Dinosaur Island RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Dinosaur Island RPG

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:02 am

"We'll see when we get there," Dodgson replied simply. Barnes interrupted and barked, "Try not to abuse our equipment, alright?"
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:04 am

Hiero looked at the Suite in agreement trying to get him to reveal any more details out of him, though he doubted they'd get much more than this and really all he wanted was to get the mission started sooner. The sooner they left the less likely they'd be caught in the storm.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 am

After another pause, Dodgson checked his wristwatch and added, "If we have any more questions, we're going to have to discuss them in the chopper. Let's get a move on, shall we?" Barnes nodded in agreement. "All aboard! Let's get this party moving!"
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 am

Riley spins his knife in hand a few seconds before sheathing it and getting up, stretching for another moment. Soon, the merchant got on to the Osprey and waited for the others...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:15 am

Hiero finally got what he wished for, orders to move from doing nothing. He quickly checked everything one last time then lifted himself onto the Osprey.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:17 am

Jacob walked towards the aircraft, boarding, taking a seat once on board, his equipment made up of what he was wearing, in addition to a small backpack filled with various provisions he had brought with him. as a Merc, he knew his own gear would almost always be better than what was supplied by his employers...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:17 am

Maxwell gets to his feet and says, "I better get my damn book back..." before he goes to get on the chopper, his knife sheathed, S&W holstered, and his benelli strapped to his backpack....
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:17 am

David hopped off of the crate, pulling two black gloves from one of his pockets and slipping them on as he walked towards the Osprey. His boots made dull thumps on the deck of the ship with every step he took, and if one was listening closely, they could hear the faint clinking of magazines bumping into each other within various compartments of his suit.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:19 am

Rick boarded Osprey and sat down as he waited for his comrades to board, he began to think over what had been revealed to the group. From what had been revealed, he was now suspecting that perhaps a company was behind the current problem on the island. No doubt this rival company was hoping to steal the research so that they could profit off of it. "if that's the case, then it's time to ruin that little plan", the merc thought to himself...
Last edited by Iceking on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:22 am

Riley soon took as seat at the far end of the Osprey, unlocking the trigger on atleast his pistol as he sat...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 am

"Then take it with you, Max," Barnes said as he boarded the Osprey. Its engine-propellors were slowly unfolding from their compacted state, already preparing to take off. The chopper had enough room for 24 passengers, and they had around 15 or so mercenaries. It would be an easy trip, hopefully. Dodgson followed Barnes on board, sitting in a far corner seat and sifting through a few papers in his briefcase...

Only a few seconds later, after the remaining mercs had boarded, the Osprey took off VTOL-style, its pilot constantly communicating with the staff in the aircraft's control tower. The Osprey was still somewhat experimental, but the last real accident had been over 5 years prior. All the known bugs had been fixed, and a crash was statistically unlikely by this point...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:28 am

Max grumbles as he sits in the vehicle, pulling out another book and beginning to read it. Seeing as there was little else to do as they waited to get to the island, the merc kept his mind focused solely on his book...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:30 am

David slipped his assault rifle off his back and onto his lap, trying to focus on something other than the faint whirring of the Osprey's engines. He started to check the build of the gun, making sure the laser sight was functional, checking that the safety was on and that fire setting was on burst. He inspected its short barrel and stock, his eyes staring intently at the metal the weapon was made from.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 am

The Osprey's engine nacelles turned and fired up, letting the propellors rest while the aircraft made the rest of the trip at a suitable cruising altitude airplane-style...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 am

Riley soon pulled a pair of earbuds from his pocket and put them into both of his ears, before pulling out an MP3 player and turned it on. He started scrolling through the songs and stopped once he reached the music of his choice, letting it play a moment later...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:12 am

The island was relatively close, but they were only about halfway there when the pilot reported to Barnes via headset: "Sir, we have a bit of a problem." "What is it, pilot?" "I just got a report from Boxer's control tower. They said that the storm has changed directions, and it's heading right for the island." "That's not too bad. We'll just land, check out the situation as quickly as possible, and get out before the storm arrives." "I don't think that was will be as simple as we thought, sir." "What do you mean?" "Well, the winds seemed to have picked up, and they're pushing the storm here even faster than was suspected." Barnes cursed under his breath. "Alright then, so where do we stand?" "Well, sir, I think our only option is to land ASAP and ride out the storm before we get any work done." Barnes sighed. "I was afraid you were gonna say that." He turned to Dodgson. "We have a problem."

Dodgson listened intently as Barnes explained the situation, his expression growing ever more sour. By the time Barnes was done, Dodgson was leaning back, rubbing his temples. "We had better hope you're right about being masked by the storm, Lieutenant. Make sure Captain Matthews knows that we might be staying overnight." "The pilot's already on it, Mr. Dodgson." "Good..." Dodgson closed his eyes and thought. The feathered predators wouldn't be out in the rain, at least, and if Barnes was right, the larger animals wouldn't be able to smell them, and would probably have trouble seeing them at all...

Barnes barked aloud to the rest of the mercs, "Alright, change of plans! Make yourselves comfortable, because we won't be leaving this bird for a few hours! We're waiting out the storm on the island before we investigate the base. Anyone have any objections, speak now, so I can make sure you'll be the ones on lookout outside when we land!"
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:23 am

Rick's attention was drawn away from his thoughts when he heard Barnes reveal that they were staying in the Osprey for a few more hours than initially planned. However, the merc did not say anything, only thinking to himself:"I can take a few more hours in our transport. It'll give a little more time to be able to be somewhat relaxed before we have to get down to buisness once we get to the base."
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 am

Max simply grunts and continues reading his book. "Good thing I planned ahead," the mercenary thinks....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:18 am

Looks like Hiero was right, nature had once again done the unpredictable. Now it was simply a matter if the "animals" shared the same desire to break the mold. "Sir I was trained for Jungle combat, I think it would be ideal if I was apart of the watch," shouted Hiero over the noise of the Osprey's engines.
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:10 pm

"Good to know, Masaki," Barnes shouted back. "You'll be manning the rear gun when we land."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard