OpGen Retrospective

Video game reviews and discussion.

OpGen Retrospective

Postby mega raptor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 am

Hello?

Hey, all. Saw this post at a site I frequent about a game I know is dear to a good deal of us, and thought that some of you might find it interesting:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/01 ... more-24176

Sorry if this is the wrong forum--it's been a long time, and to be honest it will probably be longer still.
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby C S » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 am

Wow...that bit when he realized that JPOG creates its own disasters that can potentially ruin your park touched home. That happened to me SO much times. I always miss that break in the T-rex fense after a Thunder storm...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks for dropping by MR.

Interesting, but I can't say I agree with him. I felt there wasn't enough emphasis on avoiding/handling disasters. It's kid friendly, meaning it has to be forgiving, which seriously detracts from the experience. It's never too late to stop a disaster. Right up until it hits, it's avoidable. Even if you seriously cut corners down the line, you can easily fix that.

For me, rectifying previous mistakes should be a challenge in themselves, a costly one at that, and avoiding the disaster in the first place should have been complicated as well, requiring thought and strategy. Only then would there have been a motive to skimp on security and rake in the profits of reduced costs, only to have it all crumble when a small problem snowballs into a catastrophe because of your short sightedness.

Good article though. I enjoyed it.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Return to General Games