Dinosaur Island RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Dinosaur Island RPG

Postby Iceking » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Rick kept his silence when David and Jacob drew up to the group, seeing that they were clearly focusing on talking to Barnes. He was greatful that the two had come back, knowing that they might have lost more lives during the attack had they not shown up. The merc kept his ears listening for sounds that the Rex nearby might be moving uncomfortably close, just in case it's current behavior changed from just passivly following at a distance to increased aggression...
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

"Looks like you haven't. I take it Dr. Jenkins has given you the grand tour?" responded Jacob lowly, giving as cold an attitude as he was served. It was obvious Barnes didn't like that they were gone the whole time, though frankly, Jacob didn't care...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 pm

"Unfortunately," Max said. "Good to know you two aren't dead; we can always use the extra firepower."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:45 pm

David raised an eyebrow at Maxwell, finding it hard to keep from snapping at the man. Was he that painfully unaware of how unprofessional and cumbersome his company was? Hell, from his last performance where he nearly got himself killed by trying to be a hero it was clear he was no better. "You could use more than a bit of fire power" David said lowly as he eyed the mercenary. He debated whether or not he should return his bag... he hadn't had a chance to properly go through it.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:51 pm

"More or less," Barnes replied flatly. "We were just about to head to the military outpost and find ourselves a radio when we got ambushed. " Jenkins, for his part, was standing at the back of group, acting surprisingly inconspicuous...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:07 pm

"Funny how you lot seem to run into ambush after ambush . Then again, it does make sense given our findings at the previous base" responded Jacob with a shrug...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:20 pm

"Findings?" Barnes asked. "I was just going to chalk it all up to really bad luck..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Jacob shook his head, sighing. "Seems the good doctor did a good job of staying below the radar. with you, at least. He wasn't so successful with us. While you lot were running around getting eaten, David and I did some fact-finding. Turns out this whole incident is quite a bit more than a convenient security breech" responded the ex-SAS soldier as he scanned the surroundings for threats...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 am

Barnes raised an eyebrow, curiosity piqued. He looked over his shoulder at the innocent-looking Jenkins. "Is that so?" he mused. Turning back to Jacob, he added, "Unfortunately, I'm going to need to get more proof than just the word of, well... you..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 am

Maxwell stayed quiet now, but he honestly wasn't too surprised. He semi suspected the "good" doctor all along.....
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:30 am

David stared ahead at the next facility, wondering why it had been built so far out and separated from the others by such hostile terrain. The animals adapted so well to their territory in only six months, after being dead for millions of years. Did the researchers not think this was an issue when they decided to go through with the project? Did they not consider that the dinosaurs would have more control over the island than they ever could? With that in mind, along with the last encounter with the raptors, David started questioning what more could be at that building that Jenkins would want, even if it meant going through prime hunting ground...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:41 am

Standing near the back of the group, Persephone's eyes shifted toward Jenkins, giving the doctor a dark glare that was certain to send shivers down his spine. She let out a faint, almost unhearable chuckle. She wasn't surprised in the least. So this is what a man who doesn't want to see his poor animals slaughtered tries to do to protect them... she thought in her hind...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:58 am

Rick remained silent after Jacob said that Jenkins wasn't as innocent as they had initially though. Though he had indeed had some suspicions about Jenkins, he hadn't really thought much about them until seeing that Jenkins had created the second Spinosaurus without being authorized. Thus, he didn't feel as suprised as he might have under other circumstances and now that he thought over Jacob's words regarding that the group had been walking into ambushes while being led by Jenkins, the merc was interested in what David and Jacob had to say...
Last edited by Iceking on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:00 am

