Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Postby C S » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Galaak stepped off of the crescent wing and into the shallow, dark water. While it was difficult to see into the murky pool, he was well aware of the various life forms around him. His suit acted as a relay with his ship, extending the range of the bio-scanner. Any organic signatures were recorded and the explorer notified of their presence. He began to wade through the water as waist level, constantly looking back and forth as blips appeared on his visor, marking the general location of surrounding creatures. A relatively large blip appeared in front of him, and with an upward sweeping motion of an arm, pulled a turtle out from the shallow, the amphibian suspended in an undulating orb of clear water. The black and brown shelled turtle, seemingly taken by surprise, spun itself about repeatedly as if it was investigating the bubble it was now in. After a short moment of observation, Galaak eased it back into the water by slowly lowering his arm before moving on
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:53 am

Aya was on her way to last known coordinates of the pint-sized monsters. She was sure that there were multiple polcie on their way or already near where the creatures were, not to mention some to check out the shooting earlier and whatever crimes that she had not been told about...

Max was enthralled in the film that was playing on the screen. He didn't go out often with his friends, due to the call of his duties, so hanging out with them all was quite a treat. Even when Matthew was on his eating rampages, or Harry was feeling extra whiny, or Dave was being.... well, Dave.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby dinoman666 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Bate and the Trooper slowed to a stop as they reached the outskirts of Los Diamantes, the Cephian soldier looking around at the comparatively primitive structures in the distance. "Activate your cloaking tracker," Bate ordered the Trooper. Judging by the human natives' technology, they had yet to truly master cloaking devices. In addition, Kala's own cloaking device in his suit made him a very obvious target (as if he didn't stick out enough already). As the Trooper moved forward again, Bate couldn't suppress a chuckle. This would be way too easy...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 pm

"Aquatic and semi-aquatic bio forms cataloged and archived. To think life more complex than bacteria exist in this part of the galaxy" Galaak commented, brushing past drooping marsh grass. Many planets that he observed were barren in this galactic sector, and those that had potential to hold life were lacking key factors, be it a sustained atmosphere to maintain temperatures or a constant habitable distance from their star. It was quite fortunate that his ship came across the energy trail, or it might have taken years for him to come across this world.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 pm

In a small building near the edge of town, located in the marshland outside the city, Jackson and his troop were planning something big.

"We've been doing small, worthless raids for far too long!" Jack announced. "We have shed much blood in the past few years, and have gained little to show for it."

"What are you suggesting, boss?" one of his thugs asked.

"We NEED to make our move," Lynch growled. "We must gain more resources. Guns and vests are nice, but we need.... MORE."

Jackson's rat squeaked with hunger as he dropped in its daily food supply.

"More what?" another thug asked, this one decked out in riot police gear.

"Money, drugs, ANYTHING. Our power is pathetic! The most people don't even know we exist! I want the city crawling on its hands and knees before us, begging for mercy!" He slammed his fist into the table to get his point across. "I'm saying we gotta raid the main bank. We're gotta do it, and few people have been crazy enough to try it. We'll be the first to succeed, "Jackson said. "We'll head out when the sun goes down and break in. Hopefully there's not too many witnesses we'll have to kill. Any questions?"

"Are you nuts?! We'll get ourselves killed!" a relatively new member to the gang shouted.

Jackson whipped out his magnum and blasted the poor fellow in the head, his body fallnig to the floor in a limp heap. "Any other questions?"

All the thugs shake their heads. "Good. Then tonight it is."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:57 pm

The robots were already long gone shortly after their attack, leaving the unfortunate would-be thief laying unconscious near the parked vehicle...
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:54 am

Jake sat in his bed in the corner of the room, staring blankly at the ceiling. He looked to the clock and sighed at the time. The day had hardly begun and he was already bored. Though school was not by any means an appealing prospect, it was at least a bit more interesting than this. Nothing good aired on the television anymore. It was all "reality" television or sports casting, gone was the programming that entertained him throughout his youth. He looked to the clock again, as if time would have suddenly, and unexpectedly jumped but a minute hadn't even passed. Jake let out a heavy breath before sitting up, he threw his feet over the side of the bed, pushing off and roaming out of his room. He moved through the hallways, past mounted photos, a collection of pictures that chronicled his Dad's success. There were no family photos, no glimpses of the fabled father and son relationship. If someone were to visit there would be little evidence Gerald had a son at all.
Jake never complained, Gerald rejected him as a son, and he rejected Gerald as a father. As long as they keep their distance from each other, and Jake never gets thrown in jail the both of them couldn't be happier with the way things are. Jake stepped down each stair, his tensed muscles ached with each step, but they slowly loosened as he moved. He was back in the kitchen, opening the fridge only to grab a soda. He immediately turned and went down a second flight of stairs into the garage/basement. The place was littered with all sorts of workout equipment, a big punching bag hung near the center. Two sports cars sat just outside the garage, no one drove them. They were practically decorations very, expensive decorations.
Jake trailed through the garage, heading into a door on the side, which led to another set of stairs, going down it met up with a thick wood door. He opened it stepping into a sort of home laboratory. When Gerald wasn't at work, he was here. Various dressers and file cabinets lined the walls, holding a great deal of information his father had collected over the decades. "Despite being a part time scum-bag, you are an incredible worker, Gerald... I'll give you that." Jake muttered to himself. Part of the reason Holden-corp is as well off as it is now is because Gerald didn't use to be a millionaire CEO. At one point he was a working stiff like many of the scientists he employs. All, if not most of the data and research that has revolutionized the genetic weapons industry, and put Holden-corp on the map was found and collected by Gerald himself.
"Looking for something Jake?" a voice sounded from the corner of the room. Jake glanced over at a balding man sitting on a stool near a vault engraved in the wall. Jake continued examining the room, "Morning Charles, I missed the school bus..." he said, examining the older model computer sitting on the desk in the corner, barely visible amongst the stacks of documents and notes that surrounded it. "I was thinking you could make yourself useful and we could drive to Holden-corp, meet up with my class there." he continued. Charles nodded, he folded a corner on the book he was reading, pushing off the stool and guiding Jake back through the garage, and to a small, black car.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:30 am

Aya soon arrived at the scene of the last known attack. She exited her vehicle, seeing that the woman was also already taken to the ambulence, and two cops were already on the scene. "How am I always late?" Aya thought to herself.

"What happened this time?" Aya asked. She could already guess, but it was better for her to make sure than to jump to conclusions.

"Well," the cop replied, "It was the same story- or so we could assume. There were no witnesses this time. People only heard her frantic screams and what sounded like a metallic voice before everything went silent."

"It seems that the bots aren't aiming to kill people, either," another cop said. "Both reports say that the victims, while seriously injured, would recover from the damage done to them."

"So they're aiming to cripple?" Aya asked.

"Maybe they think they're being helpful or something," the previous officer said. "Whatever it is, we've got to capture these things sooner or later. With two injured already, who knows how long this could go on (and how many people will get hurt) if we don't stop them in their tracks."

Aya nodded. This was already shaping up to be an odd week.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 am

Tiffany opened up the door to the bathroom and looked inside. It wasn't a particularly large bathroom, with all the standard things an average bathroom had. She moved toward the mirror hanging over the sink, before opening it up. Just as she had hoped, there were the band-aids, the medical wraps, and the pain-killr medicine.She grabbed what she needed and ran out of the bathroom. Now that she had the medical supplies, all she needed now was to ca-

A sharp beep rung into her ears, diverting her attention from what she was doing. She left the urge to slap herself on the forehead. That was a sound that was only made when the fridge was opened up, which meant... "Are you kidding me?!" Tiffany groaned as she turned around and headed once more for the kitchen/dining room...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:52 am

Kevin stared out if the window framed by black steel, watching the people pass by and the buildings gradually get larger and larger until the skyline in the distance was filled with spires, the imposing monuments of Los Diamantes' businesses and corporations. The buses came to a gray bridge over a large inlet that cut through the city. Passing underneath its arced base were watercraft of various shapes and sizes, from ferries to modest tug boats powering through the dark blue waves, leaving a foamy trail of white in their wake. "Almost there" Kevin thought as the bus started the drive over to the next district...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Jake sat in silence, blankly staring ahead as he and Charles drove to Holden-corp. The trip had for the most part been quiet, both Jake and Charles awkwardly waited for the other to say something. Finally, it was Charles to break the silence, "What happened?" he asked. "hmmm?" Jake wasn't paying attention until this point. "Who'd you fight, and why?" Charles questioned. Jake felt the bruise on his cheek, "Nothing escapes you, Charles." Jake danced around the subject, maybe if they made it to Holden-corp first he could avoid the conversation all together. "Who'd you fight, and why?" Charles repeated, not letting up. Jake let out a sigh, "Randy... Randy Weston, kid in my biology class." Jake swallowed, looking briefly to Charles. "continue..." Charles demanded. "He uh... he told me I'd be nothing without my fathers money, it pissed me off needless to say. So after class... I threw the first punch." the car was silent again. It was nearly a minute before Charles spoke again. "Did you win?" Jake was surprised by the question. "Yeah, I won. All he did was throw hay-makers, I ducked one and came up with an uppercut, knocked him out, whole school saw it. We were in the courtyard." The car fell back into silence, Charles was the closest thing Jake had to a father figure. Gerald was never there and never really cared when he was. Charles pushed Jake when he needed to be pushed and left him alone when he needed to be left alone. Jake always appreciated Charles for those small things.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Idle chatter and the sound of various electronics reigned supreme in the bus as it passed through the busy early morning streets, covering good distances in between stop lights. A few kids ahead of Kevin were talking about the likelihood of the class getting an assignment based on the trip before one of them said they were glad to be out of class, regardless. The kids behind him were listening to their music players, earphones on. The beats of the songs were barely audible and blended together into some strange collaboration of sound. While the others had their conversations and their entertainment devices, Kevin had the window that he braced against, staring out at the city around him. In just a few more years, he would be a part of it, holding a job and joining the people constantly passing through along the sidewalk. A normal citizen going about his days...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm

The black car pulled up to the curb next to Holden-Corp, Jake looked out the window at the building, It had a huge base, stacked on top was floor after floor of office and laboratory, but he knew this was just for show. The real work was done below ground, in a much larger facility, that's what the school group was coming for, what his dad was undoubtedly going to show, his life's work. Jake looked forward, seeing the buses down the street. He opened the door and stepped out of the car, nodding to Charles who promptly drove off. Jake took a seat on the stairs and waited for the buses, when they got here he'd merge with the crowd, hopefully the teachers didn't notice his absence.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 pm

The buses pulled up along the pavement just after Charles drove off, the doors opening almost simultaneously. The visiting students and their respective teachers poured out onto the sidewalk, gazing at the building. Some of the class seemed uninterested, some pretended not to care but were secretly excited about what they would see. Others were chatting on about Holden-Corp's achievements, trying to sound knowledgeable to their peers and educators, while a few were talking about things completely unrelated and were flirting with each other, though their efforts were hindered by the unromantic location.

"Hey, isn't that Holden's son right over there?" Kevin heard someone say in a hushed voice. He looked to the stairs of the building, spotting the lone boy. "They say he's got something building up under the surface. Possible maniac. Best not screw around with him, or he'll use his dad's money to buy a gun and shoot up the school!" Another said before chuckling and snickering broke out in a small group. Kevin hadn't seen the fight. He was in class at the time, but he kept hearing about it. People kept making fun of the boy's bruises behind his back, and pestered the defeated bully even more. "Good to see everyone's here for the science..." He thought, somewhat annoyed.

"Mister Holden?" One of the teachers said to Jake, wearing a white button up shirt and black pants and shoes. He could have passed for one of the workers for Holden-Corp. "Decided that the buses were not for someone of your...stature, I see. I assume your father dropped you off here?" He asked
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Jake got off of the stairs, looking to the teacher, preparing his witty comment. "Nah, I nearly missed the bus, so I wound up riding on top of the damn thing. Crazy huh?"
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:09 pm

"If only you put the effort into your school work. Then you would be just as smart in the head as you are in the mouth" the teacher, Mr. Albert Zimmer said to Jake. "Join the rest of the class if you will, Jake, before your field trip turns into one to your father's office, for a discussion about your behavior" He added, pointing to the line of students that had started to enter Holden-Corp's facility...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:12 pm

"So what's the plan?" one of the thugs asked Jackson. He wanted this to go on without a hitch.

"Alright, so as I said, we will be heading there around sunset," the man said. "I want two mento enter first to see how many witnesses there are. After, we all charge in, take the money, and shoot anyone who's in there. Hopefully we get far enough away from the bank before the police end up on our trail."

The thug replied, "Sounds risky. Will we have some of our men cover our backs in case someone tries to escape?"

"No ****," Jackson growled. "Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

Jackson coughed before he popped some more of his pills into his mouth.

"Sorry sir." The thug backed off and headed into the backrooms, leaving Jackson alone...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

"Yes Mr. Zimmer sir!" Jake mocked, he walked past the teacher and into the crowd of kids. He made his way through the crowd, not wanting to be at the butt end of the pack. He then found what he was looking for. Jake outstretched his hand and patted the back of Randy, who then turned to look at what had touched him. Jake admired his work, Randy had one black eye, his ear was cut, and he had a large bruise on the side of his face that stretched to his temple. Jake nodded before pushing past, he knew the fight had raised a few eyebrows, and that kids making fun of him. But he also knew there was a new-found respect, most kids wouldn't look him in the eye, Randy wasn't just any pushover, he was on the football team. Jake had claimed a status in the school that he had been waiting for. As far as he could tell, he owned these kids. It didn't matter what they thought of him, fear was a weapon Jake was used to wielding. He pushed past a few more people finally making himself comfortable near the middle of the pack, next to Kevin and a few other kids.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

"Freshmen..." Mr. Zimmer muttered under his breath before realizing that by the end of the day, he couldn't call Jake that anymore. He would still probably be a trouble maker with a quick tongue after the trip and he will probably remain that was next semester, but he couldn't call him freshman anymore. There were several other things he'd like to address him as, but they would get him fired most likely...

Kevin stepped into the main hall of the building, the floors a dark marble with various streaks of white and gray swerving across it. In the distance was a large desk, though only one person was sitting there. A few yards ahead of said desk was a sculpture of the world and around it were intersecting ellipses, like those found on the model of an atom...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Kala's time spent recharging was also spent tracking signals from all over the city. He had managed to nail down the language--more or less--so communicating, if it came down to that, wouldn't be too much of an issue.However, he had also run out of patience. He needed to find a way off this planet in one piece, before someone he didn't want to meet with found him first. He had a sneaking suspicion that so-called engine failure wasn't an accident. Regardless, he still needed to find the right materials to fix his damaged engine, so he decided to move out again, a little ahead of his intended schedule...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard