Animal RPG

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Animal RPG

Postby UndeadRaptor » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:14 am

"I was lucky to get a good rest last night, wasn't woken up no more than one time," Amani growled, hunger starting to attack the lioness. She soon walked over to the mostly eaten tapir and ripped a piece out of it, pulling the meat in two and offering Kubwa the smaller part, Amani herself not too hungry, however. She yawned before starting to tear smaller pieces off of her half, swallowing some of the meat down quickly.
"What's the plan?!" - random soldier, Mud and Blood 2.

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:31 am

Kubwa accepted the remnants of the kill, though his earlier eating session and Nguvu's share had made up almost all that was left, leaving them with only scraps now, though the other kill was largely untouched...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Uzuri lifted her head, licking her lips. Having eaten her fill, she backed away from the kill and started washing her paws and face, trying to wake herself up a bit more. She glanced at Nguvu. He looked deep in thought...not wanting to disturb him, she turned to look at Night and Lusa. The adult wolf was awake and yawning; as the white lioness watched, Night gave the black youngster a nudge. Looking at the two, so close despite Night telling her there was no blood relation between them, made Uzuri wonder what being a mother felt like. What must Night be feeling, she wondered, watching Lusa play and grow? Flashing another glance at her mate, Uzuri thought, I hope I'll get the chance to find out...
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby UndeadRaptor » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 am

Amani, soon finishing her part of the kill, yawned and slowly fell to the ground, somewhat bored and still tired. She decided to wait and see if anyone wanted to do something or if anything interesting would happen, looking around curiously like she did as a cub. Her tail slowly swayed, barely brushing off part of the waterfall, making it feel slightly more heavy, the lioness still looking around, watching the clouds drift by and the water from the waterfall come crash down into the lake...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Mahu cracked a small bone between his teeth, enjoying the taste of the marrow. Birds were often difficult to catch, and fluttered off screeching their heads off as soon as they spotted a predator, but this one had been focused on fruit growing on a branch just within Mahu's reach. It wasn't much of a meal, but it took the edge off his hunger and boosted his courage. He'd never get anywhere waiting and wondering. He'd have to be careful...but maybe, just maybe, he was standing on the verge of finding a mate. He got to his paws, swiping his tongue around his muzzle, and trotted off in the direction of the smell of tapir.

Night got to her feet, pausing a moment to be sure Lusa was in fact waking up, before padding to the entrance of the cave and looking out at their new home. After a moment of thought she headed for the lake, lowering her head to lap at the cool, fresh water. The smell of the jungle was all around her. The spray from the waterfall misted her fur and gave her a feeling of optimism. She and Lusa were welcome here; she'd seen nothing of the bear that had attacked them. This was a good place. Food, water, shelter, friends and family...yes, she could get used to living here. It would be difficult to learn to hunt here though; maybe she could ask Nguvu to help her learn...but that was a puzzle to be solved with time, not right away. As she lifted her head she caught a scent that interested her. A male wolf. A stranger to her. She pricked her ears and lifted her nose. He was close by...while that would have worried her ordinarily, Lusa was more than protected here. She stood staring in the direction the scent was coming from, wondering what to do...go looking for the male, and leave her friends for a time, or hope he came here against all odds?
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Nguvu stood after several minutes of deep thought, glancing at Uzuri with a smile, the lion walking over and laying down at her side. the lion could smell the scent of another wolf. but what he could pick up had no traces of other wolves, so he assumed it was alone, ignoring it for the time being. "We have a home...food....territory...friends...all we need now is a family and we'll be set" rumbled the lion with a chuckle...

Kubwa soon finished what scraps were left, and walked towards the lake, jumping in...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Mahu poked his head out of the bushes. His heart quickened when he spotted her; a white female with one black foreleg and dark blue eyes. She was looking right at him, ears pricked with curiosity. He quickly ducked back into the cover of the foliage. He didn't want to catch the attention of the big cats she seemed to be living with...but he couldn't resist having another look. She was still staring back, but not making any move towards him. And why should she, he thought, when I'm supposed to give her a reason to show interest? Taking a deep breath he stepped out into the open and nodded a tentative greeting. When she returned the nod, he growled, "My name is Mahu. I...hope I'm not intruding, but I...I want to ask you your name. I haven't seen many other wolves around here," he added more nervously as she just went on staring at him in a mixture of surprise and puzzlement. "And I...I'll leave if you want." This was a bad idea... He was surprised when, after a short silence, she growled in reply, "There's no need for you to go. My name is Night."

Uzuri felt her heart skip a beat and speed up as a small, but geniunely happy smile spread across her maw. "I agree," she rumbled, trying to ignore the fact that the muscle in her chest was pounding against her ribs out of nervousness and excitement.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby UndeadRaptor » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Amani turned and glanced over towards the newcoming wolf that was having a conversation with Night. Rather than trying to go after the male wolf, she decided to lay down and watch Kubwa, her paw pushing the water in the lake around. The lioness laid down at the bank of the pool of water, watching as a small spray of water from Kubwa diving in hit her on the top of her head, making her blink in suprise...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:33 pm

"I think it's about time we started thinking about fixing that little problem. don't you?" suggested Nguvu with a smile, though the firm look in his soothing emerald eyes showed he was serious...

Kubwa meanwhile, drifted through the water quietly, watching the marine life around him. fish, small marine lizards, the occasional frog or swarm of tadpoles. it was hard to imagine from above the water how much life existed in this lake. it captivated him, the lion watching from above, keeping close enough to the surface to take a breath when he needed, otherwise staying submerged, the only thing visible from the surface being a thick clump of mane fur with a pair of ears sticking out of the sides of it, everything else submerged...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:57 pm

One of the tan wolf's ears folded awkwardly as the silence stretched. "Um...that was all I wanted really. To say hi, and introduce myself...uh...." He cleared his throat. "It's nice to meet you, Night. Really. I'm sorry I'm so...weird. I'm just, uh, not used to being around other wolves anymore...been on my own for some time now." Night blinked. "That's something we have in common," she growled. Glancing at Amani and Kubwa - or, what she could see of him - she added, "What's your story, then, Mahu?" A strange thrill went through him when she said his name. He smiled at her. "Well...it's a bit of a long one," he said. "The day has only just begun," Night observed, "and I have nowhere to be." She said down and patted the ground with one paw. "So talk as long as it takes." Mahu sat beside her, keeping a respectful distance, and took a breath, wondering how to begin.

Uzuri felt her smile widen. "Yes," she purred. "Yes, I think so too."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 am

Nguvu smiled. "What say we take a walk? they can manage themselves for a while" rumbled the powerful lion lowly, a glint in his emerald gaze as the pleasant smile turned into an almost mischievous smirk...

Kubwa's ears twitched. he could hear the whispers of wolves' growls coming from one direction, the low rumble of his brother's voice from another, and could almost sense Amani looking down at the water. the lion shuddered. the chain of events recently had thrown him into a state of confusion. he didn't know how to deal with his state with Amani. he liked her. hell, arguably alot more than liked. but she had given him mixed responses. repeatedly. there was their little playing session yesterday. but that could've just been that; a playing session. and prior to that their conversation had been difficult at best. he was shunned the first time, and then was told she wanted a drink first, a hard to believe reason that only further complicated the situation. he envied his brother. the happiness in his eyes was undeniable. it was the kind of happiness he hadn't seen since his father was alive. even years after his death, Maiara was still fiercely loyal to his memory. it went so far that she wouldn't even allow herself another mate, simply in honour of Shujaa's memory. to see his brother knowing the kind of love that forged that bond...it gave him some solace. but that was overshadowed by his own fear of never experiencing such a feeling himself. the lion ducked down underwater and swam towards the waterfall, wanting to try and distract his thoughts...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 am

"Right behind you." Uzuri stood and followed her mate, feeling as though she were walking on clouds - trembly and nervous, but excited.

"Well..." Mahu began, rolling a pebble under one paw restlessly as he prepared to spill his story to an almost complete stranger. A beautiful stranger, a small voice in the back of his mind whispered. He swallowed uncomfortably. I've only just met her! I need to get to know her...and she needs to get to know me... Cutting off his thoughts, he began his story. "My mother died in an accident when I was pretty young. It was a hunting accident; she was hunting this elk and it...it turned on her. And after that my...father and my older brother and sister weren't quite the same." Night murmured her sympathies, listening intently. "My father stopped spending time with all of us...my sister, who had always been close to my mother, stopped talking to anyone. She wouldn't eat and she barely moved from our den..." He shivered, remembering how weak she'd gotten...and so quickly. "And my brother disappeared a few days after our mother died. I haven't seen him, or my father, for that matter, in some time." he paused. Night remained silent, letting him gather his thoughts.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:45 am

Nguvu headed for the edge of the clearing, intentionally going in the opposite direction to the side Night was at, so as not to scare off whoever she was talking to. the lion's chest felt almost constricting out of his excitement, the lion looking forward to what was to come. he pushed his way into the undergrowth, heading away from the waterfall and the lake, leaving Amani, Kubwa and Night to watch things in their absence...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 am

Uzuri padded at her mate's shoulder, glancing back just once at her sister. I hope Amani will learn to see the way Kubwa looks at her... she thought, hope for her sister's future flickering in her chest like a tiny flame. Then she slipped into the undergrowth and let thoughts of her sister and the lion who was clearly falling for Amani leave her mind.

Mahu became more uneasy as he spotted a few more big cats. He swallowed and focused on Night before he went on, "Anyway...daddy dearest became very cold towards me...while he just ignored my sister, he actively denied me hunting lessons and made me eat last from every kill." His pale green eyes darkened. "One day I'd had enough and challenged him. We both said things that should've been left unsaid that day. And my sister...even though she was so weak...threw herself between us as my father tried to attack me." He shook his head slowly. "She never stood a chance," he murmured. Night, on impulse, pushed her nose comfortingly into his fur. He rumbled his thanks and looked up at her. "I left after that...I became a wanderer. I never ran into my brother, or my father, and I'm grateful for that. If I had...I don't know what I might've done to them."

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby UndeadRaptor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Amani watched as her sister and Nguvu had left her, Kubwa, Night and Lusa as her paw continued moving around in the water. The lioness soon grew bored of having nothing other to do than move her paw around in the lake, and she soon decided to go in for a swim, diving in shortly after getting up and stretching. She swam around the center of the pool of water at first, watching as amphibians and fish sped past her, the lioness gazing at a few particular ones she had saw the day before...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:55 am

as Kubwa swam forward, the downforce of the waterfall pushed him deeper, the Lion swimming forward behind it and rising again, his head emerging about a foot away from the rock ledge that was at the entrance of the cave. Kubwa smiled. this really was a clever place to live. their home was hidden by a waterfall, the only entrance being concealed by the crashing water, a small gap to one side where the rock dipped being the only visible entrance, only visible when right next to it. looking around, he noted how the fish swarmed around this spot, the lion feeling them drifting by him, occasionally bumping into his flank or between his legs as they swam. the lion smiled, letting himself relax, doing his best not to think of Amani as he did so...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UndeadRaptor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:37 am

Amani continued swimming in the lake, staying near the center of the pool of water for most of her time as she did, pawing in some of the occasional fish and frogs from time to time. She watched as a small group of tadpoles swim by here, their slimy tails quickly swaying around, pushing them forward as the lioness caught an average sized fish in her mouth. She soon started to thrash her head around, small chunks of the fish ripping off until it's tail finally tore from the rest of the fish's body, Amani soon swimming up to the water's surface with it, still hungry from not getting much of a meal from the tapirs...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Kubwa soon swam back to shore, not liking being so far out of reach of the others. it was torturous to be so close to temptation, but he still had a duty to protect his new friends...and now that Nguvu was temporarily indisposed....he was their guardian...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby UndeadRaptor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Amani swam towards the water pool's bank, before pulling herself out of the lake and starting to eat the fish she had just caught. She tore into the dead creature with little ease, nothing but a skeleton and some pieces of meat of the fish itself remaining on the carcass as she hit it with her paw, pushing further away from the lake before wandering over to their home. She shook herself a few times as she stopped walking, water trapped on her fur flying around in multiple directions as the lioness finished up and walking to the back of the waterfall...

Slow Posters Club
UndeadRaptor
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:39 pm

"So..." Mahu growled, shaking his head as if clearing water from his ears. he'd likely never forget the clinging memories, but he was making an effort not to let his past control him. "That's my story. I'm not proud of my past, but I can't change what happened back then. All I can do is keep moving forward." Night nodded thoughtfully. "What's your past like?" he asked her. She was silent for a moment, wondering whether to confide in him. He told me what happened to him, she thought. A perfect stranger. That made up her mind. "I was one of a litter of five," she began. "My mother and father loved us all equally. They thought their home - a den among the cliffs where they'd both grown up - could support a pack. But they were wrong. The prey was scarce and often more agile than they were. One of my brothers starved to death. A sister was picked off by a hawk not long after that. My parents by then were seriously considering moving into the jungle." She paused. He was silent, patiently waiting for her to gather her thoughts.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard