Temporal Rift RPG

RPGs of varying sizes and genres. Enjoy!

Re: Temporal Rift RPG

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:12 am

"What a strange place", Damian said to himself as he wandered through the marshlands, compsognathuses scampering about in the low-lying brush near the murky waters. The big burly man, clad in his Breaker suit, soon spotted a small cavern off in the distance.

"Wanna go investigate it, guys?" Damian asked Yukari and Rebin....

A strange shape watched Jake from a distance, red eyes staring, unflinchingly at the man...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:19 am

Both Rebin and Yukari looked at Damian. "Sure. Maybge the probe's are in there." Rebin thought out loud as Yukari nodded in agreement. With the three of them in a group, they should be safe from any solitary beasts lurking in the cave...

Or so they thought...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:32 am

Jake looked around in amazement, hearing the distant cries of Pterosaurs and the casual footsteps of sauropods. He was grateful there weren't any large therapods yet, but who knew what was around here. He pulled out his handgun just in case, and continued on his trek, occasionally spotting a dinosaur in the distance.

He was ravenous with hunger. He had been asleep within his volcanic home for months, and though he could survive solely off the lava within, his taste for flesh was becoming overwhelming. He would have to leave his home, but not now. Later. He would worry about feeding later.

He let out a small growl before resting once more.
Discord is best non-pony.

Check out my group:
http://dragonsandchimeras.deviantart.com/
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:52 am

Damian nodded, and pulled out his m1911 side arm pistol, before handing it to Rebin.

"Keep this," Damian said. "Since you two have no weapons, I'm relying on you two to protect yourselves. I can hold my own, and I'll do my best to keep you safe if somethnig goes wrong. But if I die.... well, just keep it, okay?"

Damian took his Grenade launcher, and soon prepared to enter the cavern...

the black figure slithered in the shadows near Jake, tentacled hands rippling violently as the creature's gaze continued to stare at his foe...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 am

Jake suddenly paused. He didn't know why, but he felt something was wrong. He felt another being's presence, and it wasn't good.

Quickly, he wielded his handgun and spun around searching for the presence, while hoping it was just a small therapod or such...

Check out my group:
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:00 am

When jake turned aroudn to investigate the source of his strange sensation, he found nothing. Only a few small bushes and a lone tree stood behidn where he had already passed. A lone compy scampered away...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:03 am

Jake slowly looked around cautiously. He hoped it was just a Compy. He had no idea what was out here, and he didn't want to meet up with the big baddies so soon.

Turning, Jake spotted a cavern in the distance. Curious, he started towards it.

Check out my group:
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:08 am

Rebin accepted the firearm, and both he and Yukari followed him. Whatever was in the cave... they had to be prepared for... if it was the probes, then this mission could get over quickly... If not...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:13 am

As the trio pressed in deeper into the cavern, it became apparent that they woudl needa source of light. Qutie literally, they could not see anything in the massive cave. Damian soon activated the lights that rested on his shoulderplates, lighting up the caverv the group had wandered into. The skittering of dozens of feet was audible in the cave, as was the dripping of water from the ceiling. Nothing else made a noise.

"Hello?" Damian called out. "Anyone else in here?"

The shadowy form let out a low hiss, as it slinked behind Jake, following him silently towards the cavern. It was as if it had no feet, for each step it took made no sound...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:18 am

Jake was on high alert as he reached the opening of the cave. Taking a peek in, he didn't see any sign of any large beast dwelling within, but he couldn't be careless. Slowly stepping inside, Jake moved carefully and quietly into the cavern, his handgun pointing forward as he looked around slowly.

His hunger was beginning to rise to dangerous levels, and it wouldn't be too long before he would have to feed on flesh. He moved through the lava like a crocodile in water, climbing up the side of the volcano and towards the opening, where outside creatures made of flesh existed, and where he could hunt.

Check out my group:
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 am

At that, there was the sound of something clamboring up onto it's feet... or hooves, judging from the sound. A low, pitched snarl emminated from deeper in, beyond the light.

"What... what was that?" Yukari asked, both surprised and uneasy...

"Whatever it was, I think we choose the wrong cave." Rebin said, tryng to lighten the mood, even as the sound of hooves on the rocky ground came closer...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:44 am

Damian soon pointed his light towards the sound of the hooves, soon leveling his grenade launcher at the source of the noise. If the soudn came any closer, he'd blow the ******* to meaty chunks....

the strange being soon slithered into the darkness of the cavern, his red eyes making him somewhat easy to spot. Crom clsoed his eyes, using his attachment to darkness to move about, as he continued stalking Jake. Just a little bit farther into the dark, and the man would be his for the taking...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:47 am

As Jake walked through the caverns, he spotted figures in the distance. The others! Of course! With them, he had a better chance of making it out alive. His caution being replaced with joy, he moved quickly towards the group.

He emerged fully from the opening, snarling as he flared his wings. Eagerly he sniffed the air, not for oxygen for he did not need it, but for the scent of any kind of prey.

Roaring out loud, Gwangolord charged forward, not for any pursuit, but because his mind knew nothing but rage...

Check out my group:
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 am

Stepping into the light was a giant pig-like creature, as tall as Damian, with long fangs, and scarred skin. The hooves on it's feet clattered against the ground as the beast howled at the intruders, its jaws wide apart as it prepared for a mock-charge...

"Holy... That's one ugly pig. Don't wanna eat the bacon from that thing." Rebin said as he aimed the handgun at it, preparing to fire if it did charge...

Yukari took a step back as well... but as she did so, she saw Jake coming toward them out of the corner of her eye. Wait, how did he-? It was impossible for him to show up in the same cave as they were in... then again, this wasn't their dimension, so perhaps some force in the cave had warped him here... something outside of the natural laws of physics she knew of...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:01 am

Jake heard the howl, and saw the shape of the beast. Quickly going into a run, Jake headed straight towards the group, ready to assist them...

Gwangolord flew above the forest, letting lava fall from his maw and engulf several trees, burning them up as he landed, howling and raging, thirsting for not just a great meal, but a great challenge.

Check out my group:
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:07 am

Damian did not hesitate. The moment the massive boar stepped into the light and opened its gaping maw, Damian backed off and quickly fired a grenade right towards the monster's face....

The shadowy monster soon sees the lights up ahead, sensing the beings and their equipment. They carried weapons.... he coudl take one at a time, but 3 armed people coudl pose a threat. Adn that light... that light could do permenant damage if shined directly on him! So Crom decided to continue following Jake, but avoided attacking...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:16 am

The Entelodont did something that, for a beast of it's build, seemed impossible... it leapt to the side, away from the grenade which exploded to the side of it. Landing on it's hooves, The beast snarled at them,it's side burnt from the grenade blast... until it swerved it's head in Jake's direction. It could sense Crom coming... and it didn't like it. howling, the pig withdrew back into the shadows, away from the humans... and the monstrosity that stalked them...

"I guess he didn't want to become pork chops." Rebin commented as he lowered his weapon. As he did, he also noticed Jake rushing toward them. "Hey, weren't you in our vehicle? Nice to see you caught up to us."
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 am

Jake arrived just as the pig ran off into the darkness, before facing the group.

"I was, until I decided to check the area out. Guess that led me to you guys."

Jake looked back to where the pig had disappeared.

"So what exactly was that thing?"

Check out my group:
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby dinoman666 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 am

The act of aggression was the final straw. The sounds of skittering and scratching emanated from the trees above and behind the group that had scared off the Entelodont, and a number of quadrupedal machines, lights creating rather elaborate trails of orange as they moved with an almost organic grace and speed, crawled across the trunks and branches and towards the ground. One of them, with a number of glowing orange spikes adorning its metal back, stared at the humans, and reared up, letting out a whistling shriek, high-pitched, but not uncomfortably so, the mandibles that made up its head appearing to float by themselves as it did so...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:26 am

"No tiem for that!" Damian said, turning towards the machine. "RUN!"

Damian fired a grenade towards the machine, before he began to run deeper into the caves...

Crom hissed angrily. These machines have cost him an opportunity to kill! Slinking about in the darkness, the eldritch creature soon pursues the machine in vengeance...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Fiction