored suit said to the military men. "I can't tell you who I work for, but I can tell you I'm an army man liek yourselves. Thanks for the save once again."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Jake approached the military men with a smile.

"Thanks for the save there. I didn't know if I'd arrive on time."

Gwangolord spotted the figures in the distance. His hunger at its peak, Gwangolord let out a mighty roar, sending a wave of flames erupting from his maw into the sky...
Discord is best non-pony.

Check out my group:
http://dragonsandchimeras.deviantart.com/
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby InfernalAngel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Andrew shook all of their hands, along with Jurgen.

"Alright, well I suppose your wondering what were doing here?" Started the sergeant as two hulking metal drones stepped out of the back of the APC, their eyes flashing blue light.

"Analyzing." Uttered the two in unison as they scanned everyone infront of them.

"Damnit, Hall!" Roared the seargeant, "Get those IBXs back in the vehicle!"

"They're for security.", Replied the Major through the drone.

Hutcherson turned back to the people. And looked each of them up and down. "One more question, who here has a weapon?"
"Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

"They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace."
InfernalAngel
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:51 pm

"Something built to withstand that kind of trauma and still function tends to be of military standard in my experience. Be on your guard. Even assuming it isn't armed, it may be a scout for a larger, armed force" warned Jacob as he reflexively drew his assault rifle, checking it even though he knew it was in pristine condition and ready for use...Old habits truly did die hard...and that was not necessarily a bad thing...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 pm

"Sending back specs and anything caught on imaging back to home base. I suppose we should deploy a few probes and see if we can find somewhere safer to start our studies. Somewhere relatively safer, that is" Kane said, pulling and twisting the steering column. The Felicity whirled around, engines tilting and realigning and started flying to the horizon. Along the tail end, a few disk shaped pods with spheres at their centers were released, whizzing through the air at high speeds in formation. Once at a altitude high above the land they would work as satellites, taking pictures of the landscape and forming a digital map to relay to the Felicity; in addition to recording atmospheric and other sensory data...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

A single Promethean Knight, gold stripes adorning its carapace and head, watched the probes and Felicity from the rocky outcropping, having stored its Watcher for repairs. It did not have the equipment to shoot the small, agile fliers out of the air, but they were no threat. The far larger prize was. With a mechanical, rattling snarl, the Knight vanished in blue light, which was absorbed into a small sphere of light behind it. The sphere vanished only a moment later...

A chorus of chittering echoed through the forest near the other group of human's position, announcing the arrival of more Crawlers to the area. The Prometheans were not done with their hunt just yet...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 pm

"Right. I wouldn't recommend going too far from the ship, even if we find a good landing zone" said Jacob calmly as he flexed his left hand, feeling the enhanced limb ripple with power most humans could only dream of. He was at the very forefront of human super-soldier technology. He had the mind of one, and the abilities of one. it seemed fitting that he found himself at the most distant frontier known to man...even if his actual use here was limited. Then again, there were the interests of his employers to consider...and so he would...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 pm

"Indeed. Considering how tightly packed this world's ecosystem is, we'd need to stay within the minimal perimeter of Felicity's repellant field or risk having some animal appear and damage it" Kane replied.

The vigils at their perch high in the sky deployed their photoreceptor cells; the plating on the outer edge of the disk slid inwards to reveal the blue panels which absorbed the ambient light of the alien sun. With their power source established, they began to stream data back to the departing aircraft. On one of the video feeds, large bumps formed from beneath the sandy surface. They looked almost like waves, rising, cresting then easing back into the ground as if something were burrowing just beneath the surface. The first instance occurred less than a kilometer away from Felicity but were increasing in frequency, several of these moving dunes popping up and racing across the land with some of the red dust being blown in the wind...

All the while, in the primordial forest there approached a beast unlike the sauropods the group admired or the metaphysical entity that stalked Jake. No, this creature was a part of this world as any other animal, but its habits were most unnatural. Instead of hunting prey of flesh, its appetite was of the machines that besieged the explorers.

It walked with its body parallel to the ground like a theropod, complete with a slender tail. Its underbelly was creamy in color and transitioned to a black back with dots of silver peppering its leathery hide, not scale but metal. The metal alloy gradually became more exposed towards its spine, where flesh was completely absent and was aligned like plate armor. It seemed as if the creature was a cyborg, but that was entirely not the case. It had merely developed the ability to absorb its robotic victims into itself, augmenting its being as a result.

Its head was flat and triangularly shaped with the broad end being at the front, thinning out towards the neck. Like a hammerhead shark, this large surface area was sensitive to electromagnetic activity, particularly that caused by its prey items. Its jaws were muscular with its cheeks positively bulging, appearing to be leathery sacks of sorts. It lacked arms but its saurian-like feet sported long claws also reinforced by the alloy...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 pm

"I was thinking more about avoiding getting ourselves torn to bits by the native fauna. Though I suppose we all have our priorities" said Jacob with a raised brow as he eyed his companion, patiently watching and waiting for the moment when his skills may be of use. Assuming all went well, he wouldn't even have to pull the trigger. Yeah. Right. How many times have you heard THAT one? thought the man inwardly, partially amused and partially annoyed. Jobs he was hired for had a knack for going to hell. But then, that was the whole point of him being there. Crisis control...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:27 pm

"As unfortunate as dying here would be, having Felicity be out of working order would be arguably worse. If we had to we could quantum synch and warp out of here. If Felicity was crippled somehow though, we'd be stranded until I managed to repair it. Not to under estimate your ability to offer protection during that time...but we really know nothing about just how dangerous this place is. Well, we know its dangerous just now how dangerous it is..." Kane responded his expressions following his words from a leveled gaze to one of slight confusion as he tried to voice his reasoning. "But that's all beside the point. According to the scanners we're coming up on a potential landing zone that we could set up our base camp" he said, gesturing to the readouts. Several small plateaus jutting out of the reddened sand just a few hundreds meters off; standing about 50 feet each held promise of an easily defensible position to set Felicity down...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:59 am

"weapons? Rebin has one on him." Yukari said, referring to the gun that Rebin had... What she didn't say was that he had another gun in his backpack... the one he had packed with him. No doubt he had forgotten about it already, and if Damian knew he had handed out a weapon to someone who already had a weapon... well, Yukari didn't want to think about that too much. She didn't know the temperments of her teammates, and didn't want to test the waters that much...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:43 am

"I have weapons too," Damian stated. "I have myself a grnade launcher and a sledgehammer. I gave those two my sidearm for protection."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Both Rebin and Yukari looked at each other, then at Damian, before the two of them headed off. They had to be careful... those machines were still around somewhere, and they had no clue where the probes were... hopefully, there was a tracker in the APC that they could use to locate the probes...

"You coming with us, Damian?" Yukari shouted back to him... The more, the merrier...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

"Of course," Damian said, checking to see how many roudns he had remaining for his grenade launcher. He still had a good amount left, but once he ran out... well, Damian didn't want to think about that. Damian soon got his Grenade Launcher ready and followed the other two.

"We should get heading back to the APC," Damian said. "Perhaps rest there for the night."

The group was unaware, however, of the black shape hiding in the shadows, watching them from the distance...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:50 pm

"Hm...High off the ground...convenient. Admittedly not ideal for research purposes, but no doubt a good defensive position" said Jacob as he watched the readings and displays...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 pm

"Yeah, heading back there sounds like a good idea." Rebin agreed, before he began to look around for where the APC was... wherever they had left it... WHich direction was it again? He didn't want to go back through the cave, or else deal with those robots and pig again... they would need to find another way to get back to the vehicle for safety.

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:01 pm

"I have a feeling this will not impede on our objective. Not one bit" Kane said with a smirk, not quite smug but betraying an eagerness in mannerisms. The orange vessel slowed until it was hovering over the plateau and gently eased itself onto the rocky surface, its three landing gear deploying just a few feet before touch down. The three engines blew a dusting of red sand off from the brown stone, revealing other colors as well from mineral deposits. Spectral scans would be used to analyze the composition of the landmark.

Kane flipped a red switch on the dashboard and pressed a button on his armrest, undoing his straps. Elsewhere in the Felicity, there was the sound of machinery booting up and getting to work...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Skittering movement in the trees marked the arrival of more Crawlers, still a short distance away, but rapidly moving towards Damian and the other humans. The Watcher had apparently returned with reinforcements...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Damian readied his Grenade launcher, and turned to the others.

"Let's get going. Now!" Damian shouted. "Find some cover!"

Damian began to run, hoping to find somewhere with low visibility, in order to hide from the damned machines. Damin cursed to himself. Why were these things chasing them anyways?.....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction