Choice game Mk. II

Here, you can post other posting games.

Postby mega raptor » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Doc has allowed me to post a new story since the current one is dead/dormant, so let's see if I can restart this, or just put the final nail in its coffin...

You wake up on some cold, metal floor. You can hear voices shouting, an alarm sounding and boots thumping on the floor-probably coming towards you. You have a splitting headache, and when you touch your hand to your face it's very warm to the touch. You feel a headset around your ears, but otherwise when you look at down your clothes are normal.

Standing up, you hear voices shouting and hear a door opening. A quick glance around your environment reveals there is nothing with which to defend yourself-you'll have to fight unarmed. As you brace yourself, a man runs into the room, armed with an assault rifle you know you can't defend yourself against. The soldier aims and fires, but as he does your hands move reflexively, purposefully-and a shield of light appears and catches the bullets firing at you before sending them back at the soldier.

The soldier falls to the ground dead, but you can hear more voices, more shouting outside-and then a monstorous, inhuman screech. And then a burst of static, followed by a voice from the headset: "I am Ozymandias. You've just killed a United States solider and I am perhaps one of a dozen people on the planet that can help you. If you don't want to die in some miserable camp in Cuba, then you need to follow every word I say."

You're confused and disoriented, and your pounding headache does not make things better. You take a moment to consider your options:
A) You stay here and wait for more instructions.
B) Leave the room and investigate the noises outside.
C) Press this 'Ozymandius" for more information.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby C S » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm

C.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:52 pm

A

Going outside=death by said inhuman thing
Pressing him for more information=wasteing already limited time

And for the record, when/if this story ends I plan on continueing my other one. As Mr said, its dormant for now.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:13 pm

I'm going with a.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 pm

I told people to vote more in this thread but they wouldn't anyway. Ok A or C would be one of my options so....C.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby mega raptor » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 pm

No one wants to figure out what's going on with the thing(s) outside? Ah well. It's tied at 2 A, 2 C, so B as an option is closed...

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:40 pm

The old one was mildly interesting...so this one should be as well.

Hmm...I say option A. Something says pressing this guy for more info will get you nowhere...
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:14 am

what bout understanding? "Ok, tell me what to do" Ozy: Pull that lever. "Aight" *pulls the lever and the self destruct sequence initciates* "OMFG! WHY DIDNT Y- *end of story due to explosion*
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:57 am

My decision, isn't it, CS? :P
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:25 am

your death aswell :P
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby mega raptor » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 am

People's choice: A, Stay and wait for more instructions.

As you watch in horror as the blood pools around the body of the soldier, you hear another burst of static before Ozymandius comes online. "According to this info..." he says, "The research lab we're looking for should be about five hundred yards to the east... and two hundred yards underground." You can almost hear him searching through his blueprints or computer data or whatever he has as you cautiously approach the soldier's corpse and take his rifle-you aren't sure if you'll need it but it might prove useful.

"Unfortunately," Ozymandius says, "These schematics aren't the most up to date and the research lab is a relatively new addition. I'll be able to find a way through soon, but at the moment you've got a problem." Outside, you can hear gunfire silencing one screech, but still more continue. "A squadron of soldiers isn't really happy that you've just killed their buddy. Though you could probably kill them, you're just getting used to your abilities, so I think it might be best that you try to get my little distractions to do the work for you."

Though you are certain of what Ozymandius is saying, you're uncertain if you trust him and feel confident in your abilities-it's possible that you could take on the squadron yourself. And something in the back of your mind tells you that you need information. Do you:
A) Proceed to attack the squadron yourself.
B) Quiz Ozymandius on your abilities, your objectives, his intents and his distractions.
C) Follow Ozymandius's orders and try to use the monsters outside to attack the enemy.

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Iceking » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 am

C, as long as the creatures don't spot you when you let them out, the squadrone guys will be the targets of the beasts.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:52 am

C.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:03 pm

B)
Unless you understand what your supposed to do, there is no way to assure you will do it right.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:22 am

Personally I'd do Choice B before C. I'm the sort of person who doesn't do things unless I actually know because I forget straight after half the time and that is irritating. I'm sure the soldiers aren't too far away either, so it's better to be safe than sorry later. Option B.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby mega raptor » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Two B and two C-tied again. For anyone else hoping to post, those are the only options...

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:19 pm

If I had to think quick on my feet, I'd say go with B. C could get you killed.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby mega raptor » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:25 pm

Option B at 3/5-Quiz Ozymandius on your abilities, your objectives, his intents and his distractions.

You stand in the room, holding the rifle at your side as you talk into the headset. "Hold on," You protest. "I'm not doing anything until you start explaining some things."

You can almost see Ozymandius shrugging apathetically as he say, "Alright, shoot."

"What are those things outside, and how do you expect me to control them?"

"The creatures outside? Those are... monsters I've been letting in to keep soldiers occupied. They see with ultraviolet light, and you're going to be using that to lead them around."

You snort and ask, "How am I going to that, drag around flourescent lights?"

"Actually, you should already know how to do that, but I won't bother to explain the complicated science that makes it possible-that would be like explaining Virgil to a five-year old." You ignore the insult and ask about his intentions. You can imagine the playful smile on his face as he replies, "I want what's best for everyone, my friend. At the moment, that involves getting into that research lab. Now leave the room and get going."

You follow his directions and push open the door. You find yourself in a hallway with flickering lights overhead and shots and unearthly screeches somewhere in the distance. Many other doors line the hallway, with lettering stenciled on that you can't read in the dark. To your left, you can see elevator doors. To your right, the hallway turns left. "You're going to want to keep heading up," Ozymandius advises. "To the right you'll get to the fire escape, which is safer, but the elevators are faster... Your call." For a second, you stop and think:
A) Go to the left to get to the elevator.
B) Go to the right to find the fire escape.
C) Check one of the rooms for an alternate route.

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:41 pm

B, just in case the elevator has a problem and you can't get out.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:49 pm

C. :P
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Random Fun