E-War Requests

Combat oriented RPGs. Less story, more action.

Re: E-War Requests

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Hmmm.... sounds good. Has my vote.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:05 am

That's enough votes, off you go.
Have fun kids.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:54 am

Boy, does this sound like fun... However, I'll wait abit befor egetting involved in this one... Just gonna sit back and see just how this starts to play out BEFORE joining...

Bowser: Alright, boyz! Time to conquer this brand new E-war!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:50 am

Sounds like it's gonna be a fun one. However, will there be more limitations? Otherwise, what's to say someone can't create a piece of machinery that can fit in your backpack and create a quadrillion kilojoules of energy per nanosecond, etc etc?
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:53 am

^ Most people are nice enough to not be that cheap.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:55 am

One thing can lead to another. Of course, it wont happen directly, but through a series of posts, some equivalent of that may be made.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:57 am

^ Well, the admins can keep that from happening pretty easily.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:00 am

There's the whole "don't be a d*ck" rule in place. Basically overpowered, unfair actions/technology/whatever will be removed, case closed.
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 am

NEW E-WAR IDEA. A medieval steampunk style E-War set in an alternate past where goblins, orcs and dragons rule over the land, with some human survivors struggling to survive in the world, called Steampunk Fantasy E-War.

It's set in the early-mid 1200s, shortly after the downfall of the last human kingdom standing. Goblins and enslaved orcs patrol the land all over the world, searching for humans to kill, while dragons keep to the skies hunting all three of their enemies. Goblins went to war shortly after that and an arms race just before, using steampunk technology now for things like vehicles, power plants, and so forth. Orcs remain enslaved an under command of their smaller owners, who work them as much as they wish. Some dragons had become captured like humans, but most are still free at the time and, though in small numbers like the humans, keep on fighting to survive and some to even save their captured bretheren.

There are four different species to choose from which have been mentioned, along with many more that are more animalistic than all the rest, and don't live as groups for the most part. There is also the ability to form your own faction controlled by one of the three most powerful beings, but none can be made for enslaved orcs.

RULES:

1. No powerplaying. This one is obvious, no character is far superior than another, and fights have to be fair and make sense.

2. Magic is limited to the basics of controlling the elements, and nothing more.

3. Technology for factions must make sense. Goblin factions will have superior tech than humans and dragons will in the terms of transportation, power, etc. but have the same tech level for weaponry.

4. Factions MUST start small, considering a lot of things had been destroyed in this alternate history, so none can start larger than a small-mid sized clan early on, but they can grow as time passes.

5. Teams are possible.

6. No single sentance posts unless they involve a conversation and so forth.

7. Don't harass other players. You don't technically know exactly where there character[s] or faction is located UNLESS your faction is set near theirs.

EDIT: Profiles!

Faction Profile
Name:
Leader/Governing Body: Who or what leads the faction?
Size: Not exact, just how many territories they have. Must be a reasonable size.
Inhabitants: What makes up the faction. Include descriptions of species if necessary.
Armed Forces: Brief description of their fighting forces. Can be as detailed as the player wants.
Technology: Just a small, brief description of their tech level. The highest is steam-powered, well, pretty much anything, and the lowest is to bare hands and feet.

Individual Profile
Name:
Title/Rank: Can be left out.
Height (If applicable):
Length (If applicable):
Wingspan (If applicable):
Weapons/Equipment: Weapons, in the case of feral creatures, would mean claws/teeth. Equipment is what they are armed with/what they brought.
Powers: What makes them unique. Magic, training, etc.
Personality:
History (Optional):
Last edited by UndeadRaptor on Tue May 31, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue May 31, 2011 1:41 am

I like this, as i told you in our private conversation, but one question: why must weapon tech be on the same level?

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 am

Because, none of the species ever really did get around to focusing on updating their weapons so much other than the goblins, and besides, the human survivors probably stole some of the weapons goblins DID produce.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 am

It seems like old FRPG with a far less complex background.

And with it comes the same limitations of old FRPG: its established background makes it less likely to be joined.

Also, the **** does Steampunk mean? Because I remember it being a genre of fiction, not a technology level.
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue May 31, 2011 1:58 am

Well, it has to do with fiction AND technology in a way... it's based on where steam power is widely used.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby C S » Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 am

Magical machinery basically. Like a metal hulled ship in FRPG, its engine powered by magic/ primitive mechanics
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:15 am

Pretty much that... Or, think of Nechku and Lechku. Both of them are Steampunk demon owls...

To be serious, I like this idea... just... expand on the options abit more, please?

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue May 31, 2011 2:17 am

Well, the options aren't really that limited, I mean, you could use more than JUST goblins, orcs, dragons or humans, Gira. (Ifthisdoesgetenoughvotes,thatis)

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue May 31, 2011 3:51 am

@ UR: Why'd you make it seem limited then? I mean, it looks good, but it could use some work on the variety part of RPing....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue May 31, 2011 3:55 am

I DID mention that you could use more than just what was specifically mentioned... -.-

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 pm

It looked limited, that's what I meant. Not that it WAS. The way you worded it seemed.... unopen to interpretation.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue May 31, 2011 6:25 pm

Ohhhhhh...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to E-wars