Jacob chuckled. "Well, I'm sure you know he wiped most of the harddrives in the facility. That can be explained away as protection of the research. delete it so the 'enemy' cant access it. If you had taken the time to have Dr. Jenkins take you to Lab C, which was sealed off completely and took some less...conventional techniques to access, you'd have found that he had thoroughly destroyed every piece of equipment and research in there....leaving his own office completely intact" explained Jacob as he eyed each one of the group from behind the shades, lowering his voice to keep Jenkins from overhearing him, gesturing for Dodgeson to come closer, knowing he in particular would want to hear what came next. "But what REALLY got my attention was the fact that he'd been feeding his Troodon pets using his colleagues' bodies. Though I take it nobody back home had a clue about them, seeing as Dodgeson never authorised it and all. The sneaky ******** were nocturnal. and fast. According to his journal they really took a liking to humans, and are probably one of the main reasons we haven't found any corpses so far." he added.

"Add that to the fact he seems to be leading you right through every single dangerous predator's territory," he noted, gesturing around him at the ideal hunting grounds that surrounded the area, before continuing. "and the result is that you have a traitor in your ranks that you're not even aware of. Though I'm hardly surprised. There's a huge market for deserters these days, what with the political scene deteriorating around the world. It's only a matter of time before someone fires the first shot, and when it happens, the one who has the most to throw at his enemy is going to win. Jenkins here doesn't get nearly half as much pay for his current job as he would get if he were to make a deal with a rival government. I'd say he's whittling you down so that whatever rescue group's waiting for him at the end will be able to wipe you out easily. Then they whisk him off, the US Government loses all the research conducted here, and a rival government gets the full advantage of Jenkins' knowledge, being the only one who knows everything about what happened here. At the end of it he could end up being a wealthy man with his own little island somewhere fancy, while America's getting ****** up the arse by whoever he made the deal with" he concluded...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:00 am

Dodgson perked up at the mention of Troodon. "Wait, Troodon?" he whispered. "They aren't one of the listed animals we created. Then again, we didn't authorize TWO Spinosaurs either..." Barnes, for his part, was completely silent. Some of what Jacob said made sense, but he needed more than that. "Are you absolutely sure about all of this? Did you find something that would provide sufficient evidence so that he could actually be put on trial? The word of a mercenary won't cut it..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:10 am

"I believe the information you're looking for will likely be at the main facility. Then again, odds are, if I'm right, so will whatever he plans to use to get rid of the loose ends. The damage done to the last base though confirms there's an outside force at work here. It wasn't just dinosaurs. the hole in the main hall was made by explosives. there were doors that were mangled by bulletholes, and this is a military facility. I think that more or less sums it up. Actual confirmation is probably limited. He may be utterly mad, but he's got the intelligence to be thorough. I managed to get this much out of the flecks of information he didn't think could be connected" responded Jacob firmly...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 am

"Well, there's not much I can do about that," Barnes said. "Keeping an eye on him will be easy. Maybe I can get away with putting him under protective custody without the threat of a lawsuit. I'm sure, if you're right, he has enough lawyers to bury the U.S. military in legislation for years..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:23 am

"Your choice" said Jacob simply. "But I'm not sticking around with you lot to be eaten, shot or blown up by whatever's waiting for you. I've done well evading your problems this long. I think I can keep myself alive long enough to get my arse off this godforsaken island" he added, before tapping David's shoulder, signalling it was time they moved...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby C S » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 am

"You might wanna worry about your leg more than the lawyers waiting for you back in the States. Gangrene is a ***** to put up with and most things on this island can smell you from miles away" David said dryly to the mission leader before pressing down on the gas pedal. The engine revved loudly and the Humdinga pulled off, speeding away from the group seconds later.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:35 am

With Jacob and David speeding off, Persephone continued to chuckle ever so quietly, keeping her eyes on Jenkins the whole time. "So it all makes perfect sense now..." The mercenary said as she turned completely to face him, her crossbow still in her hands, ready to be aimed upward and shot at him whenever she felt like it. "You were leading up into death trap after death trap to try and get us killed... You even knew that the Spinosaurs would attack us." She coldly stated, her head tilted down abit, but her eyes still locked onto Jenkins...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard