Space E-war Reloaded

Combat oriented RPGs. Less story, more action.

Re: Space E-war Reloaded

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 am

As Khuurava approached the location Grievous was watching from, the proximity warning in his ear went off, beeping gradually more frequently as they neared them, Khuurava raising a hand to warn Arrak to slow down...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 am

Arrak slowed to stop, looking around cautiously. They were almost at Docking Bay 36, and it seemed almost eerily empty, like everyone had cleared out early. That didn't bode well...

A single ship moved towards Omega's Docking Bay 36, sleek, gray, with insectoid curvature. It didn't look like anything from Citadel space or the Terminus Systems, and it definitely wasn't a freighter. The docking control of the Kima District immediately expressed their concerns and demanded to know who this was. They gt a very terse response: Spectre business. The docking controllers knew better than to interfere with a Council Spectre, and whoever was onboard immediately provided the right ID to prove he wasn't lying, so they quickly let him pass. The alien-looking ship moved towards the docking bay, ready to deliver its cargo...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 am

Ecliptor was almost finished with yet another trek through the barren halls of Home. The silence of the station seemed to be of space itself. However, the occasional click, whir and hum of machines and the Seeker's footsteps made it clear that the station's hull had not been breached and all of its air lost to the vacuum, not that such a thing would affect the robotic race. Finally, after turning a corner of the drab metal corridor, Ecliptor stood at the entrance to the ship bay, rifle on his back. His first excursion into space was at hand.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:50 pm

A small cluster of pods shot down from the Sheekhatan Juggernaut, the pods zooming odwn from the heavens before slamming violently into the earth below. The pods soon opened, reaveling the most elite of the elite reconaissance troops: The Phantoms. Emerging forth came the lead Phantom, Agrippa, a First Class Phantom and the first and most experienced of his brethren. The master raised his weapon, surveying the environment.

"Gold 1, any sign of movement?" Agrippa radioed out to his fellow Phantoms.

"Negative, Alpha," 'Gold 1' replied. "No sign of movement. Not even signs of life. This place is almost like a wasteland."

"Affirmative. Over and out." Agrippa cut the communications. This place seemed.... wrong. The air had an odd, bluish hew and a smoky consistency. There was no movement, not even from small lifeforms within their vicinity. From the distance sat a menacing lab. 'Gold 1' and the others had spread out. While this place was seemingly empty, it might be good for them to investigate the laboratory for, at the very least, supplies. Agrippa called out to the others.

"Rendezvous with me at the laboratory."

"Affirmative," the others replied. Soon, the Phantoms began closing in on the ominous structures...
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 pm

As Khuurava closed in on Grievous' location, one side of the path's walls gave way to a railing overlooking the Docking bay, giving the Khurakra a view of the ship drifting in, his brow curving curiously at the design. He could see Blood Pack merc uniforms moving back and forth on the lower platforms to either side of the ship. "Well well....what have we here?" hissed the Khurakra with a click of his mandibles...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:44 pm

The docking bay, once of many on the station, was absolutely massive, one of the largest room types on the station. Ships of various sizes and states of repair were scattered about the rough metal floor. On one side, the dark vastness of space was visible from behind a thin wall of white energy, which the ships could pass in and out of. The ships themselves were patchwork at best; almost all of them were stolen or salvaged from one incursion or another. Seekers in decent numbers moved in and out of the docking bay, some ready to depart, others only just arriving. Most Seekers remained in space most of their immortal lives, but many return to Home in need of resupply, repair, or new crew members. Other stations, much, much smaller than Home, were scattered throughout the galaxy, offering repair and other services to those that need them. Only those nearest to Home bothered to travel all the way back to their "birthplace", unless they had a specific purpose for being there.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 am

Ecliptor eyed the expansive room, panning his green eye across the metal deck. Against the backdrop of stars, twinkling as small specks in the blackness he saw the groups of Seekers go about their tasks, from repairing the sizable collection of crafts stored in the hangar to guiding active ships in, the vessels phasing through the force field and touching down inside. The blue and gray Seeker made an electronic hum as he walked towards a craft being prepped for its outing, ready to enlist in its crew.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am

Arrak peeked over the edge of the railing, using the scope of his pistol to get a better view. "Well, there's Garrsk," he whispered. "But what's that ship? Some sort of Frigate-class, if we're using the Citadel classification. But it isn't like any design I've ever seen..."

As the ship settled down, Garrsk and his fellow Trandos approached a porthole-shaped door in the side of the alien craft. Soon enough, this door silently slid open, revealing a tall, grizzled-looking but regal Turian, clad in a black cloak that fit him perfectly. Most of his body was covered by the robe, except for his right arm, in which he held a black cane or walking stick. Even so, he certainly didn't look like he needed it. And Arrak recognized him immediately.

"Spirits, is that Saren Arterius?" he hissed quietly, mostly to himself...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:02 am

"Who?" asked Khuurava quietly, catching the name but not recognising it, watching through the visor which had zoomed in on the events below...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 am

The many Phantoms closed in on the Laboratory, the group, consisting of 7 Sheekhs, soon meeting up at the front door. The structure was hevily dilapidated, and seemed to have served as living quarters as well, for there were many apartment looking complexes within the general viscinity (though it was hard to identify everything due to the heavy fog). Agrippa glanced about his group, before he gave the signal for them to go in. Immediately, they entered, kicking open the supposedly ruined door...

The Phantoms activated their rifles' flashlights, each one scanning the room for any sign of life. It appeared that the structure had been a abandoned for a long time... and when it WAS abandoned, they were in a hurry to get out. Papers littered the floor, and computer monitors flickered violently, as if barely sputtering hold of their lives. Whatever had happened, it was most definitely not good. This was not only evidenced in the apparent rush that had occured, but by the fact that blood from some alien species stained the floor, and left the room in a long trail. It was old and getting crusty, but the trail was still quite visible despite this.

"The hell happened here?" Another Phantom asked.

"I don't know," Agrippa replied. "Let me check out one of these comps..."

A large needle like device suddenly projects itself from Agrippa's wrist, before he sits himself down at one of the comps and inserts it into one of the drives. Using this as a source of power in the meantime, Agrippa gets to work searching for possible information on what happened here. This was much easier than it seemed, considering there were literally hundreds of documents to choose from stored on the machine. Agrippa decided to choose one at random while his fellow Phantoms kept watch, hunting for signs of life or movement.

And this is the document he found:

UV-Omega: Day 20

The experiment has gone as planned.. perhaps a little too well. The test subject has been injected with the new genes upon inception. He seems to be changing, but no physical side effects have made themselves known as of now. We'll keep a sharp vigil on the test subject in case something goes wrong. We don't want us to have a similar situation like what happened on NU-57...

Curious, Agrippa reads another document, one that is a little farther down the list:

UV-Omega: Day 43

We've managed to hold the test subject in the basement. He has already killed one of our scientists in a blood frenzy, and nearly killed another one of us in an attempt to break free from his holding chamber. We've dubbed the test subject as part of "Project: Prometheus" and we've managed to get funding from Cerebulon himself. Hopefully, all goes as planned, and we'll be able to make more of these thnigs to use as weapons... possibly. I myself think this thing is too dangerous to be used, even in warfare. But if cerebulon wills it, it shall be done.

Agrippa began to get curious, and decided to read one more document- the last one on the list:

UV-Omega: Day 50

Prometheus has escaped. I'm trapped in the Main lobby by myself.... everyone else has been claimed by Him..... The lights are flickering, and I could here his footsteps approaching. The door's been barred, and I clutch my plasma blaster tightly, knowing that my time is coming to a close.

Ah crap... he's at the door.... he's coming. Farewell. If anyone fidns this, please... don't let him escape!

Suddenly, a motion ping was audible on the radar of the Spectres.

"Somethin's nearby..." Gold 1 grumbles.

"Hey Agrippa- find out anything?" A Phantom inquired.

Agrippa got out of his seat gesturing for every one to lower their weapons and to turn off their lights. The Sheekhs glanced about, fearful about this, but did as they were told. They all got in close.

"Something wrong?" one whispered.

"We need to be careful," Agrippa said. "There's... something... in here."

"Something?" Another asked.

"Some monster," Agrippa replied in whisper. "Whatever it is, it is apparently very dangerous...."

"Then why are we still here?" Gold 1 inquired.

"We NEED to find supplies.... and we need to see what we're up against. The documents mentioned someone named 'Cerebulon'.... he seems like a deadly threat."

The Phantoms nodded, and began to move into the facility...
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:41 am

Arrak glanced over at Khuurava. "Only the most decorated Turian Spectre in history," he said, slightly surprised. "Not really the nicest guy, but he gets the job done. But what's he doing--"

Arrak paused as something else exited the ship alongside Saren. It was some sort of red-armored, towering synthetic, at least 12 feet tall, carrying a fearsome looking cannonlike weapon. It was bipedal and humanoid, but its head was little more than a curved cowling shielding a triangular formation of three red eyes, like those of an insect. Clearly, the Blood Pack soldiers hadn't been expecting that, because they shifted uncomfortably...

"...no way. That's... Khuurava, are you seeing what I'm seeing? I didn't accidentally snort some Red Sand and start hallucinating GETH, right?"
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:47 am

"Either that Batarian bartender slipped something in our drinks....or that IS a Geth" said Khuurava uncomfortably, eyes narrowed on the mechanical construct warily...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:01 am

It seemed Garrsk echoed the two mercs' sentiments. "What the hell are you tryin' to pull, Saren?!" the Battlemaster snarled angrily. "How'd you get a Geth anyway?!" Saren was unfazed. "I have my methods. Why is it of any concern to you? You're just here to get paid." With that, he gently handed Garrsk a small cluster of credits, his cane disappearing into his cloak so he could distribute the money with his right hand. Arrak couldn't get a glimpse of his left hand, however. "Keep up the good work, Garrsk." The merc narrowed his eyes. "Why do you want them TGDA fellows distracted anyway?" he hissed. "Because if they interfere with my plans, it will be a great... inconvenience. I guarantee you will be compensated for any losses you might gain during a raid." He waved his hand, and the towering Geth stepped forward, silent as ever. "Geth make great shock troops, and I can give you far more than just a single Prime if necessary."

One of Garrsk's men stepped forward, brandishing his Gralssk threateningly. "You think we're stupid enough to trust that d*mn synthetic?! We oughta gut yo--" In a lightning-quick motion, Saren drew his cane from his cloak again and thrust it into the irritated Trando's armored chest. The blow did nothing to the merc, but the biotic Throw channeled through it did. He flew through the air, though his fall was cushioned by a pair of unfortunate Vorcha. Garrsk and the other guard looks towards their stunned comrade, then back to Saren, who turned away. "I will be back next week. The usual time..."

Saren reentered his ship, which promptly took off, leaving the bewildered, and slightly nervous, Blood Pack mercs with the Geth Prime. "Well, this is certainly getting interesting..." Arrak muttered.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 am

"TGDA...Now I know where I knew Grievous from. Explains why he's here. Whatever Saren's up to, he must be paying quite a bit to keep Grievous and his associates preoccupied" hissed Khuurava quietly, his visor having a built in sound focusing and amplifying system, hooked up to one of his ears, allowing to catch the conversation perfectly...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:17 am

"Never heard of 'em," Arrak whispered...

Grievous snarled deeply as he watched the conversation unfold. So, it was more than just some belligerent Trandoshans. They were being hired to do this in order to not interfere with some Council Spectre's plan. Whatever that plan was, anyway. It didn't matter. He still had a a Battlemaster to kill. Sending a silent order to one of his Commandos, he moved closer to the edge of the balcony, two sabers in hand, but deactivated, while the Commando in question placed a long-barreled sniper rifle against the balcony's railing, lining up a shot...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:49 am

The Phantoms soon followed the trail of blood. The long trail went all the way down the darkened hallway, so the Sheekh elites had to activate their night vision to see in the dark. Agrippa took point down the hallway, nothing but the ping of the motion tracker keeping them company. Somethnig was in the facility, and it was following them. Agrippa looked about, but he couldn't see anything, nor did he hear anything. But the motion tracker was still going, even as they entered the doorway at the end of the hall. And Agrippa was sure it wasn't them it was picking up....

The sight before the Phantoms upon entering the room beyond the ominous door was certainly one straight from any being's worst nightmare. The grisly, half decayed remains of multiple dead aliens- presumably the poor scientists- were scattered across the room, blood still crusted onto their peices even after all this time. Crusted blood still stained the room, painting a gruesome and vivid picture in every Phantom's mind about what went on here.

A large, delapidated console sat in the center of the room, with an empty glass chamber sitting perpendicular to the structure. The motion tracker was still making noise, but so far, nothing had been seen. Despite his gut telling him otherwise, Agrippa went over to the console to see if there was any other information he can make use of from this old machine...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:47 pm

"Grievous is a big shot with the TGDA, if I remember correctly" explained Khuurava as he watched carefully, gradually making his way towards Grievous once more...He could smell a job coming...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:45 pm

"I gathered," Arrak whispered. "But what the hell's the TGDA?" As they crept closer, it was obvious that Grievous was biding his time. The Blood Pack mercs were busy getting their stunned comrade to his feet, and Grievous seemed complacent to let them stew for a bit...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 pm

"Never been to Trandosha? or Geonosis? B1 Battle Droids, Droidekas? any of that ring a bell?" asked Khuurava as he moved towards the spot, noting the unchanging positionof Grievous. He was either hiding....or waiting. Question was...who or what was he waiting for? the mercs?...perhaps Arrak and himself?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:30 pm

"No, can't say I have," Arrak said. "Heard of Droidekas, though. Nasty mechs..."

Grievous could indeed hear the approaching mercs, but was biding his time. If they were enemies, he would take them by surprise with a sudden assault and finish them off quickly. If not... well, things could get interesting...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to E-wars