Mastermind E-war

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Mastermind E-war

Postby UndeadRaptor » Sat May 28, 2011 4:38 pm

A bit before the vehicle officially landed, a rectangular chunk of the bottom of the scout ship retracted into the rest of the space-craft, and turned into a ramp as it finally landed. The crew of five soon marched out with their pilot Hau leading the way, only carrying basic equipment that most of the fleet or their army and navy would carry, along with holstered pistols.

Back inside the fleet's mothership, general Bae was discussing tactical deployment issues with the admiral of the fleet, Boi. They were arguing on how the infantry of their forces would be deployed onto the rebellious-controlled moon some miles away from them. One decided a head-on assault, while the other wanted to make it a stealth mission. Commander Heg sat in the next room, waiting for the battle that would soon come, so he could join his forces on an assault against the rebels.

On Selh, the very young lord Heg was training against some practice dummies with his plasma sword, slashing, hacking and stabbing away at them until they were shredded and looked like piles of garbage. Only a few more remained as the Seriath leader continued practice, now firing on some with his beam pistol...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Pyronychus » Sat May 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Dak tilted his head at the smaller of the two Dravacions just as Rotax's white gaze turned to her and he growled, "Well then, I think someone should investigate." "I'll be in charge of that... if you don't mind, sir," hissed the blur-gray Drac, sounding like she was making a real effort to contain her excitement. "Are you sure you can handle it, Sergeant?" "Yes, my arm is almost fully healed, and the pain is gone." As she said this, Dak's eyes wandered down to her front right limb, which just a week before had been badly broken in three places and her hand almost crushed flat in a construction accident in the newly opened Landing Bay Ten. Though permanent light gray scars now criss-crossed the arm, it looked completely normal otherwise; even her mutilated fingers had regenerated perfectly in only a few days. "Very well," growled Rotax. "I'll transfer the job to you. I would help as well, but I have business here." "I'll assist if you wish, Sergeant," Dak hissed, meeting the Drac's piercing red gaze as she smiled very slightly and nodded. "That would be great. Maybe you could help me put together a team?" "Certainly." "I suggest you get started as soon as possible. The interference is beginning to disrupt cargo transport to places that really need it, like this station. Even the Central Core is having trouble communicating orders," hissed Rotax, turning and walking back to his console, motioning to the black-striped Raptavus, who promptly turned and disappeared through the small door that lead to the access stairwell. "We'll begin immediately, sir," hissed the blue-gray, turning on the spot and walking out of the control room, Dak at her heels. They walked down a hallway much larger than Dak was used to, since he mainly kept to the separate Raptavi corridors. The station was built to give the two species their own ways of moving around without interfering with each other. Dak quickened his pace so he could walk at the Dracavion's side. "So Sergeant-" "Come on Dak, you know me. Call me Nightjar," she hissed with a quick downward glance at him. "Nightjar... did you have anyone in mind for the team?" "I was thinking maybe Rhone, for one, if he's free." Dak nodded. "Okay. Do you think you'll need a navigator? How far will you be traveling?" "Ah," Nightjar suddenly slowed down a bit. "That's the thing... Even though they estimated the signal's position in two dimensions, the polar stations still haven't figured out exactly how far away it is. It could be ten thousand miles or two lightyears..." Dak tilted his head, hissing, "Then I suggest you take a skilled navigator like Jaribu." Nightjar nodded, continuing on down the wide corridor at her former speed, glancing at a line of other Dracs who were passing in the opposite direction. Suddenly she spotted one in particular and stopped short, Dak hopping to the side to avoid running into her arm. "Rhone! You're just who I was looking for. Do you have time to help me?"

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 am

The Orakians were quickly patched through to central command by the outpost, where they were provided with various tactical data, such as the reaches of the Kroot Empire, and the various fronts it was fighting on. Sensitive information, such as leadership, locations of notable commanders, and the locations of the home world and other key planets, were left out...for now.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

The Hai'Orak, in turn provided charts and other data forms detailing the extent of Orakian affairs in the galaxy. Locations of forward bases and other stations were the first bits of information given to the Kroot allies. The Hai'Orak points of interests such as the homeworld and intelligence hub were left out however; even though the Orakians valued the value of trust in words, they were just as cautious as any other empire with military interests...

Elsewhere, over the rocky planet now dubbed "Gormia-12", the Foidaria was hurdling off into space, the foremost of the craft pointed up to the heavens and its large aft thrusters were burning a bright white in color, with halos of blue surrounding them near the outermost parts. Into space it would go, carrying its Orakian crew to new conquests.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Pyronychus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:56 pm

A big dark gray Dracavion, only marginally larger than Rotax, but standing out easily above the rest of the Dracs glanced in Nightjar and Dak's direction and made his way through the thinning group to stop at the side of the corridor. As the last of the group passed and the corridor became all but deserted, he nodded in greeting, his long neck pulled back in a tall, sinuous curve, a row of thin spines adding to his lanky height. "What can I do for you, Nightjar?" he growled in a deep voice, much smoother than the Commander's gravelly tone. "I'm putting together a scout team to check out the radio source. Would you be willing to join?" "Count me in." "Great! Dak suggested we also bring a navigator. Any idea where Jaribu is?" "I believe I saw him heading toward the archives. Should I summon him?" "Please do. We'll all meet by the airlocks off of Landing Bay Three in fifteen minutes." The dark Dracavion nodded, then turned without a word and disappeared into an adjoining corridor. Nightjar jerked her head at Dak and continued on their previous path toward the airlock.

A few minutes later, the two arrived at the side of Landing Bay Three, gazing through a wall-sized window at the dozens of Raptavi, both on foot and operating small machines, tending to a long row of SAIAs, the closest of which happened to be a heavily modified Boeing 727, it's huge cargo door opened wide, an odd-looking loader-conveyor machine removing palate after palate of much-needed building materials onto a waiting trailer. The blue-gray Drac turned away from the busy scene, walking to one of a number of large white doors facing toward the outside of the station and placing her hand on a panel at its side. With a rush of air, the door split down the middle and glided slowly open, Nightjar removing her hand to stop the door when the gap was large enough for her to fit through, though it was only halfway open. The moment she stepped inside,the door began to close and lines of green light flashed across the floor as the airlock sensed the Drac's presence and initiated a scan. Pulling her wings in tightly, Nightjar was careful to stay perfectly still as it completed the scan and motors overhead whirred and clanked, retrieving parts to fit her dimensions. Finally a double door opened in the ceiling and several bright yellow robotic arms extended downward, a different shining metallic part held in the gripper of each. The autonomous arms moved smoothly and precisely, working around each other as if doing some sort of mechanical dance, fitting and securing each piece until, when they retracted back into the ceiling, Nightjar was covered from head to tail in a fully functional, gleaming white space suit...

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 am

Liin cracks his neck and meditates a bit. He soon opens his eyes and speaks.

"Let us go again Rukh."

Rukh smirks and begins to focus his power into his mind. Like a spear striking a shield, Rukh began his mental assault, pushing and prodding Liin's mind for potential weakspots. He believes that he finds one and attempts to get in.

However, it soon proves to be a trap for the young psionic student. Like a swarm of insects, Liin's mental powers brutalize Rukh's feeble abilities, quickly pushing Rukh's spear out and pushing his own assault into the Sheekh general's mind. Horrible images and thoughts enter Rukh's mind, and Rukh was soon forced to his knees. A vicious headache broke through Rukh's head, before the General yells out in pain, no longer able to control himself. Liin lets up, feeling pity for the Sheekh squirming in pain upon the floor. As soon as the pain stops, Rukh gets up, shaking with pain.

"Your mental assault powers are adequate for the average being. However, you must strengthen your barriers, so you can withstand someone's assault," Liin croaks.

"Ugh... nice of you to tell AFTER the fact," Rukh growls in anger.

"Patience, my student," Liin says. "That was so you can know how a mental assault feels. If you feel a prodding pain in your mind, you must try and defend yourself or you WILL be incapacitated. When I'm done with you, your mental barriers will be powerful enough to withstand my assaults."

"Great," Rukh says, half interested and half furious. Liin was good, he knows that... but will he be enough to make him powerful?

The Space station aims weapons at the ships still, waiting for their attack, whilst waiting to finish charging the next terminator laser blast, which was currently at 60%.

"Can't you make that go any faster?!" The shipmaster/radioer yells.

"Yes, but it would destroy the cannon if done too often," The operator replies. "Better to let it take its time."

"Well, set all weapons to auto aquire then!" The shipmaster yells. "If those Combine move, we will destroy them!"

"Yes ma'am," the operator says as he types in the commands.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Pyronychus » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:22 am

Nightjar's own muffled breaths hissed in her ears, adding to the light hum from the oxygen circulation system in her back pack. For a minute, she listened to the distant-sounding clanks and whirs of the machinery in the nearby airlocks, knowing Rhone had located Jaribu, and they were both suiting up. Then the noises stopped and Rhone's deep voice crackled over Nightjar's intercom. "Suit-up complete. Commence decompression." "Commencing decompression," came Dak's swift reply, a bit too loudly, in the Dracavion's ear. She raised a gloved hand and lightly touched the side of her helmet, turning the intercom volume down a few notches. At the same time, the loud whooshing noise of escaping air reverberated around the chamber, and a computer display on the wall counted down, a beep sounding with each passing second, growing quieter due to lack of air for the sound waves to pass through. Three... two... one. All was silent except for sound of the Drac's own steady breathing as the outer airlock doors finally parted vertically and slid smoothly open. Nightjar walked slowly forward, feeling the influence of the gravity floor plating dropping away as she pushed off from the lip of the airlock and slid into empty space. She glanced to her left, watching as her two comrades did the same, pulsing their maneuvering thrusters to turn themselves toward her. Jaribu was the smallest of the three, in a light gray suit that bulged upward at the tail to fit around his long tail-tip fin. Rhone's suit was a glossy black with silver trim, a single medium-grade ion-pulse weapon concealed in a pod attached to the side of his back unit. "Jaribu," Nightjar hissed. "Your suit has a radio-signal isolator, does it not?" "It does. It'll be much more accurate than those hulks at the station. Probably be able to pinpoint the signal to within a cubic mile or so." "Good. I'd like you to lead then. I'll fly on your left flank, Rhone will take the right." "Roger," the two males growled before the navigator briefly pulsed his maneuvering thrusters and engaged his main engines. The twin ion thrusters accelerated the Drac quickly, leaving behind a fading white-blue trail in his wake. Several seconds later, Rhone's engines lit up and propelled him after Jaribu. As Nightjar also took off with a blast of blue flame, she hissed to the others, "Don't forget, as we get closer, the interference could cut off our communications at any time. If one of us loses sight and sound of the others for more than fifteen minutes, just return to the station..."

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby C S » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 am

A white point shone brightly at the outer fringes of a star system. A fraction of a second later, a halo of colors expanded from the area, a sudden release of energy emanated from the place of exit. A hyperspace jump had been completed and a lone vessel powered out from the warp, engines propelling it at great speeds towards the reaches of the gaseous sphere. Just before entry into the system, the thrusters that belched white hot emissions suddenly ceased. The lights that shone through the few windows on the craft faded away. An Orakian Haelbram drifted silently through the star system- that of the Sheekhatan race. Aside from the residual energy from the hyperspace jump, the craft was undetectable coasting through space, akin to an asteroid compelled by the pull of the system's sun...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:03 am

The sudden burst of energy was picked up by nearby space stations, which soon triangulated the exact coordinates of the burst. The information was soon sent to Grehn, home planet of the Sheekhs, and was recieved by the Council of Wise Men.

"Hmmm.... most interesting..."

"What is it, Titus? Something wrong?"

"Not wrong, but curious," Titus replied. "A large collection of energy was picked up in Sector 3, near colony 3266."

"Perhaps it was a comet or something. Nothing too unusual." The councilor, this one named Julius, retorted.

"Shall I warn the colony in the event of invasion? We do not want them to suffer a similar fate to 5520."

"Yes, councilor Caligula," Titus replied. "We cannot afford to lose any more border colonies."

Caligula nodded and began to radio the colony to warn them of possible invasion...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 am

Some time would pass before another spike in energy reached the Sheekhatan installations situated within the system. This one was not just beyond the outermost ring of the array of planets and moons, but well within the system. Again, this sudden surge in energies seemed to be a phantom in nature, without any definite cause and nothing registering in its wake...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 am

The energy spike was picked up again by the space stations, and many Sheekhs monitored it. It was impossible for them to find where it was headed- it was almost as if it was teleporting from place to place....

Rukh had been interrupted from his training again. Liin was most displeased by this, but allowed his pupil to fulfill his militaristic duties. Soon, Rukh was watching over the energy spike and its two occurances.

"Well, Rukh?" Titus said to the aging general, "Any idea as to what this is and where it is headed?"

"I'm unsure," Rukh replied. "In my thirty years as general, I have never seen something of such power and bizarre flight patterns. All i can think of is that is has some form of warping, which would explain the sudden spikes of energy in certain sectors. Otherwise, all we can do is monitor it and hope it does not destroy anything."

The councilor nodded. He was worried. Rukh was good, but if he didn't know, then probably no one knew what this was....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:58 am

Hours went by without another incident, undoubtedly leaving those keeping tabs on the situation tense. Time itself antagonized the Sheekhatan presence in the solar system, harboring the unknown that resided in every passing minute. Two more outbursts went off simultaneously over and below the orbital plane, a peculiar anomaly...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:03 am

As the energy bursts occured, the men studyign still had no clue what was gonig on. Even after tracing its possible flight patterns, it had no direct, distunguishable path- it was literally all over the place. The two at the same tiem confused them even more. How was it in two places at once? Was there more than one? Perhaps the original had sent the other one in a different direction? Anyone's guess was a logical one at this point. Even Rukh and the Fleetmaster, Tartarus, had no idea what to expect. It just made no sense in their eyes...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:13 am

The Haelbram was a silent hunter as it made its approach. Its dark hull blended into the shadow of a large rocky giant, the planet itself being used as cover for the large ship. Its systems began to activate, basic systems first and gradually ascending to the advanced. The result was a ship closing in on the Fleetmaster's station, priming itself to strike without the target having so much as an inkling of what was going to happen...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:23 pm

By sheer luck, Tartarus' station manages to pick up something heading in its direction, but can't pinpoint it; they were only able to find it for a fraqction of a second. Startled, the Fleetmaster orders the engineers.

"Quickly! Activate barrier and deflector shields! Whatever it is, I don't want it to crash into this station!"

Nodding, the Engineers start up the space station's defensive barriers. Hopefully, the alien object hadn't already entered the space station's barriers; then, the shields would be completely useless and they would need to prime the weapons...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Another energy signature appeared, exponentially weaker than the initial bursts the Sheekhatan were detecting. The Haelbram's powerful thrusters activated at a fraction of their full force, increasing the ship's speed sufficiently to penetrate the shielded space before the barrier was fully raised. The warship's minimal display was a ploy to get the inhabitants to underestimate just what it was they were facing...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Seeing it enter shield space, Tartarus commands,

"Activate EMP launchers and laser turrets!"

"Sir, isn't this a bit overkill? If anything, it's one ship. Besides, they can't get inside the space station unless they find the docking port.... which is closed for safety purposes."

"Perhaps, but I will not risk sabotage! That ship will not exit Sheekh airspace alive!"

The engineers start up the defensive turrets, which (surprise surprise) have trouble finding anything in the shield area. If it tries to escape, the shields will destroy it on contact. Unless it found way to dock on the station, the ship was doomed....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:04 pm

A large concentration of power was developing startlingly fast within the shielded area. Energy that would have powered the deactivated systems of the Haelbram was now diverted to the main cannon. Even power being spared by the low level thruster output was poured into the weapon. The result was the warship being in full strike condition in record time.

The forward section of the Haelbram split apart, a green glow shining along the segments of metal. An orb formed in the space in between the revealed spires. Before anyone could make sense of the situation, a blinding streak shot out from the cannon at rail gun speeds, carrying with it enough force to puncture the station's hull and impart an overwhelming charge that shut down all electrical operations around the stricken sector such as life support and lighting. Those in the area were literally suffocating in the dark, if they weren't sucked out into space from the decompression...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 pm

As soon as the light appeared, all laser turrets on the sector of the ship opened fire, literally dozens of lasers peircing the ship's hull. Sure, part of the space station had been damaged and it would need to be sealed and rebooted, but the size of the thing meant this was a less than fair fight in either direction....

"What the hell happened?!" Tartarus shouted as the lights on the space station flickered before reactivating.

"It appears we've been hit."

"Are the turrets on autoacquire?"

"Of course, Fleetmaster."

"Good! Then the UGO has probably been attacked by now."

"Sir, hull has been breached in sector 8. Shall we sendc a team to repair the damage?"

"Do what you must," the Fleetmaster replied. For such a tiny ship, its firepower was devastating...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 pm

The Haelbram's spire blasters were the next to open fire, the numerous plasma launchers locking onto the turrets and firing back, gradually disarming the station in the while it took the main cannon to recharge. While the Sheekhatan were preoccupied with the single ship, another division of the fleet made their way towards the station, engines blaring and weapons primed. A Haelbram escorted by Orakian utility ships were converging on the station, staying out of effective range to remain undetected...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard