E-War Requests

Combat oriented RPGs. Less story, more action.

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 am

Soul Calibur might turn out the same though as FRPG.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:38 pm

I have an e-war prepared at the moment. I didn't want it to be one, as in reality its just a little aid for a project im doing, but now it had too many e-war elements to be just another random fun game. It's based on gladiators of all types fighting each other. Designed to be something where you make lots of characters and then you put more work into the ones that live (the no killing other players characters without permission rule wont function in this e-war, instead, a much more realstic and unforgiveing one will be in place. (Won't result in noobish characters wipeing out the good ones though, quite the oppoiste in fact, annoying characters lifetimes will be seriously limited, meaning honour has its importance here aswell)

So, who would be up for it?
I have it all written up already so if you need more info just ask away.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Care to explain, its sounds interesting @_@ well I get it but like any story and yea..

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby mega raptor » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:52 pm

I've already offered my support for your E-war, doc.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Anaclagon:
Story... none, as of yet. It would just be a fun place to go fight others... Not to say I don't have a story in my head, just that if I implemented it in the e-war, its longlivity would plumit. Hence why I plan to pursue the story part of it as a fanfic of sorts. if you want I could pm you the first post of it. That has pretty much all the info.

And thanks Mr :wink:
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:36 pm

go ahed, I dont mind fighting others O.o but you know..just need some things to be cleared up :P

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:40 pm

I like the idea of a gladiator e-war. It has my vote.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:49 pm

same with me :P

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby C S » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:56 pm

meh, not my style, if it was like the Avient Greece RPG TTR is making then maybe...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:10 pm

Would we be allowed to fight captured animals in this new e-war or is it just man against man? THis question is for doc once he looks at this topic again.
Last edited by Iceking on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:11 pm

ask for the e-war thingy :P

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby C S » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:51 pm

A transformers E-war?
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Zephyr » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:04 pm

I vote yes...
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Iceking » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:19 pm

I vote for the transformer e-war as well.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:24 am

I vote yes for me, I suppose...
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby C S » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:35 am

woot

well, I guess ill make it tomorrow when I have everything set up, for Im gonna go sleep soon.

EIT: Ill make it now if I get permission
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

New E-war

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:54 am

DreamWorld
Dreamworld is a place everybody knows, but only some can see. Of the few that can see dreamworld, even fewer can control it. Those who can, the dreamers, fight for it.

You see, in dreamworld, lies the greatest prize of all. Glory.

Everyone enters dreamworld in a state of awe and wonder, but inevitably, everyone who enters dreamworld develops an insatiable lust for dreams. Everyone in DreamWorld has a dream, or at least they do when they first arrive. Some have multiple dreams, stolen by force from their peers.

The weapon of dream world is imagination. Every dreamer can influence themselves and the world with it, but only the one with the most dreams, the most power, can apply it to all of creation and shape the very world to their will, this person is known only as The Materialist.

DreamWorld is a shattered land, recovering from the most brutal war it ever suffered. Two factions rose, from the ambient conflict of the dreamers, one, led by the current thinker, the other, an army of some of the strongest dreamers joined together to combat their common enemy, calling themselves the heroes. The Thinker, courrpted by his power had set up the most twisted land Dreamworld had ever known, such that, every new dreamer to arrive was instantly set upon and had their dream stolen, adding to the thinkers power.
With no dreams, the new dreamers became nightmares, beings of unspeakable strength stalking the land, trying to make themselves whole once more.

But one day, the Heroes managed to rescue a new dreamer, and what they did was truely spectacular. They all gave up their dreams, allowing the new dreamer to slaughter everyone of them. Their sacrifice, pushed the new dreamer above the current Thinker, arresting control away from his malignant grip. The power, however, was too much for the new dreamer, who did not understand anything, her frantic thoughts and fears, rending Dreamworld apart. The catastrophe annihilated Dreamworld, ending the dreams of almost everyone in it.

Now, Dreamworld is recovering. Small elements of the Heroes remain, as well as the thinkers supporters, the Republic. More dreamers arrive from the void to wander this spectacular world, with no one dreamer powerful enough to control it, Dreamworld has reverted into an eden of misty mountains and fertile meadows interspersed with hellish volcanoes and deep chasms.

One can enter Dreamworld as whatever they like, wherever they want, and begin exploring, but must stay that way until they leave once more, and can only leave through where they entered. Some, get lost in Dreamworld never to return to whence they came.

In Dreamworld, you can be whatever you want, with your initial dream, you can change your appearance, your abilities and even bring with you up to two companions if you wish it. Every time you enter Dreamworld. you can change these. You must have dream with you at all times, for, if you were to lose it, you will become a Nightmare. Nightmares are stuck in Dreamworld, they cannot leave until they acquire a new dream. What's more, a Nightmare loses most of its imagination. It can't bring companions with itself, they will fade away with it's dream. It cannot even communicate with other dreamers or other nightmares, but, they are also extremely dangerous. However, if you take someone elses dream along with your own, dreamworld will begin to open itself to you. The power of two dreams, allows a dreamer to create a place of residence, be it a base, a mountain cave, a dark forest, anything. They will also be able to introduce a third companion to aid in their travels. A third dream, will allow the dreamer to introduce his own nation, an army of his imagination, to further extend his influence across Dreamworld.

Finally, the dreamer with the most dreams at any time, the Thinker, has the power to change all of Dreamworld to whatever they want. There can only be one Thinker. If two dreamers are tied with the same number of dreams, neither has total power, and Dreamworld will remain as it is until one achieves a majority.

Dreamworld is quite small at the moment, however, as more dreamers arrive, it will grow, bigger and bigger and bigger...

^Summary/plot of a new e-war.

here are the rules I envisage:

1. You must act within your power (Ie: no armies if you only have one dream) (different benefits and levels will be listed later)
2. There is no rule against killing, pinning, or preventing someone's escape.
3. Unfairness is STRICTLY forbidden. No ********. Repeat offences will met with ganking.
4. Power playing is frowned upon. Invariably, this will come down to logic and argument, but please try to be fair. When your profile is made, it will be vetted to see if it is fair or not.
5. There is a limit of one character per player
6. NPC's are essentially figments of ones imagination, and are therefore pretty much un killable. They can influence the world, and can be torn to bloody shreds for being annoying, but can be stiched back together/healed with little fanfare.
7. You are never allowed control someone else's character or NPC. This includes saying that they are dead. When dealing with armies, this rule is more relaxed.

Proposed Character sheet to come

Initial map of Dreamworld to come as well.

Note on Nightmares: Nightmares have a much larger degree of freedom within the no power playing rule. Nightmares are much stronger than your average dreamer. Even if a dreamer has 6 dreams, they are still just as 'strong' as someone with only one. More Dreams gives you more control over Dreamworld, not more strength and so forth. Generally, a nightmare will have everything multiplied by 3. 3 times as fast, 3 times as strong, 3 times as smart. Nightmares are recognisable by being darker in appearance and surrounded by shadow, though some dreamers may already look like this.

For this reason, if nightmares appear in the E-war, its recommended that you buddy up with someone.

Note on Dreams: Your dream can be anything, however, it must glow. It can be any colour, in any shape, and can be located anywhere on or in your character. It could be their heart, their necklace or even their mustache.

Note on Companions: Companion NPC's could be anything from your monkey guide who explores for you or a walking target for practising your shooting skills.

Anyone interested? Any Questions?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:11 am

Sounds very cool. You could bring some seriously strange yet awesome stuff into this E-war.....

So, nightmares are playable or not? Either way, pretty cool.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:12 am

It seems interesting, and I'd like to give it a go.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:15 am

Hmmm....... I just realized something.......

Nevermind. None too important.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to E-wars