Pirates of the Caribbean RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:34 am

"Played with by a deity....that's a new story on me...but...me claim still stands, and you proved it to me yerself. ya've never known true love. hence yer hatred for it. i won't argue over it with ya, i can already see my chances of persuadin' ya are slim. but do me one favour. Yew girls can probably explain it to eachother better'n i can, and you're in a much better position ta do so than meself. later on, ask ms. Adeline abou' what it feels like. and when she tells ya, ask yerself: have you ever experienced that before? when you have your answer, tell me" said Severin, now completely serious, his relaxed, almost careless attitude assuming a new, unexpected seriousness that made it almost too obvious that this man had once been a very charismatic and influencial captain...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:42 am

Storm kept her stone cold glare and turned away from him. She had seen lovers and it always made her sick to her stomach. The smell of roses made her want to retch. She wouldn't be good for any man anyway. She shook her head and besides what man would want her? "My first and only love is the sea," she said with resignition.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby HorseGal » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:54 am

Adeline blushed and smiled softly when James hugged her affectionately. She closed her eyes and snuggled her head against his neck, sighing in content. Was this the perfect life for her? Yes, she thought. As she was enjoying the moment with James, her hand unconsciously went down to her stomach and stayed there. "Mmm, I'm loving this moment," she murmured warmly.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:33 pm

"You're not the only one" said James with a light smile. after a short while, he remembered something from a while ago, roughly around the time they were heading for Shipwreck Cove. remembering how Adeline had enjoyed it, James began humming Tia Dalma's locket tune...

"If ya say so, Lass. I suggest ya go ahead and ask her anyway though. if for nothin' else than ta pass the time while we're on our journey" said the elderly sailor before leaning back against the railing again, resting his old, tired eyes. in the shadows near the other end of the deck, a young man watched from the shadows, listening intently to the conversation while sitting on the bottom step of one of the stairs to the quarter deck, carving something out of a piece of wood...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Storm sighed, realizing that he wouldn't give up. "That's exactly why I became a pirate, I refuse to be reigned in by men," she hissed. "I refuse to be tied down to anything, but my own desires."
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:19 am

"Reigned in by men? what're ya talkin about, lass?" said Severin somewhat confusedly. was it an assumption? an accusation? what was it?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:44 am

Storm sneered. "Who rules this world, who gets all the benefits, all the freedom?" she asked. "And who always has to walk to walk one foot behind him? Who is expected to keep a spotless reputation or be a pariah for the rest of her life? Who always has to speak when spoken to? And even then, who is always to considered a fragile, pretty, little flower with not a thought in her head?!!" She turned away angrily and tapped the hilt of her sword in annoyance.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:50 am

Severin chuckled amusedly. "ya've got alot ta learn about Pirate history ma dear lass. haven't ya heard of Grace O'Malley? or Mary Read? or Anne Bonney? Lady Killegrew perhaps? the Seas around China have almost as many Woman Pirates as men! you pay too much attention to Aristocracy and not enough on yer own crowd. that can get ya killed ya know" he said, shifting so he was leaning forward and looking right at Storm. "Oi Shea! bring the lady a bottle o' rum, will ya?" he called over his shoulder. the young man on the steps grunted "you mean bring YOU a bottle o'Rum, right?" responded the young man with a chuckle, knowing him all to well. any excuse to drink. "ya ya, main thing is there are drinks here. i'm not in tha mood to get into another argument with theose pups below deck" responded Severin. Shea chuckled and went below deck to get a few drinks...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:26 am

Storm rolled her eyes. "I pay attention to society," she responded. "And I also pay attention in taverns." She turned around and leaned back against the railing. She took off her hat again and started to unbraid the rest of her hair.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 am

"Well obviously you haven't seen enough yet. another reason i say you may not be fit to run a crew...and for yer information, even the Tavernmaids are tough girls in most cases. they need ta be to be able ta do their jobs without gettin side tracked by drunks lookin' ta get some company for tha night. they let that happen, the tavern looses business because nobody's around to serve the tables, then her pay's cut by the tavern owner. and in alot of cases, families run taverns, so when the barmaids get distracted her old man...or old lady as i saw on Quebradas Costillas, makes sure to put whoever's distractin' her in their place...that's the way of the world, lassy...the tough girls survive, the weak ones...well, they drift off into nightmare after nightmare fer not bein careful. as for the Pirates...well, more often than not they build such fiersome reputations that their crews are careful how they act around 'em...though in the rare case every now and then it just takes some talent with a blade and fairness and respect ta keep the crew in line. if i remember correctly that's how Miss Adeline ran her crew before their trip ta rescue Cap'n Sparrow wrecked her ship. so now they share the Reaper" said the sailor as the distant thumping of Shea's boots slowly faded...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:53 am

Storm scoffed and turned her head away from him as she finally unbraided the last of it. She shook her head to make her hair looser and sighed in exasperation.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby HorseGal » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 am

Adeline listened to James' humming and sighed in thought. She wondered how Calypso was faring. Was she finally at peace? Did Davy Jones ever find peace as well? They must've, she thought. "Nice humming," she complimented softly.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 am

James chuckled. "I remember you liked it on our way to Shipwreck Cove, so i thought i'd remind you of the tune" he said...

Shea came up from below deck and brought the bottles to Severin and Storm, coming out of the shadows for the first time. he had been revealed to be a young looking man with a mild tan and short trimmed black hair, a pair of asian looking swords at either side of him and black pants and boots, a dark blue t-shirt-like top completing his effects. oddly enough, he didn't seem to have a beard or mustache, as if he had never had them at all. overall, he looked like a much younger version of Severin "there's yer rum ya old crackpot" said Shea with a chuckle. "ya know, sometimes i regret teachin ya how to be such a sharp tongued dog like me" responded Severin. "Hey, it runs in the family, i'd've turned out like this one way or another" responded Shea with a chuckle as he handed his father the drink, before passing a bottle to Storm...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby HorseGal » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:40 am

"Hm, you remember the little things so well." Adeline enjoyed the tune for a little while before thinking about Storm. She was an interesting girl, a little feisty, but she liked that there was another woman on the ship. "What do you think of Storm?"
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Shade » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:46 am

Storm looked at Shea curiously, then to Severin, then back. She shook her head and took a long drawn-out swig. "You two related?" she asked.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:51 am

"Yeah, father and son" said Shea as he went towards the railing and climbed onto it, laying down on it, his arms placed behind his head as he laid back...

"Storm?" asked James, taken by surprise by the question. "Well....she's very....delicate, if you can call it that. very sensitive on certain subjects. eager to prove herself and easily upset if someone even slightly hints that she isn't as great as she claims. she doesn't like to be underestimated or talked down upon in any way. she likes being in charge and hates it when she isn't" he said after several moments of thought...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 am

"Uh-huh," Storm said and took another swig. She placed her hat back on and sat down, getting tired of standing anyway.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby HorseGal » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:09 am

Adeline listened to James' opinion and said, "I think she is a little feisty. I see that she has a sort of...spirit in her. Maybe she still has some learning to do?" She thought back to when she first started out as a pirate, how inexperienced she was at first. It was just her and Allen on that British sloop that she commandeered a while back. My, how the times have changed, she thought.
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Shea twisted the top loose and tipped the bottle back, glugging a good mouthful of his own Rum, his father doing the same not far away. "Ya know, yer name's still a mystery" said Shea as he put the bottle down, pulled a piece of wood out of his pocket and continued to carve it with his dagger...

"Definately still has learning to do" said James with a chuckle. "eh...a few months on this ship and she'll be as much a season sailor as anyone else...i just hope she's not trying to pull anything" he added. looking over his shoulder and out the window, he said "the weather looks nice out there... you in the mood for a little walk in the moonlight while we wait for dinner?" he suggested as he took a last sip of his rum and put it down...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:08 am

"Storm," she responded and took another swig.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard