Isla Sorna Stories RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Isla Sorna Stories RPG

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 am

After some time, Blackstripe stumbled - almost literally - over the body of another raptor. A male. Her green eyes widened a bit. From the state of the creature, he had been in the river for some time, tossed by the current, before he had ended up here. She leaned down to sniff it, bumping his shoulder with her snout and pulling back a bit when she saw the faint rise and fall of its sides. He was alive - half-drowned and unconscious, but alive. The tiger-striped female glanced at the waters. First thing was first. She had to get him further away from the water before a croc grabbed him. Blackstripe knelt and, using the mud to her advantage, worked her head and shoulders under his body before standing. She staggered slightly under the weight, but managed to stay upright and walk to the edge of the trees. There she knelt again and set him down, rolling her shoulders as she rose to her full height again, wondering what her next move would be. She couldn't leave this raptor here, and she couldn't leave her siblings to wait and wonder either. Torn, she looked from the helpless male to the direction she'd come from, and began to pace, trying to decide.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:34 am

Aircrest's claws tapped against the large rocks that replaced the sandy shore at the south east end of the island. The water was noticably rougher here, with large waves crashing violently onto the rocky stretch, a thin mist lingering over the area for a few seconds after. Its because of this, most of the rocks were wet, even those far from the water. In the distance, the raptor could see a tidal cove. Along the way there were pools of water enclosed by the rocks. The corners of his mouth curved into a smirk. He could bask in the sun and wade in the small pools to his heart's content. Aircrest made his way to a nearby pool, dropping into it with a small splash. It wasnt deep, the water barely reached his knees. He sat down in the water, letting the water flow over his scales, taking the dirt and leaves with it.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Blackstripe finally let out a long sigh. There was no help for it; she couldn't leave this raptor here to be picked off by a random passing predator. She turned to face the way she'd come and let out a piercing call. Not quite a screech, but it lasted much longer than a bark. It was a call intended to carry, back to her siblings. She could only hope they heard her and understood.

It was Whitestreak who, having finished eating and settled a short distance away from the others, snorted in surprise and lifted his bloodied head. The call had reached his ears, faint but familiar. Blackstripe was some distance away. "Did you hear that?" he growled. Fire raised his head curiously. Ruby's crimson eyes glinted as she shot him a questioning look. "Blackstripe's call. She's found something...unusual." "No wonder she's taking so long to get back," Ruby replied. "Fire, Ice, finish up. We go to join her when you're done." The pale green female rose to her full height and stretched her legs before joining Whitestreak. The two younger siblings began taking smaller, more rapid bites.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Pyronychus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 pm

"How are we even going to get across without being eaten?" The olive raptor hissed, unable to keep her voice from rising. "Maybe we should just keep going on this side? I don't know what else to do! If there are crocs in there, we can't risk crossing," Rhojis growled, his tone somewhere between agitation and hopelessness. "Well we're wasting time standing here talking about it!" Sylicora yelped, whirling around and fixing him in a terrified stare. "If he's been under this long... chances are he's p-probably... n-not coming back!" Rhojis sounded as panicked as his sister looked as he hissed forcefully, "No! We'll find him. We have to find him!" Then, without another word, the gray raptor turned and once more bolted off downstream toward the fork in the river...

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 pm

By the time he had continued walking forward, Bane could already see the faint outline of the lake ahead of him, shimmering slightly. Almost in a bored manner, he continued to stride forward, seeing if there were any superpredators in the area...
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 pm

When the younger raptors finished eating, Ruby and Whitestreak rose to their feet. The two older siblings dragged fallen branches and ferns over what was left of their kill, hoping to mask its scent and keep it safe from scavengers until they returned. Then Whitestreak nodded and turned to leave the site, Ruby at his shoulder and Fire and Ice falling in behind.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:21 am

Zheja made his way further inland, finally deciding to get up. The raptor wasn't quite sure where to go...it had been some time since he was on the island, and he spent most of his time back so far on the shore. All those he knew could be gone for all he knew, back in that human hellhole. He didn't know if his father made it out alive, or where his uncle and aunt disappeared to, or even where his new pack was. Zheja was alone...again. Memories of his previous experience without a pack drifted back to him...constantly hungry, almost breaking his neck trying to chase compies through the jungle. It wasn't a very pleasant time in his life. Growling in frustration, he hopped onto a fallen tree, walking up to a low lying cliff overlooking a small creek. The foliage above was sparse near the creek, making the cliff an ideal sunning spot. Deciding he had spent enough time without rest, Zheja laid himself onto the cliff, basking in the morning sun...
TyrannoTitan

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am

As time passed, Eradicus was soon sleeping on top of the mountain itself, the massive carcharodontosaur slowly rolling onto his flank as he rested.

Snake and Wolfe soon stopped fighting, the small raptors tired from the fighting, covered with dirt and a few dead leaves. Chopper and Flamejaw picked one of the two up, before moving them into their nest, hiding them underneath some leaves, sticks and grass. Brute and his mate, along with the omega of the pack had decided to be sentries for a while, allowing the other four to rest, all still saddened at what had happened to the nests...
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby C S » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 am

Aircrest jumped out of the tidal pool and onto one of the surrounding rocks, his scales free of dirt and the likes. The smell of plants that had clung to him had been washed away. Now it was being replaced by the scent of salt. He laid down on the rock, its surface smoothed out from years of erosion and warm from the sunlight, not getting too hot due to the mist that would settle down on it. He was glad that his recovery had come about so fast. A sick predator was a predator that couldnt hunt. It also meant he had to take things easy, which clashed with his fast loner life style. Just as he was starting to relax, there were memories,simple images that appeared in a flash within his mind. They disappeared just as fast, but thet were enough to have an impact. Vague memories of seemingly nothing, he recalled looking out to the ocean one rainy day, seeing the curtain of gray that was the cloudy sky hanging over angry waters. He recalled a time when he and the dark gray female from his past were together, talking about something he had long forgotten, so there was nothing but silence in his mind, save the sound of waves meeting the shore. There was a time when he was simply walking along the edge of the beach, feeling his feet sink into moist sand and knowing that his tracks would simply be wiped away by the next wave. He was reminded of the time he wished his mind was like that, able to wash away the unpleasantness that haunted him. Indeed, the coast was home to many of his memories.

Aircrest turned on his side so that he was looking out to the ocean, his eyes partially closed. "Never fails" He thought, listening to the sounds of sea birds and the waves.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby jasonguppy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:53 am

Sakro flies back to his home nest, but below i see a raptor in my area. I dive bomb him, spooking him before returning to my nest.
jasonguppy
Worm
Worm

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 am

"Hey--" Howler started, only to see the two raptors bolt off again. With a groan, he raced after them yet again, trying to keep up...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 am

As time began to pass, when the small family of four was asleep, leaving only Brute, his mate and the pack's omega up as sentries, a slight chirp could be heard from the destroyed nest of their's. Soon following that was another chirp and partially silent hiss along with the sound of a cracking egg, then the sound of another being slowly broken by something small inside. Both Brute and his mate turned to see two young raptor chicks emerge out of their eggs hidden well under leaves and grass, the two being greeted by the hatchlings' calls...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:45 pm

When Ruby and the others reached Blackstripe, the pale green female barked, "Sister, what's the matter?" "I've found someone. He looks half-drowned; maybe he fell in the river, maybe he was dragged in. I haven't found any wounds on him yet though, apart from bruises," Blackstripe growled. "He's unconscious." Ruby padded forward and took a long look at the male. There was something...almost familiar about him. Shaking off the vague feeling of almost recognizing him, she growled, "It wouldn't be right to leave him to the crocs. Let's stay with him, at least until he wakes up. Fire, Ice, see if you can't find a compy or something for when he wakes up." The two younger siblings dashed off to do that, while Ruby crouched beside the male and put her ear to his chest. "He must have breathed in at least some water....but I don't know how to get it out of him. I guess we'll just have to wait until he wakes up and hope he coughs it up himself..." She raised her head and looked at Blackstripe and Whitestreak, the black-striped female watching the water warily, the deep navy blue male watching for the return of Fire and Ice. Ruby felt a rush of warmth for her siblings; her pack. They were the only thing they had left since their mother's death and their father's disappearance. And she had no intention of letting their small pack fall apart.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 pm

almost as if on cue, a hacking cough came from Fatalis, his body convulsing violently as the Raptor coughed up water, a considerable amount of it being expelled, the Raptor's movements relaxing after a while, the low rise and fall of his flanks, and the rasping breathing all that could be heard, the Raptor's eyes half closed, though moving. his vision was blurred. he could make out shapes above and around him, but couldn't discern their nature. the Raptor slipped back into unconsciousness once more, eyes closing, everything fading to black...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Ruby jerked back in surprise, then leaned forward as the raptor fell unconscious again. "There...at least now he's breathing easier," she growled. As she spoke, Fire and ice came back, each carrying a compy. Whitestreak let out a low growl. "Looks like we'll be here a while..." he said.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:38 am

"Why must you always come here, raptor?" The question came as a growl- a familiar growl. Familiar because it was his voice, speaking to him. Aircrest raised his head up from the ground- or what could be called a ground. It was strange terrain, a stretch of warped floor that was a blend of dirt, mud, sand, rock and the hard gray and black turf that was prominent in the human world. The raptor looked around him, seeing nothing, saying nothing. "What is it do you want to find by retreating here?" Again, he said nothing. He simply put his head down again, staring off into his surroundings. Jagged structures made from unnatrual rock blended with vegetation, a hanging mist obscuring the raptor's sight. In the distance, rock faces stood, crumbling silently. The only sounds he could have heard were the sound of the ocean. "Where is your reality?" The voice asked. "Not here" The green raptor replied with a hiss. "So why are you here?"
"I dont know" He said. "Are you used to drifting to places without a reason why?"
"In some ways" Aircrest replied. "Do you enjoy that kind of existence?"
"Yes" Aircrest replied. "Its a life not restrained"
"Is it really?" The voice inquired. Aircrest raised a scaley eyebrow. "I go anywhere any time I want. Anything that I do is of my own choice, so I would think so"
"Is it your choice to come here then?"
"I already said I dont know" Aircrest barked. "So it wasnt your own choice?"
"I said I dont know. I cant answer that if I dont know the answer" Aircrest hissed. "You are restrained by your own mind?"
“No” Aircrest growled. “Anything I do or don’t do is of my own free will”
“So it was your choice to feel guilt and sadness?” The raptor was silent. “Do you choose not to respond?” Again, Aircrest said nothing. “Is it-“
“Enough!” Aircrest snapped. “Whats the purpose of all this?”
“I simply want to know why you choose to come to this realm when you have such a great life elsewhere” The voice replied. “That life…is painful. Theres happiness…but there is much more sorrow” Aircrest growled. “So happiness is something to be cherished?”
“You can say that” The green raptor replied. “So why do you linger in the painful past, instead of looking to the future?”
“Because the past cannot be forgotten. Its something I accept now. I cant help looking back on it, so as to make sure it cant ever happen again. To make sure I don’t make the same mistakes twice. Even then, the future holds much pain and sorrow regardless”
“Are you afraid of the future?”
“I’d be a fool if I didn’t fear inevitabillity. I know for a fact there will be times of suffering. I know for a fact that no matter how much times I evade death, I will eventually die. Even then, I’d be a greater fool if I let it control my life” Aircrest snarled.
“Do you fear pain?”
“I sure as hell don’t like it” The raptor snorted.
“What do you think existence would be like without pain?”
“Existence would be… strange. Without pain and sorrow…there would just be happiness” Aircrest growled.
“An existence without pain” The voice began to say, “Would mean you’ve died. Pain is a part of life. It only serves to magnify the moments of true happiness few are able to experience. Your abillity to feel pain is only proof that you are still alive. “

The raptor felt a sharp jab against the side of his head. His eyes shot open and he jolted onto his feet, claws at the ready. His gaze shot around his environment before looking up to the sound of beating wings. A seabird looking for an easy meal, thinking the slumbering raptor was dead. “Damn things are getting bold” Aircrest hissed, rubbing his cheek against the back of his hand.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby UndeadRaptor » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:34 am

Brute and his mate began to help the two newborn chicks from the eggs, both of which stumble over as they finally get out, still not having much strength to walk yet. "I'll go and search for some food for these two," Brute silently hissed to his mate, before getting up and running off, soon returning with a somewhat large lizard in his jaws...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby C S » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 am

Eventually Hazel's wandering brought her to a creek some distance from the shore. Attracted to the sound of running water, the thirsty female moved through the clearing, stopping at the edge of the creek. She dipped her snout into the water, taking in several mouthfuls before raising it again, water running down her chin. The brown female raised her snout as she picked up on a faint scent in the area, identifying it as the lazy black and white raptor a few moments after. It was obscured by the smell of surrounding vegetation and the water. "Well at least he moved away from the bush. At least" She thought before taking another drink from the creek
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 am

The low grumble of a fledgling hunter is heard near where Gothmog rested. The young tyrannosaurus took a sniff of the sleeping giant. Curious, the beast moves a bit closer to the giganotosaurus. The mistake would cost it dearly. Gothmog awakens with a roar and bites onto the younger and weaker dinosaur's neck when it drew too close. The young tyrant let out a scream of pain and fear as it struggled to free itself from its assailant's deadly grasp. However, its opponent was too strong It was soon forced to the ground and was planted to the spot it fell by the far larger giganotosaur's foot. With a quick movement of his head, Gothmog snaps his prey's neck, killing it instantly. Hungry, the titanic carnosaur digs into his kill.......

Old one Eye awoke form her rest. She was hungry and decided to search for easy prey. She was getting too old to hunt the faster creatures. She wouldn eed to hunt the older or slower creatures on the island.....

Kronos and Lehra decide to explroe a bit more of the island...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 am

Jarred from his rest by sound of splashing water, Zheja snorted loudly, lifting his head so he could see about the cliff. Spying the familiar form of Hazel below, he grimaced. "You again? Come to lecture me on my habits, I assume?"
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard