Space E-war Reloaded

Combat oriented RPGs. Less story, more action.

Re: Space E-war Reloaded

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Arrak nodded in understanding. "Try Marsh. He's got plenty of good stuff, and he's the most agreeable Batarian I've ever met..."
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Khuurava nodded as he continued down a flight of stairs, making his way to the market district, quickly homing in on Marsh's kiosk. "Hey Marsh, got any Khurakriidi equipment in stock?" hissed the Khurakra as he approached...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Marsh, who had been crouching behind the counter, quickly stood up, surprised. "Eh, what? Oh, a Khurakra. Yeah, I got some stuff for you guys. Question is, what exactly do you need? You look pretty well-armed already," he remarked, looking over Khuurava's armament cautiously...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:11 pm

"Grenade launcher attachment for a Mk III H4X Plasma Assault Rifle. they have the annoying habit of being damaged when shot at, funnily enough" joked Khuurava as he drew his assault rifle, ejecting the ammunition clip and heat sink to make sure Marsh didn't get nervous about it, flipping the weapon in one hand so the trigger end was pointed at the Batarian...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Marsh took the rifle, examining it carefully, his four eyes scrutinizing the weapon in excruciating detail. "Mk III, huh? I think I got a couple of the newer models of launcher for this one. Just a sec..." Marsh put the gun down on the counter, pulling out a datapad to check his stock...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:19 am

Khuurava leaned against one of the large containers to one side of the stall, crossing his arms as he eyed the Batarian patiently, eager to hear what he had available. getting a thought, he added "Oh, since you're looking it up, check if you have a scope in stock for it"...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:26 am

"Yeah," was Marsh's only response, busy examining the datapad. A few moments later, he put it away. "Welp, I've got a launcher here. A bit beat up, but you should be able to fix any glitches it might have. I don't think I've got a scope, though. You're the first Khurakra I've seen around here in a long time, so I don't sell that much stuff for 'em. You always find the weirdest guys, Arrak." The Turian shrugged. "It's a gift." Marsh chuckled. "Anyway, you can always try the black market if you really need that scope. If you're willing to risk it..."
Last edited by dinoman666 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 am

"I'll look into dealings in the black market. How much will the launcher cost?" responded Khurakra casually. It wouldn't be the first time he made deals with black market traders. Omega or otherwise...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:51 am

"How's 2,500 credits sound?" Marsh replied, looking over his counters of paraphernalia in the back of his kiosk...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:46 am

Khuurava's eyes narrowed at the price. It was too high. Still, he'd be reasonable. "1,500" he said casually...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:35 am

"Pal, this stuf ain't easy to come by around here legitimately," Marsh said, though he didn't look away from his search. "I gotta make a profit, or I'll lose my shirt. How about 2,000?"
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:55 am

The phantoms continued their trek deeper into the abandoned facility, before the motion tracker went haywire once more. The beeping noise was nightmarishly audible, but the elite reconaissance soldiers ignored it at first, assuming it was only Prometheus, though they still kept their guard. But the beeping continued, and the motino tracker was becoming more and more obnoxious, hinting at something extremely closeby. So the Phantom with the device inspected his motion tracker. And then he saw that the blip was basically on top of them.

"Guys..." The sheekh said.

"What is it?" Agrippa snarled.

"I think we're being followed..."

"You sure?" Agrippa replied.

"Aye," The Phantom warrior shouted.

"Alright, then let's keep a-"

Suddenly, A loud scream was heard from the rear of their group, leading the group to turn around, before they sighted a horrific monster stomping towards them on its hind legs. The beast stood at least 15 feet tall and in a slightly hunched stance. Though the lighting flickered lightly The creature's massive presence was still visible, and was helped quite a bit due to the Sheekh's night vision. The monster soon met a wall of plasma fire, and was gunned down in short order. The creature let out a cry of pain as its form collapsed on the ground in a smoldering heap. Agrippa chuckled.

"Hehehe... that's it?! I was expecting more from-"

Suddenly, the creature got back up, form still smoldering, before it launched its tentacle like a chain, grappling the nearest Phanto mbefore pulling the hapless warrior towards himself. Before the Phantom could scream, the monster's jaws snap themselves around his head. The other sheekhs soon opened fire on the monster, but it was too late; the gargantuan beast soon ripped the Sheekh's head off, swallowing it whole, before he tore the hapless warrior in half, sending his entrails spilling onto the ground and blood splashing onto the monster's hands, torso, and the walls. Before long, the monster lept upwards, smashing his way through the ceiling with a roar, and he disappeared into the dark. Gold 1 soon spoke.

"W-was that-"

"Yes," Agrippa said. "It can be only one being. It HAS to be....

Prometheus."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 am

Khuurava thought over it for a few moments, his mandibles clicking a few times as he mulled over the price, before finally responding. "If it were brand new and in perfect condition, I'd consider it. As is, I'm less inclined to pay that price, gonna have to examine it, look it over, hell, who knows, might even be forced to buy extra parts to deal with minor repairs. 1,750 and you have a deal, and a returning customer. I believe that's more than fair" he said calmly, his feral yellow, slitted reptilian eyes studying the Batarian's expressions carefully...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:02 am

Marsh pulled out a box full of junk and turned back to Khuurava, busily rummaging through it. "I suppose so..." he muttered, before pulling out the launcher attachment and handing it to the merc. "Take a look first. See if you like it."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Khuurava gave the launcher a scrutinising look as he checked its functions, activating his tool as he scanned it for internal defects, only coming up with a couple of minor glitches, which he could fix himself on his ship en route. looking up at the Batarian, he nodded. "It'll do. transferring the credits to your omni-tool" hissed the Khurakra as he tapped a few commands into the electric blue tool, a line of 1850 credits being sent to Marsh, 100 credits extra just to ensure him there was no bad blood between them and that he would return. taking his rifle, he reinstalled the clip and heat sink, before setting it on his back. "Got anything to box it up with? I'll need to do a few repairs before I install it on my rifle"...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:31 pm

"Yeah," Marsh replied. The Batarian dumped the rest of the equipment in the small crate into a another one on a shelf and handed it to Khuurava, now empty. "On the house."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:58 pm

"Excellent" hissed Khuurava, smiling as he took the box, putting the attachment in and closing it. "I'll be sure to stop by if I find I need anything else next time I'm here" he said finally, before turning away, heading to one of his contacts in the black market to see about the scope. A fellow Khurakra named Sharakh. He was a known Blue Suns associate on the surface, but few knew he was also their black market supplier. "Ever dealt with the Omega Underground, Arrak?"..

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:01 pm

"I try to avoid it, actually," Arrak said. "Dangerous enough up here in the markets..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 pm

"Depends on who you go to. I try to stick to personal acquaintences. Ones I have history with. Easier to predict how they work. The guy we're going to is a Khurakra friend of mine. Was by my side almost throughout my time in the Khurakriidi special forces. One of the few living creatures, my species or otherwise, that I've ever truly been able to trust with my life reliably. We may as well be brothers" hissed Khuurava as he headed onwards deeper into Omega, soon reaching a lift down to the freight storage area of the station; the destination of all off loaded cargo at the Docking bays...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 pm

"Well, I suppose having friends in the more unsavory areas of the galaxy can come in handy, huh?" Arrak replied, stepping into the lift...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to E-wars