Space E-war Reloaded

Combat oriented RPGs. Less story, more action.

Re: Space E-war Reloaded

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:53 am

"I am Darth Revan" Revan stated in response." I believe this is the first time we are speaking directly despite our forces having met before"

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 am

"Then my assumption was correct," Jul mused. "You are here to track down a Jedi, no doubt at the behest of your Master. I only have two questions for you, Sith: is this fugitive Jedi a human, and what will you do with him, I wonder, when you acquire him?"
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:10 pm

"Does it matter if the Jedi is human? Surely you are aware that Jedi can be all sorts of alien species. Regardless if I can take the Jedi prisoner I shall, if not.. I'll kill him" Revan replied in a typical honest yet merciless way

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

"I assure you, Sith, I know much about the Jedi," Jul remarked. "I have killed one or two myself when my kind were at war with the Republic. However, for your own sake, I suggest you tell me what I wish to know: is the Jedi human?"
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Revan smirked slightly, he wasn't surprised on what he just heard. Revan had fought these Elites and they were without a doubt powerful foes. Their shields gave them an advantage in firefights and to those who wielded their Energy Swords were formidable foes in close combat. Revan even took notice how their Spec Ops units were very much similar to the Empire's ARC and Commando Units. "Considering it matters so much, yes.. the Jedi is a human" Revan responded. Piett shook his head, he didn't like Revan talking about Imperial business with former enemies but as usual he kept his mouth shut. One thing was certain for the Imperials, they felt without the Elites, the war with the Covenant would have resulted in a much more dramatic victory for the Republic.

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 pm

"Then count yourself fortunate, Revan," Jul 'Mdama growled. "You may leave and continue your hunt unharmed, so long as it takes you out of this system. We have important business here..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:09 pm

"I appreciate it however.. I think it's only fair that I'm allowed to know why you and your forces are here as well. I told you my business, it's only right you do the same" Revan questioned. Maybe he was pushing his luck but Revan had his own assumptions, his own private thoughts that he wanted to confirm..

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:16 pm

"I suppose that is fair," Jul mused. "Very well, Sith. We are here to search for holy artifacts. We have reason to believe there is one somewhere in this system."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

To-be-merged

Postby Anaclagon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:35 am

"Of course.. you and your holy artifacts.. " Revan paused for a moment thinking. Knowing Sidious, Revan wouldn't be surprised if he had artifacts valuable to the Covenant. The Sith Master usually traveling with only his red clothed guards, traveling throughout the Empire leaving Revan with most of the duties of actually running the Empire. "Very well Jul 'Mdama. I have no further questions, I shall take my leave and leave you and your men to your... searching" Revan added on. The Dark Lord then glanced off towards a group of men on a console.. the Emperor himself was demanding contact with Revan as soon as possible..

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 am

"I suggest you make haste. Next time we meet, I may not be so lenient," Jul said, before the transmission cut off. Regardless, the Covenant ships did not move, keeping a careful eye on the Imperial fleet until they were gone...

Jul 'Mdama's hologram faced the Assault Carrier's Ship Master, who knelt before him. "Lord 'Mdama, why do we let them flee?" "Because, Ship Master," Jul began, "They are doing our job for us. We will have another chance to destroy them, I assure you." The Sangheili looked up. "Why could we have not destroyed them then? We had an advantage!" Jul shook his head. "A small advantage. Not enough to guarantee success, and even if we were victorious, we would have lost several ships in the process. I refuse to make such sacrifices unless we have no choice." The Ship Master dipped his head again. "I understand, Lord 'Mdama. Will you be joining us on the venture to the human colony?"

Jul 'Mdama had only told the Empire part of the truth. They were searching for artifacts, yes, but they had tracked one to a small human colony of Alliance origin. It was undefended, on the fringes of civilized space, but the Covenant had intercepted communications that they had uncovered an ancient alien artifact. Two Corvettes had been sent to the colony in advance, hiding from the humans and blocking their comms to keep them in the dark. The Ship Master's job was to get to the colony, wipe out the humans, and take the artifact. "No," Jul said. "But take the Supercarrier as my blessing. You will not need it, I think, but one can never be too careful. Report to me on the moon of Qikost as soon as the mission is complete." The Ship Master looked confused. "Qikost? Are you not--" "Did you truly believe I would show my face to the Empire without having an overwhelming advantage? I sent the Supercarrier as a ruse, Ship Master. As far as Darth Revan is concerned, I am out and about, not in hiding. It will keep the Empire off our tracks should they decide to try something." The Ship Master said nothing, but bowed his head once more. Before Jul cut the transmission, he added, "And one more thing, Ship Master: never use my name when speaking to the enemy again unless ordered to, or I will have you executed." "Understood, Lord 'Mdama..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Anaclagon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:36 am

The Imperial ships plotted their new destination before jumping into hyperspace as the Imperials onboard took a sigh of relief. "That was close.. could have been very risk" One officer mumbled to another. Suddenly a large beeping noise sounded from the console again, it was the Emperor once more demanding to be answered. Piett swallowed nervously as Revan had ignored the call the first time, more concerned of staring at the tactical map, envision a scenario had the the two fleets decided to open fire. Eventually Revan relented as he left the bridge. "Answer it.. I'll be at my quarters awaiting.."

Soon enough Revan entered his quarters as he walked off to another room as he bowed upon reaching the center. "What is thy bidding.. my master" Soon an image of a cloaked, elderly figure with glowing yellow eyes appeared. "What news from the front. Did you find the Jedi?" The voice demanded.
"The Jedi has escaped but I am hunting him down as we speak" Revan responded.
"I watched the situation. Why did you not destroy the Sangheili?"
"The situation did not call forth for it. I was not in position to do so anyway"
"You have your own personal Armada at your disposal. I have given you the most powerful warship available in the Empire with a special weapon and yet you used neither. I am beginning to wonder if this, respect you feel or mercy is clouding your judgement Lord Revan"
"It is not. But I will not sacrifice my men for an unnecessary conflict. There is no need to wage open war with the Covenant, our resources are needed elsewhere as you've said before"
"Hah. Of course... Understand Lord Revan that there can be no mercy to the Jedi or anybody. Compassion is weakness. You must pursue him, dead or alive. I will be expecting progress on it soon"
"As you wish" Revan glanced up, staring into the image through his mask. While Revan almost despised Sidious for ways he did not find acceptable, the Sith just like any other Sith apprentice still had much to learn about ways of the darkside he has not learned yet but slowly yet surely Revan was taking the Empire for his own but at the same time Sidious was keeping careful watch as this was the way of the Sith, the apprentice continues to learn from the master until he feels its his turn, to take the ultimate title as Sith Master.
"You have the the entire Imperial navy at your service, use it. I cannot have distractions... my project is becoming a reality. If completed no force in this galaxy will be able to stop us. Now go.. find him Lord Revan" And just like that the holographic image faded, the last words lingering in the air..

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 am

With the Pirate Vessels leaving through hyperspace, Rutivre glared over at the now blurry screen. Exiting through Hyperspace had been atad rough with the firepower thrown at them, but atleast they were on their way back to base... though Rutivre knew that the punishment he would be getting for such a collosial failure would be far from pretty. However, it wasn't Helies he was afraid of... no, everytime he had seen the giant lizard, he had always been almost pleasant mooded, maybe even happy in tone despite what happened... No... it was Weri he was afraid of. Helies's righthand man was a sadistic piece of work who was ruthless to all he cast judgement on... and when he decided your fate, there was nothing you could do to stop it...

Helies slammed his fist down against the armrest of his throne. "Damnit, damnit, DAMNIT!" He roared as he cut the screen off. "One of my most trusted and reliable captains, destroying 5 of my cruisers! Those things don't grow on trees, you know!"

"Calm down, Lord Helies I doubt Rutivre knew that 6 additional ships would show up... and you gave him the okay to-"

"Which is why I told him to exercise caution in the first place" Helies growled at Weri, who stood his ground. "I don't expect my captains to act as rash, hot-blooded idiots running into the slaughter. They are meant to be calculated, efficient bandits and fighters,and still..." Helies gnashed his feeth and gripped the armrest to the point where it began to bend and crunch under his grasp...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:09 pm

"Once we have engaged our enemy, you'll be free to collect test subjects from the hostile ranks. Don't attempt to do so with our allies; Attacking your employers is bad for business" hissed Khuurava as he oversaw a stream of information on the destination, the Marauder soon emerging from hyperspace on the edge of the target system. The surroundings seemed quiet, even for a backwater system. There seemed to be barely any communications of any type to or from the planet, as far as the Marauder's Comm Array could detect. Either this place was incredibly high tech...or it was a borderline wasteland...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:44 pm

"This one is aware of the terms Khuurava-Commander has set," Ecliptor replied. He produced a harsh drawling sound as if to emulate a bored tone, but the delay after his speech and the sheer mechanical nature of the noise made the attempt at lifelike behavior come off as off putting, if not completely random. "Should this one carry out advanced reconnaissance to survey the sector?" he asked the mercenary.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Khuurava's mandibles clicked as the Seeker droned in an attempt at organic behaviour, his expression a blend of confusion and annoyance, from what little could be identified. After a moment, the Khurakra took the engines offline, letting the ship drift at a relatively slow pace towards the planet, virtually invisible against the distant black backdrop of space. "Yes" responded the Mercenary briefly as he eyed the AI, leaning back in his seat as he took a glass from a service drone that had stopped beside him, having entered the room through a compartment in the corner. "I'll stay on course until you return" he added as he sent a command to prime the cargo bay, before giving his focus back to the ship's sensors and passive scanners...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Ecliptor turned away from Khuurava and took his leave through the very same compartment, slipping into the opening in the wall in a single fluid motion. He held onto the lip of the compartment and swung his legs into it before letting go, disappearing into the cockpit wall. From there, he worked his way through the internal layout of the service chutes, clambering through and being whisked off by rollers and graspers. It was not long until he diverted himself to the ship's cargo hold where he slid out of the wall feet-first and sprung upright. He sprinted across the open floor and leaped onto his scout ship, skittering along its hull before reaching an entry hatch. He opened it and went inside, pulling it closed behind him. A few moments later, the Marauder's hull opened and the ship's holding clamps disengaged, allowing it to drift out into space before shooting ahead into the star system.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Meanwhile, Khuurava was using the scanners to try and track any stray lines of communication. Though he could detect activity, the signal was far too weak for him to pick up. Must be on the other side of the system he thought. They were probably still using the old low powered Comm Hubs; Communication arrays that used a series of satellites to transmit a signal outwards. They were sturdy systems, but were very focused, with not much chance of external transmission aside from the line between each of the Hubs. Deciding it'd be best to wait for Ecliptor's report rather than risk giving away his position with Active Scans, Khuurava ceased the search, letting the Marauder simply drift towards an arid looking planet near the edge of the system...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:34 am

The small ship coasted through the void for a long time before having to fire up its thruster to make orbital corrections, slowing itself down and establishing an intercept with the planet's path around the star. Gradually thereafter, Ecliptor boosted his velocity, powering directly towards the planet in a way that made the scout seem as innocuous as any other passing celestial body. He topped out his approach speed and then cut power to this thruster, setting himself up to drift into the planet's sphere of influence and become its newest satellite.

Nearing the alien world, Ecliptor picked up on the signals being transferred about the communication array. Deciphering some of the information, the Seeker gleaned that there was some operation being carried out by professional parties, be them of one faction or of several. Reports of on-site conditions and problems with equipment contributed to a long data stream of monotony. Formal and clinical, the intercepted transmissions hinted at an organization that might have been on a military level. Further investigation could prove perilous, Ecliptor noted, as the first of the debris came into his view. When the glare of the star in the distance subsided, the scorched field of metal stood out in the shadows, forming a ring of destruction around the planet.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:46 am

As the Marauder crossed the system, fragments of communication came up. Amplifiers clarified them somewhat, but still, all he could pick up was a series of technical terms analysing the situation planetside. It sounded like it was a rather chaotic situation. Descriptions of damage and resources needed for repairs, ammunition and supplies to sustain the forces of whatever group was responsible for the communications. Mercenaries were mentioned briefly, but aside from the term itself, Khuurava could make out nothing. With that, the Marauder slowly drifted towards the planet, stopping a several million miles from the planet's outer atmosphere, intending to wait on Ecliptor's report before proceeding...No sense wasting the Seeker's report by walking into danger blindly...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 am

Another span of time later, the purple spacecraft was among the frayed sheets of hull plating zooming by several thousands of miles over the planet's surface. The wreckage was sparse in this area of space, with great gaps in the debris field where a ship even larger than the Marauder could pass easily. This high up, the wreckage formed "clouds", where the bulk of a large space vessel was still recognizable despite missing many defining features, such as engine mounts, or the innumerous bits and pieces floating around it.

Nearer to the planet, things became far more chaotic. The outer rings did not move as fast as those that were farther down. Those rings contained rubble that hurtled around the planet in laps clocking in at insane speeds. Only a madman would approach the planet at the same angle as the deadly disk. The sheer density of the treacherous ring suggested that plenty of ships met their dooms in clusters around that height, but the thing responsible remained a mystery to Ecliptor as he coasted by.

That is, until he crested the curvature of the planet. There, looming in the distance against the backdrop of distant stars, was a station. The construct was vaguely dumbbell-shaped with spires extending outwards from it. Tiny points of light dotted it and what appeared to be external attachments snaked off of its hull in all directions. The station itself looked ancient and battled scarred, while the extensions looked far more contemporary to the common galactic era.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

PreviousNext

Return to E-wars