E-War Requests

Combat oriented RPGs. Less story, more action.

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:41 am

Hmmmm........

I thought that dreams got profiles but companion NPCs didn't but we'll have to see what Doc says.....
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 am

If by dreams you mean dreamers, yes. I thought you meant dreams, as in the possessions that give a character their power.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 am

Easy solution: I make two characters... Main character, and Bowser. Bowser won't be able to enter RPGT-Ewar, except during Civil Wars, but that's alright...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 am

Ugh..... I'm confused...... my brain's tired.... lemme sort it thru a bit in my head and it'll make sense to me..........
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:48 am

Doc said one character per person Gira.

Idea: shot to hell =D
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:51 am

Idea: My char and my dream minions.

I thought dreams got profiles, but now it makes sense.........

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:51 am

Why the hell is it such a big deal? If Bowser appeared in the e-war going "I AM ALL POWERFUL I RULE YOU ALL" and tries to raise an NPC army (which would be against the rules to start with), he'd either be ignored or killed off very quickly
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:53 am

Ya its quite simple. You make a profile for "yourself", or who your character is in the E-war, and you can bring in a companion or two to begin with. No armies until you get the right amount of dreams and so forth.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 am

Makes sense. Thank ya, TT.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:00 am

Dreams aren't unique in anyway. If you've lost your dream, someone else's will do just as well. You could theoretically have a companion as your dream, if that's what you mean, however, then all someone would have to do is kidnap them and boom, your down a dream.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:02 am

M'kay. Just wondering.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 am

Okay... Bowser shall be my character's dream... No one's going to be able to kidnap the great Koopa King!

And I know the rules... THough I momentarily forgot about the one character per person rule...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Shadow » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:53 pm

This dream buisness is confusing <.>

But I'm all for it =D
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Profile topic posted, you can make your profile's now, E-war will be started tonight. Still some interesting things I need to work out and put down in typing.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Okay. I'll be ready!!!

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 pm

can Uncle Bob ( The Terminator from T2 ) be my companion?
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 pm

yes.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Re: E-War Requests

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:35 am

RANDOM E-WAR IDEA. To take the place of AVP E-war, which has been dead for two years.

Mastermind E-war

Essentially, the players assume the role of "Minds", which are omniscient beings that control lesser beings in the material universe, usually entire civilizations, to war against each other in brutal conflicts. To the Minds, its a game. To the beings warring, its reality. The Minds can control their factions through a variety of ways, such as direct control of a leader/leaders, becoming a god-like figure to the civilization, or by sending them cryptic visions. The lifespan of individuals is laughable at best, and even civilizations spawn and die in no time at all. Because the Minds are on a totally different "plane" then the warring galaxy, they cannot be killed. And, besides, its a game. You don't stab your friend because you are losing in Scrabble. As such, the most a Mind can "win" is by destroying the faction of another Mind. The other Mind, however, can recreate their faction elsewhere, or make an entirely new one. This means that players can not be cheated out of their time in the E-war, no matter how many factions they lose.

The E-war has almost total freedom. Factions can be completely unique, or complete rip-offs. If you want a bunch of vikings sailing through the galaxy on ships powered by fairydust, you can. If you want to create an extremely powerful individual that levels planets for a living, you can. There are limitations, though, for the sake of sanity, which will be explained later. The knowledge of the Mind, in terms of what other Minds are doing, is limited by what their minion(s) know(s). In Scrabble, you don't peek at another person's letters, because its rude. Same applies here. Nothing is invincible, and few things last long. If you want a decorated commander out barking orders in the middle of battle, go ahead. But don't be surprised when your detailed character gets its head blown off by an enemy sniper. Teams are possible.

Rules
1: No single sentence posts unless its appropriate (Conversations and so forth).
2: Don't ignore the capabilities of an enemy. Make sure things make sense. Example: Two commanders fighting, both with superior armor and weapons. Two posts into the fight, no one is visibly winning, and suddenly one is crippled. You cannot say the attack went through despite the enemy having tons of armor. If the enemy is a lumbering brute, has an unprotected head, and your character is armed with a powerful ranged weapon, capable of good accuracy, and can keep its distance, feel free to shoot the enemy in the head. DAMAGE MUST MAKE SENSE.
3: Teams are possible.
4: Minds don't actually commune in-Ewar. If you want to discuss a partnership or something, either have the characters meet in-Ewar, or discuss it via PM.
5: Nothing is invincible. With enough appropriate damage, anything can die/be destroyed. Period.
6: Destroying planets or other celestial bodies is not an easy feat. Those that can do it usually take a lot of time and/or energy to do so, and can be stopped.
7: Don't harass other players. You can't automatically know where their factions are located.
8: Abilities, equipment, numbers and reinforcements must be established. You can't pull a pistol out of thin air to help in a fight, and you can't have reinforcements appear out of no where to help in a battle. If you take the entirety of your race's military forces to attack someone, say so.

Magic
Magic is as possible as the players make it. But there is no spell to destroy an entire planet, neither is there one to make a character invincible.

Technology
Same as magic. Sky's the limit, but there is no technology that makes them invincible, or allow them to destroy an entire planet in an instant.

Faction Profile
Name:
Leader/Governing Body: Who or what leads the faction?
Size: Not exact, just how many territories they have. Must be a reasonable size.
Inhabitants: What makes up the faction. Include descriptions of species if necessary.
Armed Forces: Brief description of their fighting forces. Can be as detailed as the player wants.
Relationship To Mind: Direct control, religious icon, vision sender, etc.
Intelligence/Technological Prowess: To determine how advanced a civilization is.

Individual Profile
Name:
Title/Rank: Can be left out.
Height (If applicable):
Length (If applicable):
Wingspan (If applicable):
Weapons/Equipment: Weapons, in the case of feral creatures, would mean claws/teeth. Equipment is what they are armed with/what they brought.
Powers: What makes them unique. Magic, training, etc.
Personality:
History (Optional):

Planet Profile
Note: This is usually for important planets only, such as capitals. Entirely optional.
Native Name:
Environment:
Regions: If the planet has different climates and such.
Ruling Body: What controls the planet? Can be labeled as "feral", for planets that have no true rulers.
Animal Life: Feral species native to the planet. Can be none, of course.

Sooo, that's it. Everything is subject to change, if its even accepted at all. Just got bored and decided to put the idea to the test.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 pm

I like the idea of the mastermind E-war. It gets my vote.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:35 pm

You got my vot aswell. Sounds like some fun destruction is going to be involved...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to E-wars