Dinosaur Island RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Dinosaur Island RPG

Postby C S » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 am

"So this is the company you keep, Jacob. They make good time" David commented, looking over the building's roof and to the field. "Too bad they couldn't keep themselves alive... then they might have been here with us" he added afterwards, releasing his TAR-21 and letting it hang off his waist, its strap being blown by the helicopter's downdraft. He walked up to the ladder and proceeded to climb, the sky taking on its crimson tint as the sun started to dip down below the treeline. After almost two full days, the deal had finally come to a close...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 am

Jacob remained silent as he grabbed hold of the ladder, ascending, the ladder being reeled in by an electronic winch that pulled the two up to the craft, a man in black combat gear and short auburn hair reaching a hand down to help David up into the aircraft, before repeating it for Jacob, sliding the door on the side of the craft shut once he had done so, the chopper pulling away and flying away from the facility a fair distance, before arcing round and heading towards the coastline, the base visible out the port side window. "Oi! David, take a look out the window! you're gonna want to see this!" yelled Jacob with a smirk over the sound of the chopper as he kicked back, setting his backpack beside him as he pulled out a large grey remote-like object, shaped to fit in the hand and having a long aerial attached to it, as the red-headed merc sitting with them handed them each a headset attached to the ceiling of the cabin, allowing them to communicate properly...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:52 am

David raised an eyebrow at Jacob, wondering for a few seconds what had him excited until he got a look at the remote. "...Oh hell..." he muttered as he took the headset, put it on and turned to look out the window. He was able to see the front of the base and the Humdinga parked just outside its entrance, the field bathed in the vibrant light of the tropic sunset...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:00 am

"Thought I'd inaugurate your membership with a bang" said Jacob with a chuckle as he flipped the safety off, pressing the button on the detonator as a massive explosion engulfed the entire front portion of the base, several blocks of C4 he had dropped in and around the entrance in obscure corners as he rushed through all detonating simultaneously, the flash almost blinding as a massive cloud of smoke flowed out of the entrance, rubble and the undoubted remnants of dozens of corpses littering the ground and being blown into the air, as roughly one half of the facility collapsed on itself, a massive cloud of dust billowing up in it's wake amidst cheers from the rest of the mercs, "God DAMN Cutlass, what a way to end a job!" said the red-head, the minigunners and pilots alternating comments of shock and laughter at the excess with which Jacob had chosen to close this mission...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 am

"Nicely done. I swear I saw a bloody mist amidst that explosion; damn near brought a tear to my eye" David said as he broke out into laughter, going against his body which had begun to protest in the form of aches and soreness. He took a seat, strapped in and let out a sigh. "Nothing makes you feel accomplished than back pains" he joked.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 am

Jacob laughed at the complaint, shaking his head. "Don't worry about it, mate. As soon as we're back on the mainland I'm heading for a massage. I think after the **** we've been through the last couple of days it's well deserved" said the man with a smirk. "Danny, this is David. Our newest recruit. Seems he's up to down a few bottles if our last conversation is anything to go by" he explained as he eyed the auburn-haired man, whose scarred cheek seemed at odds with his otherwise relatively smooth features "Ah can't believe it. Two days and yer already lookin' fer someone to outdrenk meh. Ya never learn" retorted Daniel, or Danny as most of the team called him. He was, by his accent, seemingly Scottish. He seemed quite a bit younger than Jacob, or even David for that matter, but little else was clear about him at a glance "The rest of the guys I'll introduce you to when we're more comfortable. In the mean time, I'm sure you're probably wondering where the **** all this came from" said Jacob...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 am

"Naturally. We were just driving along when you decide to lay the extraction on me. You're not government designated, I can tell that much" David replied.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:56 am

"We're a private mercenary group. One of the best you'll find out there. Those lizards down there? They were the sole reason we came here. Suffice to say, a rather wealthy contractor hired us to get DNA samples and data from the facilities" explained Jacob as he drew his knife, flipping it in hand, a faint red tinge still visible on the blade from the last creature that had tasted the sting of the blade. flipping the blade in his hands and slipping it back in it's sheath, he continued. "We were paid...quite a bit of cash to make sure this plan went the way we wanted it to. Those mercs that hit this place? They're the team our contractor sent in before us. Originally the plan was infiltration, reconnaissance and elimination of key targets, Jenkins among them. They weren't expecting the place to turn into hell on earth when they took out the power. Toss that and the security forces on the island together, and you get a blood bath. We were sent in to make sure we got the information before the big wigs up in US High Command managed to erase the facility from the map. Hence me taking Jenkins' hard drive and the seemingly endless supply of cloths I had on hand when I was busy shanking things. Blood samples, the Cutlass way" said the man, joking about the last part. "In any case, All you have to worry about now, is liquidating whatever assets you have. houses, cars, bank accounts. all of it. As far as the world's concerned, you no longer exist" explained Jacob finally, his tone turning serious. 24 hours from now, the US Army would likely make the decision to erase the facilities from the map and strike it's existence from the records. For all intents and purposes, Project Resurrection no longer existed, and all those who worked on the project....disappeared along with it...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Previous

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard