Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Jake ignored him, staring intently at the various consoles and equipment around the place. Everything here represented his father, everything was a symbol of how he was never home, of how he never gave a ****. It was like Gerald's life's work was laughing in Jake's face, and then the idea struck him, he just had to destroy it. Jake tipped the table with the chemicals over, the glass shattered making a solid puddle in the corner of the room. He stood back for a moment, almost in shock of what he just did. Jake scratched the back of his head for a second. "Maybe you aughta give me some space." he said under his breath to Kevin. "Lots of deep emotional **** going on right now I guess."
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 pm

"Uh..yeah...deep emotional ****. Take it out on expensive stuff why don't you" Kevin said, practically mumbling the last part. He decided to head about out onto the scaffolding, considering hurrying back to join up with the rest of the class. He hoped no one had noticed he and Jake's disappearance...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Jake opened up one of the consoles, a cluster of wires and boxes weaved between each-other. Jake had it in his mind to shut the power down in the whole facility, make business terrible for his dad. He took hold of a collection of wires and pulled, ripping them out of there sockets and bearings. The lights had yet to dim, Jake looked up in surprise that his attempts did nothing. He waited a second, listening carefully. The steady hum of the machine had changed. It was slowly getting louder, it was pulsating like a train heading down the track, closer and closer. The lighting began fluctuating dancing around the room, bouncing off walls almost like the caustics moving on an ocean floor. Jake's eyes widened. The machine was out of control, it was going to explode.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 pm

"Um...what..." Kevin said, rather dumbly as he turned back around to see the flashing light from the machine. It would grow bright and dim then brighten seconds later. He heard clamoring from below, the scientists and the group wondering what had happened. Then the crackling became loud, and sparks began to jump off the construct. A tremor shook the room, shaking off metal panels and exposing the core of the machine. A cylinder of coupled cables around a glowing, energetic ball that spun quickly on a perfect axis. Sparks jumped out from it as well, before the couplings all failed, the wide black cables shooting out from the contraption. They writhed as bolts of electricity jumped out from it and the sphere spun even faster, its shape distorting. "Jake get the **** out of there!" He yelled, though the machine's tantrum surely drowned out his voice to all. There was a low buzzing noise that rapidly increased in pitch before the orb destabilized. In a split second it had expanded, expelling a brilliant blue and golden glow, a wall of energy colliding with Kevin. He let out a pained cry, then all was dark. The lights throughout the facility had gone out. Only the occasional sparks illuminated the darkness.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 pm

A shock-wave of energy shattered the glass at the overlook Jake was in, sending him flying into a wall. Jake moaned as he tried getting up, a shard of glass stuck in his leg. The darkness made it hard to see but he felt a great deal of moisture below him. Like he had fallen in a puddle of water, he figured it was the chemicals he had spilled earlier. Jake looked on as a small fire built up near the base of the machine. He groaned as he tried pushing himself up to his feet. where the **** is Kevin he thought to himself, looking for the kid he brought along. As he got to his feet he stumbled, Jake was losing consciousness, and blood. He leaned against the entrance to the overlook, and looked up on the catwalk for Kevin.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Keven felt for the railing, his muscles jittering, his body trembling. He couldn't see anything that wasn't bathed in the yellow and orange glow of flames. The machine had failed catastrophically. The doorway was warped by the blast, and red hot bits of metal littered the room. The silhouette of Jake's body stood out, his form dark against the bright background. "Aw damn it..." Kevin muttered as he pulled himself from the catwalk, wondering if it was still safe to walk on the platform. Standing once again, Kevin staggered forwards. "Get your *** over here!" He yelled, unable to see his condition clearly.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:39 pm

"Aw **** your still alive" Jake exclaimed, a sort of relief came over him, this disaster would be hard enough to get over if he had accidentally killed someone in the process. Jake let out a few coughs before slipping onto one knee, his leg gave way as he continued holding onto the door. Jake gripped the glass shard in his shin and pulled, it came out clean yet shattered in his hand as he was gripping it to hard. He grunted in pain trying to get a good look at himself but not being able to find a good light source. But he wasn't about to wait for the fire to build up, Jake tried standing again, only falling to his knees, he spat out a bit of blood, crawling a ways. "This...This was supposed to be an emergency exit." Jake stammered between coughs. "There's a door back there, leads back to the entrance hall."
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Lydia let out a long sigh, pulling her brown hair into a messy ponytail as she prepared to help with adjusting the solutions they were using. At present most of them were a shade of crimson, and had to be labeled carefully. They'd had a few nasty mutations and swift deaths because someone had, by accident, mixed two incompatible animals and then injected the mix into the host. "So far the bat seems to be working the best," she observed, joining Sam at his table and taking a hot beaker carefully from its stand with a set of metal tongs. "maybe we should stop trying with other animals and improve what works." "We will," he told her, "once we know if it's really working or if he's just taking longer to die than the others."
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 pm

"The emergency exit....we took it and then ******* caused the emergency" said Kevin as he made his way forward, stepping back into the reactor chamber a few moments later. The catwalk creaked with every step he took, and the resonance of the explosion still caused the facility to shake. Just as he stepped off of the platform, it gave out, collapsing in upon itself with a dreadful groan. The thud of impact was blended with that of shattering glass and the screeching of strained metal. "Oh....fuuuuuck" Kevin said before lifting Jake up by the shoulders and then slinging on arm across his back, supporting the injured boy from under.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Jake spat again, the metallic taste of blood sat in his mouth. "After this... I really need something to drink." he said. It was dark in the room, but Jake knew the door was near the corner of the observation area. The power conduits sparked briefly illuminating the room, giving the two a more exact position of the door. "Right there..." Jake pointed tiredly.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:05 am

"Right" Kevin said, his voice having a hint of surprise. He had just been blasted with some raw form of energy that surged right through his body. He felt as sturdy as pudding as he shivered and trembled, yet he seemed to be perfectly fine disregarding that fact. He had enough strength to not only stand, but carry Jake too. "Must be that survival instinct people have in the face of danger..." He thought, walking over to the door as a deep rumbling ran through the walls around him, as if the facility had come to life and was reeling in pain...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 am

Jake stared on intensely, his eyes halfway open. He reached out to the door pushing down on the handle and letting them through. The entrance hall was a mess, employees and school children alike were swarming the doors trying to get out before one another. All of them were panicked, no sign of unity or calm exit, they all ran for the exit. Jake didn't think it was because they were ill prepared for disaster, more like they just never expected it to happen there. The sound of hundreds of shouting people was nearly overwhelming at first, it was hard to push the door open all the way because so many people where bumping into it. Jake finally shoved the door, hitting one of the employees in the face with it and giving the two enough time to squeeze out. The employee, now bleeding would have promptly yelled at them, but they were already gone, Jake and Kevin would be carried outside by the river like current of people.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 am

Before he knew it, Kevin was out from the dark and into the daylight. His eyes hurt from the sudden exposure, but relief came over him that he would out of the building, which seemed just about to cave in on itself when one was on the inside. Kevin saw that the class had escaped the building and were now grouped up at the buses, with Mr. Zimmer counting heads. He quickly walked over to them. The teacher looked over and yelled "Boys! Where did you two go?!"
"Jake fell down and got hurt when the lights went out" Kevin lied. "By time I got him out of the display area, you all had left already, right Jake?"
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 am

Kala stiffened as his suit picked up a massive surge of... some kind of energy. He could tell it was immense because his suit had detected it from more than a few blocks away. Even more interesting, the energy itself was unusual, to say the least. Certainly not something a race as primitive as these humans had widespread access to, he was sure of that. Today must have been his lucky day. Whatever that was, it may be coming from something he could use to repair his ship... if it wasn't a pile of ash by now. No doubt the surge was from some sort of overload or explosion, but it clearly wasn't major, or he probably would've felt it, rather than just picked up the residual energy from it. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, he moved out of the alley after recloaking, and went off in the general direction of the surge's source. He could at least investigate the situation from a distance and see if it was worth the effort...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 am

Jake nodded, nearly out of breath. "Yeah..." he managed to say, looking back to the building as people poured out. "I fell in some glass, probably wouldn't have made it out if it weren't for Kevin." Jake took a moment to look at himself. He was a bleeding mess, small pieces of glass where stuck in his skin from the window shattering. Jake let out a breath, looking back up to the teacher. "Good field trip huh?" he smiled, his teeth where tinted red from spitting out blood.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 am

"...Paramedics will be here soon enough" Mr. Zimmer replied, finding it a bit hard to look at Jake in his condition. He lifted the injured boy off of Kevin's shoulders and held him up himself. "And what about you Kevin?" Albert asked. "I'm fine. Luckily" Kevin responded. "A bit shaken, but fine"

Just then the faint blaring of sirens reached his ears, the sound permeating the city. It seemed the bustling city quieted down once the sirens went off, heeding the fact that somewhere, misfortune had struck swiftly and harshly...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 am

Two ambulances pulled up by the students, one for check ups and another for obvious injuries. Jake was loaded into that one where they began cleaning up injuries and determining his condition. Glass, though all over the place never reached any vital points, and though he had lost a lot of blood he did not need a transfusion. The EMTs where bandaging him up while interviewing him on the matter. "So you took a tumble into some glass..." a woman asked. "Yeah and that's all" Jake responded, tired he rubbed some sweat off his forehead taking a last look at the open gash in his shin before it was covered in Gauss. "And your sure you're fine?" The woman asked. "Yeah... Yeah." Jake replied, he felt a strange sensation in his arm, he looked at it, for a split second it wobbled, almost jello like. Jake blinked trying to detect what went wrong. "Perfectly fine..." he said, staring oddly at his arm. He heard a shouting of sorts in the crowd, a familiar voice. Gerald was pushing through the EMTs yelling something Jake's way. "WHAT'D YOU DO!? WHAT DID YOU DO!?" He was furious, Jake looked at him blankly, just before the EMTs closed the door to the ambulance he smiled at his father, he only got a glimpse of his face before all he saw was the clean metal on the inside of the ambulance doors. He was asked to lay down as they took him to the hospital.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 am

Aya soon drove up to her favorite breakfast stand: The golden Donut. Of course, they served more than just donuts there, but why would she get anything otherwise? to her surpise, the store seemed rather empty- which was odd, because it was extremely popular in this area of the city. Whatever, the reason, Aya left her vehicle, picked up her newspaper, and headed inside.

"Ah, why hello, Aya!" a young man, maybe 24 years old, said as the officer entered.

"Hello, Ryan," Aya replied.

"The usual, I'd assume?" Ryan asked.

"Yes, please," Aya said. "So where is everyone? It's usually a lot more busy at this time of the day."

"I dunno," Ryan said as he got her donut and coffee ready. "I'm just as confused as you are. maybe people just felt like eating at home today, or they had something better to do."

"Whatever," Aya replied. "They already called me in this morning. Weird calls, too."

"Oh?" Ryan said as he placed her food on the counter. "That'll be $7.95."

Aya gives him the money before taking the food to her table.

"Something about these robots attacking people."

"Yeah, that IS wierd."

Aya sipped out of her coffee and began playing her sudoku game. "Anything up with you?"

"Nothing much," Ryan said. "Gonna go to the Museum with my lady. What about you?"

"Eh, the usual," Aya replied. "Gotta go investigate some stuff, arrested someone for DUI yesterday.... nothing too special. Except for the robots, of course. That was new."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 am

Shortly after, Kevin's own father appeared, his gray van pulling up in front of the leading bus. Several other cars had appeared, parents of the students leaving work and getting to Holden-Corp once word of the incident reached them. Archie Anderson got out of his car and sprinted over to his son, not saying anything before he started to inspect the boy for bruises and cuts. "Dad I'm fine!" Kevin insisted, not liking the look of panic that plagued his father's expression. "You have no idea how worried I was, Kevin. I think I ran a few stop lights on my way over here" The elder Anderson said, before wrapping his arms around Kevin. He already lost his wife, he didn't need to lose his only child. "Aw damn..." Kevin thought, thinking back to the few words he and his father shared that morning. They could have been the very last memory of him his father had. It scared him. He began to shake again. "Come. Lets get you home" Archie said after a moment, letting go of Kevin and escorting him back to the van.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 am

Kala leaped from roof to roof, speeding towards the source of the energy surge as quickly as his suit could carry him. He didn't quite know what he was going to find, but it was the first real lead he had since he had landed on this godforsaken rock, and he'd be d*mned if he was going to let this slide...

Kala wasn't the only Cephian who had picked up the energy surge. Bate and the Trooper were on a rooftop only a block or two away from the source. "Let's check it out," Bate growled. "If we picked it up, Kala certainly did as well..."
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard