Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:39 am

"So here it is..." Galaak thought as he looked along the hull of the crashed Cephian ship. Splatters of mud were strewn across its plating and it was buried a considerable distance in the soft, moist ground, though now the area around the ship was dry and turning a dead, pale color. The heat of impact and residing radiation did not do the soil any favors. The ship's cockpit was exposed and there were signs that the captain had left the crash site. There were also signs that their pursuers had passed not too long ago. Intent on gathering whatever information he could, Galaak walked around the craft, scanners active. Various details about the ship appeared on his displays, from hull alloy composition to the damage it took from the crash landing...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:44 am

There was a metallic click as someone leveled a gun behind Galaak's head. Zakai had stayed at the crash site to keep watch until Bate returned. Knowing that the Ascatian would probably show up again, he decided to make his presence minimal, just to be safe. And now, he had him right where he wanted him. "I thought we told you not to go snooping around in OUR business, Ascatian," Zakai snarled, finger on the trigger of his rifle, red visors in place of eyes burning into the back of Galaak's skull...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 am

"Your business was with the pilot of this craft. My business is the area the craft landed in" Galaak replied, not surprised by the confrontation. He had long detected the Cephian's energy signature but paid no mind to it. He was simply carrying out his observation. "He is a careless one, the 'criminal'..." Galaak went onto say, shaking his head. "Leaving his command console open to the elements like this. Even if one is crash landed, they should always consider the threat of contamination"
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 am

Zakai ignored him. "I suggest you take your leave," he growled, pressing the rifle to Galaak's head for extra weight to his warning. "It's either that, or you can feel free to assist us in capturing the criminal and bringing him to justice. The Cephian Primacy would certainly appreciate it. Or, of course, you can continue to interfere with a military investigation and be executed by myself and my men. Your decision, friend..."

Kala stared out over the entrance to the Holden-Corp building. It seems the explosion attracted quite a bit of attention. Human vehicles, including several of the emergency ones, were scattered around the front door, of various shapes and sizes. His suit cataloged them all for later reference. He also looked over the crowd of distressed natives, clearly concerned about what happened. Too many people. He needed to sneak past them and get inside. Fortunately, he had his cloaking device, and if the building had been mostly evacuated, he likely wouldn't need it inside. Climbing carefully down from his perch (after the last incident, he had been VERY observant of the places he stood at this height), Kala skittered quietly to the ground on the opposite side of the street from the building...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:12 am

A dense chunk of ice collided with the barrel of the Cephian's rifle, the Ascatian using his command of the water in the ground to his aid, drawing it up quickly and using its frozen state to knock the weapon off target. Spinning in place, Galaak gripped the handle of his Arc Accentuator with one hand and pulled it off his back, holding the pulsating pronged end to the mercenary's visor. "Do you like negotiating behind the business end of a weapon? I do not" Galaak said, lowering the gun, the crackling electricity deceptively beautiful despite its deadliness. "Now, if you are willing to give me details about the circumstances, I would be happy to see what I can do to help you with your mission." He added. Civility was fleeting in the galaxy it seems.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 am

Zakai instinctively raised his weapon again, only to meet with Galaak's own in his face. After the Ascatian spoke, however, Zakai holstered his weapon and crossed his arms. "Very well," he growled bitterly. "This criminal has been held responsible for stealing a highly classified piece of war materiel. A prototype suit for our special operations soldiers. The finest piece of Cephian weaponry money can buy. And some low-life thief managed to steal it." He scoffed. "I don't know how, and I don't really care, because the Primacy considered it important enough to lend me a significant amount of suits and automated drones to accomplish my task. I am to bring the criminal in for trial, or kill him if he doesn't cooperate. The bounty on his head if worth more than your ship by this point, no doubt. This thievery is just one crime of many, in fact. He has done a lot of... morally dubious things in his illustrious career..." Zakai wasn't giving him everything, of course. Some of his reasons were too personal to share with some random Ascatian explorer...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 am

"To amass such a record was foolish. Fleeing to a galactic backwater like this was even more foolish. Fools are dangerous" Galaak mused, returning his rifle to its place on his back. "I will do what I can to help in your quest while I am on my own duties, though I must warn you once more; your target isn't your only priority. I would watch out for that bounty hunter you mentioned before. If that suit is as valuable as you say, then the hunter will most likely try to claim both the reward and the armor himself. And if he is stupid enough to attempt such a thing, then he is one of the most dangerous foes you will have to contend with, I guarantee it" He said, his deep voice taking a grim tone. Galaak heard about and saw bounty hunters betray their allegiances more times than he could count, and if he decided to archive those instances, he would be wasting a lot of space in his databanks.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 am

Zakai folded his arms behind his back. "There's the problem. That bounty hunter? He IS the thief. He's the one who betrayed his Primacy for his own personal wealth and fled here. Frankly, it is disgusting," the Cephian said, putting on his "patriotic" mask. "I was given two of our military's best soldiers and some of our most advanced technology to track him down. On top of that, I know him myself, to some degree. I know his behaviors, his possible plans of action. Finding him will be a simple enough affair. Catching him is a different story entirely."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 am

Jake shook in the small bed in the ambulance, the woman beside him looked at him worriedly. "Are you alright?" she asked. "I'm fine..." Jake responded, he felt a chilling sensation in his body, he assured himself he just had a cold but this was far worse than he's ever felt from a common cold. Jake rolled over, trying to get comfortable. He looked down, noticing his arm, the same one that had moved strangely earlier. It wobbled again, Jake gazed at it, curious what was wrong with it. Was he just seeing things? A single bony protrusion tore through the skin and flesh at the base of his wrist. Jake jolted, alarmed at what he saw, another, and another. Ripping through the skin they clumped together like a set of scales appearing on his arm. The effect climbed up to his elbow, going further and further. "WHAT IS THAT!?" the lady in the ambulance screamed, backing into the corner of the ambulance. Jake yelped in pain as his hand grew in size, muscles bulged as the effect spanned across his body. He smashed his arm into the side of the ambulance, a stark pain shook his body, he trembled in anguish as he tried to get up the EMT lady screamed continuously as Jake became more and more grotesque. The ambulance driver looked back in horror at what was unfolding, it was that brief second that he ran a red light and was immediately hit from the side by a semi truck. The ambulance rolled several times, chunks of it flew out, the doors swung open leaving a trail of medical supplies in its wake. It finally settled a good 50 feet from the semi. Jake laid in the middle of the vehicle, he picked himself up looking at his arm, noticing it was perfectly normal. Jake felt for the bony protrusions but found nothing. Confused and injured he looked over to the EMT lady, laying near where he was on what was the side of the ambulance. He checked for a pulse but found nothing, she was dead, as was the second man in the back of the ambulance. Driver was obviously dead too, his blood was sprayed across the windshield and his head was dented inwards from the impact. "****..." Jake said, realizing aside from previous injuries he was almost unscathed. He crawled out of the ambulance, looking to see if anyone saw him. A crowd had already gathered. Jake didn't want to be seen, he didn't want to go through another check up, and he didn't want to be caught up in all of this again. His first instinct was to run, despite it not being the best idea. People stepped aside, looking at him funny. Like they'd seen a ghost. Unknown to Jake his face was completely void of all distinguishing features. He had no eyes, no nose, no mouth, everything was all smoothed over. He broke through the crowd running into an alleyway, he only wanted to be home.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:16 am

Max was getting uncomfortable in the theater. He didn't know why..... perhaps it was the number of individuals in one place that was irking him, or if it was the loud noise of the screen, or MATT'S DISGUSTING EATING HABITS.... whatever it was, he felt the need to get some fresh air. He patted Dave on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" his friend hissed, his voice almost dripping with menace.

"I'm going to get some fresh air," Max said. "Save my seat."

Dave grumbled before replying, "Alright. Don't take too long, alright?"

Max soon got up and began to scoot himself out of the row and headed to exit the theater...

As Aya sipped her coffee and played Sudoku, Ryan remembered something he had wanted to talk to her about.

"Oh, Aya?"

"YES?" Aya said, pretending to be irritated. She wasn't really irritated, but seeing him flinch when she raised her voice never failed to make her chuckle.

Ryan paused for a moment out of shock, but quickly got over it and spoke. "Do you remember The Stalwart Crew?"

Aya nearly choked on her coffee at the mention of their name. Few people knew of their existence, and, while they were small, they were infamous in the downtown region for multiple armed robberies and a nasty habit of killing witnesses and hostages. In fact, the gang had claimed her one and only partner. She was heartbroken and hates them with a passion, specifically Jackson Lynch, their leader.

"Yes, I remember them," Aya said in a grave tone that was tinged with anger and remorse.

"Well, I've heard rumors that they're planning something big," Ryan said.

"How big?" Aya inquired.

"I don't know. I only know because one of my buddies heard some of his men talking about a heist of some kind about a week ago, and that he wanted them to meet up at their hideout about a half hour ago. I'd assume it involves robbing the big bank, since there's really nothing too large to rob in Downtown."

"If what you're saying is true..." Aya paused. "Oh god. Does your friend know when they planned to do this?"

"No," Ryan replied. "He's just glad the ******** didn't shoot him."
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Pyronychus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:49 am

The beady eyes of a glossy black bird stared intently down from the top of a parking lot lamp post at a woman who had just walked out of a supermarket with a large cart stuffed full of food items. Perched precariously on top of the mountain of goods were several boxes that might have been just small enough for the bird to pick up if she got the angle right. Maybe. Just Maybe, thought the bird, scrutinizing some of the larger items in the cart and picking out possible targets. A bag of chips, some microwave dinners, a quart of orange juice; all within easy reach and small enough to get away with relatively quickly. As the woman came closer and finally stopped the cart near the back of her car, ready to open the trunk and load in the items, the bird hopped into the air with a single flap of her ebony wings and soared down, straight toward the heaped groceries. In one swift motion, she flared her wings, flung her claws forward, dug them under the edge of the plastic window of the topmost package, and flapped away across the parking lot with it, purposely staying low to the ground. She heard the woman scream, in fright or anger she couldn't tell, and promptly released her grip, the box clattering to the pavement, spilling a white trail of rice across an empty parking space. She swooped up and away, watching as the shocked woman stared disbelievingly at her before walking over toward the dropped package. Taking a steep nosedive, the raven headed toward the row of cars next to the one the woman's car was parked in and shot down behind them, flaring and landing in the shadow of a large SUV. Instantly, the bird began to grow, her body twisting and reshaping itself, her glossy feathers melting together and lightening in color, her beak being sucked back into her face as it flattened, brown hair sprouting out of her misshapen skull. Within a few seconds, where once stood a raven, now crouched a teenage girl, her black feathers having given way to a black sweatshirt with a distinctive wing-like pattern on the back, her jeans and shoes looking as though they had seen too much use in too short a time. As soon as her transition was complete, she leaped to her feet and bolted out from between the cars, running straight to the now undefended shopping cart. As she skidded to a stop and plunged her hands in, she heard an angry yell from the shopper, but ignored it, knowing she had only seconds to spare. She pulled out the chips, orange juice and one of the microwave dinners before spinning around and bolting away toward the supermarket. Her heart beat fast in her throat as she pounded down the pavement at full tilt and headed for the corner of the building. She knew from experience that there was another parking lot alongside the building that usually remained mostly empty. Knowing a security guard would probably be quick to respond to the angry shouts of the woman behind her, the girl rounded the corner with her stolen food, ran for the nearest empty parking space that was out of the woman's view, and threw herself into a crouch on the tarmac, holding the food close. As quickly as before, her body started to warp and grow. "Over there!" screeched the woman to the officer who had just stepped out of the market. "She went that way!" It took a few moments for the guard and shopper to run to the edge of the building and peer around at... a quiet parking lot, completely empty except for one dark blue Ford Ranger pickup. The officer gave her a skeptical look. "Are you sure she went this way?" "Yes! She went around this corner, I'm telling you!" The two turned away, the shopper continuing to assure the officer of what she had seen. Meanwhile, the driverless truck, with three stolen food items tucked safely behind the driver's seat, started its engine, backed up, and rolled out of the supermarket parking lot...

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby C S » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 am

"Most things in the universe are rarely easy to do" Galaak replied, most of his attention back to the energy trails still residing in the area. From what his readouts showed, the criminal and his two pursuers had made their way to the large metropolis in the distance. He cringed inwardly. A thief with an advanced combat suit and two undoubtedly heavily armed mercenaries running around a primitive population center was an alarming situation. Suddenly, the explorer's eased demeanor disappeared. "Catching him just became top priority." Galaak said with urgency in his voice. He slipped his staff onto his back as well on the other side of the gray covered fin. He then raised his arm and tapped in a command on his wrist device, calling his ship. With the cloaking device active, he could scout the city without alerting locals and if he came across the fugitive, he could capture him with the craft's gravity manipulator beam.

The ship's side based airlock had long closed and the chamber flushed with sanitation chemicals and washed away with hot water administered by the vessel itself, ensuring no contaminants would be present in the craft. The water began to ripple outwards from the ship as it silently raised into the air, the landing skids rising up into the hull. Now above the tree tops, E-doch began flying towards its captain's location. It didn't take long at all for it to reach the newly formed clearing in the aftermath of the crash. Now hovering over Galaak, E-doch opened the aperture entrance directly underneath the ship. The metal panels spread apart like an enlarging iris and a column of white light shone down on the Ascatian explorer. He began to rise up into the beam soon after, weightless. To the Cephian, it would seem that Galaak was being pulled into a blinding floating light rather than a spaceship.

Kevin sat buckled up in the front seat of the van, things quiet again between him and his father. The radio was off and the two seemed to be caught up in their own worlds. His father was still getting over just how close he was to losing Kevin, and Kevin was beginning to rethink what he told Mr. Zimmer before. His body still shuddered randomly. His flesh tingled. He was feeling...hyper. Once again Kevin braced against the side of the car, staring outside the window. All of a sudden, he felt his hand moving, moving back and forth without control. "Do I have ******* Parkingson's disease now?!" He thought, grasping his hand with the other one, keeping it steady. After a moment, his hand seemed to become still again and Kevin let out a quiet, relieved sigh. His peace of mind would only last for a few seconds, for his hand starting darting about again, fast, beyond anything he could've done before. It was over just as fast, his hand resting on his lap again. "Holy ****" he thought, looking on in disbelief. There was a form of relief that came after the outburst, as if he had burned off some pent up energy. His hand wasn't twitching now, though he wished the normal feeling would spread to the rest of his being...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Zakai looked up as the explorer disappeared into his cloaked ship, but said nothing. He expected the criminal to be handed over to him if the Ascatian caught him first, but otherwise he had no problem with this sort of tactic. For now, he waited near the crash site. Bate still had a job to do...

Bate watched the Holden-Corp building from a distant alley alongside the Trooper, the automaton letting out a quiet chirp when it detected the cloaked Kala slipping around the slowly dispersing crowd of humans and vehicles, completely unnoticed, and silently heading through the front door. "Gotcha now..." Bate growled. "Once the crowd has left, we're going in..."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Aya finished up her coffee and ate her donut. After Ryan telling her about this disturbing news, she had to go to the department and tell them about this.

"Thanks for all the information, Ryan," Aya said. "It will be useful. We were wonderign why there was no news on their activities for a while." She put her jacket back on and picked up her trash before throwing it out.

"You're welcome," Ryan replied. "I'm always glad to help a friend. Especially an officer."

The two chuckled at the joke before Aya departed...

Mortum soon exited his theater and headed towards the bathroom. Hey, if he was out and about, he might as well relieve himself....
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Pyronychus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

The blue truck, its windows tinted just dark enough so a passing glance wouldn't immediately reveal its lack of a human operator, merged with the flow of traffic on the first of a series of roads it had taken many times before to get to a partially demolished apartment near the top of a highrise a couple of miles away. The truck drove like any of the other vehicles surrounding it, obeying the speed limit, stopping when the light turned red. So far out of all her food-finding trips, she had never been caught by the police, despite some scarily close calls, and didn't want to give them any more reason to stop her on her way home. If an officer pulled over a truck with no driver... well, she chose not to think of that at the moment. Suddenly a van pulled out of a side street right in front of the blue Ford and she slammed on the brakes, tires emitting a brief screech as she just managed to slow down a split second before she would have rear-ended the van. Concentrate on the road. Thinking can be done any time. She also chose not to think about what a collision would mean for her. It wasn't like she was inside the truck, protected by a metal frame. She was the frame. She could feel the road under her tires, feel the engine purring under the hood, the electricity buzzing in every wire. With this kind of sensitivity, how painful would a collision be? Would she even feel pain? The shape-shifter didn't want to find out. The blue truck's left signal light blinked into life and she turned onto a smaller street, almost devoid of cars. Only a few more streets to go to reach the relative safety of home...

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:22 am

a single light was lit in the dark lab, over a desk, the blonde man sitting over it working tirelessly, writing pages upon pages of notes as he examined several cell samples lined up before him. "Very good...now...If we try this-" he muttered lowly as he brought a very small dropper under the microscope, sliding it into an opening on one side of the microscope slide, before squeezing a drop of a transparent violet liquid into the cell sample in the slide, drawing the dropper out and watching the results. the Cell sample seemed to convulse, becoming hyperactive, the cell walls growing thicker as growth accelerated, the cells in the sample rapidly multiplying, working to regrow the cells they were once attached to. Excellent thought the man as he smirked, rising from his seat, taking the notes he had with him along with a vial of the liquid in the dropper, heading towards a large machine in one corner of the small lab, punching series of buttons on a touch screen beside the transparent section curving over the top of the machine, a small panel extending beneath the cover, an indentation in it seemingly made for the vial, which he set into it, the panel closing once more as the man walked over to a desk in the opposite corner of the lab, setting the notes he had in a binder and closing it, placing the binder on a shelf as he hung up his lab coat and put on his suit jacket. he grabbed a thin metallic briefcase on the desk, before walking out of the room, closing the lights as he left. Tomorrow the real work would begin...for now, he had business to attend to...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:32 am

"You can go ahead and clock out Lydia," Sam said. "There's going to be no change here, at least for a while. I'll keep an eye on Dean and let you know of any developments." Lydia looked at him in surprise. She didn't usually leave early...but if Sam thought he wouldn't need any more help for now, then he was probably right. "Okay, if you're sure...see you tomorrow then, Sam." She took off her lab coat and goggles on the way out and hung them in their proper places. As she made her way to her car she frowned thoughtfully and reached back to tighten her ponytail. Well. What to do now? Maybe she could spend the rest of the day relaxing; have a nice hot mug of something sweet, kick back and watch TV.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:56 am

Tiffany starred in disbelief and shock at this... strange girl before her. It can't be?! It had to be a trick! A simple illusion. Perhaps Im simply seeing things due to how tired I am... The scientist told herself, yet as she slowly moved her hand across the girl's face, there was no doubt about it. She looekd on the ground, where a trail of blood led from the couch to the fridge. She had been bleeding when she got over here, yet once she ate the cheesestick, she had stopped bleeding... How was this possible? Somehow... this girl before her had some form of advanced regeneration, one far superior than that of ordinary human beings. " Tell me, what is your name?" Tiffany asked the girl.

The girl simply looked at her, before she finally responded with a faint, "Minene." She looked away from Tiffany and down at the blood she had left behind. "I'm sorry for making such a mess here... I'll clean up the blood for you and leave-"

"Um actually, why don't you stay here, atleast for now. I have a few question I would like to ask you, Minene..." Tiffany implored, her eyes scanning every inch of this strange person as she led her out of the kitchen area and toward the stairs heading to the basement. She would clean up the blood later on. However, this was something that fascinated her greatly. A human with regenative powers? This was exactly what she needed... and she wan't about to let this wonderful opportunity go to waste...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Pyronychus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:46 am

The blue truck stopped for a light at the end of the street and turned once again, accelerating to the speed limit and continuing on normally amongst the thinning traffic. She expected the cars around her to all but disappear by the time she got close to her ruined apartment. Not many people lived around there anymore; at least, not since the mysterious 'accident' that tore half the rooms on her floor apart. She drove on for a few uneventful minutes, then, as predicted, the traffic continued to thin until, when she pulled into the small parking lot at the side of the building, there wasn't a sign of life in sight, human, animal or otherwise. The blue pickup rolled to a halt, its engine shutting down, and immediately started to buckle and warp, the sharp sound of creaking metal echoing loudly off the brick wall as the vehicle began to shrink. In the course of a few seconds, it crunched in some spots and stretched in others, shrinking all the while, until the three stolen food items fell to the ground at the feet of the now fully human teen. She stooped to pick them up, then headed for the front door, ravenously hungry and intent on going straight to her apartment to eat some of her 'catch'...

Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:46 am

The quiet shing of Kala's arm blades extending was drowned out by the commotion outside the building's entrance lobby, where the Cephian now stood. Kala stayed cloaked, looking around the area to see if anyoen was inside and nearby...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard