Im going into game development

Video game reviews and discussion.

Im going into game development

Postby Zephyr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 pm

so here's the sitch

i want to base it off Supernatural Supremacy

Point A: I need KP's permission first of all to even start working on this game

Point B: assuming i get his permission i will need the permission of anyone who is involved in the RP, for inclusion of their characters in the game

on a side note i intended to make Drake, Diana, Velkor and Desh as main story character

Drake, Diana and Desh will be relatively easy to get the story down, Velkor however seems to be difficult because unlike the others i cant seem to identify if he has a personal issue with some villian

for example: Drake-His dad

Diana- the one vampire whose name i cant remember ( or if he had been killed or still lives)

Desh- Lord Murtaugh, who i have portrayed once in a while

i'd like input, recomendations and ideas seeing as the RP itself hasnt reached a conclusion

ONCE AGAIN, ASSUMING I GET PERMISSION
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:29 pm

well for starts you're gonna need to have their appearances down. this counts characters, and NPCs connected to the characters. then you have the personality issues. only the actual owners of the characters can really nail the personalities, and you'd need active involvement from the players. i'd be glad to help, but then, i'd like to know what kind of game you plan to make out of this. and that isn't simply the style. it includes genre, scale...etc.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 pm

First of all, I'm sorry to say, but SSRPG wouldn't make much of a game IMO. Its more story driven then anything else, and people would rather play a game, not read/watch everything happen for them.

Second, you do realize the weight of what you're proposing, right? Making a game, even a 2D one, is no simple feat. Honestly I don't see this idea getting very far...but I'd be genuinely impressed if you proved me wrong.

We've all had dreams we have little means by which to obtain :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby Zephyr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 pm

TT: lol we will see my friend, i've been planning this for a while but i never had an honest passion for it until now... it may take a couple years because i still need to go to the trade school to learn developmental and graphical techniques but i intend to accomplish this even if i have to do it in my own garage

well action is an obvious

i dont know if it would be considered scifi or fantasy but it will most likely be an over the shoulder fighting system
it may stretch at least two discs because of the individual story modes for the main characters

im thinking of online multiplayer but thats a bit far so im going to get the main stuff done

if i cant get permission to use some of the character it may minorly change the storyline

think of the story mode as call of duty where each level you go to the other "hero" of the game and play his part only at some point they all have to regroup in order to match the RP

and speaking of appearances do you have taht one pic of Drakes father because i recall you saying there were just some small diffrences, and when i got hit with that virus i lost the copy i made

i can visualize how exactly to turn it into a FPS but im not sure that will have the desired effect

how boring would it look to be in first person running up a wall or doing a backflip

consistent button combos and mashing just how in certain games (ex. resident evil) you have to mash 'X' to cut the rope or wrestle away a zombie

as for where i intend to start it... that gets tricky

i can imagine that first fight with the demon Drake had in like the first 10 or 15 pages of the RP, to be the beginning of his story mode
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:42 pm

well tbh...if we wanted to put Drake in there [his father at least], we'd need to either: A) redesign Kagan from scratch. minorly change the known story of him, the name, among a few other tiny changes or B) get copyright licenses from the makers of Bloodrayne, where Kagan, in essence, came from. i've been considering redesigning the character in name and story, but that would, first of all, require some major post editing in the RPG as well as some cooperation amongst the members as to what the new name and story would be. on the bright side doing such wouldn't effect the others' posts much, though my posts involving his past would need some overhauling...

a serious game these days needs alot of work. a very good physics engine, well designed models that won't make the PCs explode :P , good skinning, voice acting, among other things. if you managed to get this idea seriously underway i wouldn't mind doing the voice for Drake [wouldn't be too hard. many of my human characters tend to have my voice anyway :P ]

as for the pic, that was of Drake himself, and yes it's still with me but i am hardly happy with it.

as for gameplay style. picture a cross between RE5 and Devil May Cry, but less linear. i think that would be a good combo IF this game were to happen...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Zephyr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 pm

oh the picture was drake... lol my bad

well if your up to it i can try to draw him my way like i wanted to a year ago

and your not the only one who needs to edit a bit lol

i can keep Korso's first name but the design of his character is that of Nicholas D. Wolfwood of the Trigun series
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:51 pm

well i can't turn down an offer to draw a character of mine. i'd be interested to see how you draw him. if you're on Messenger i think i could supply you with a copy of the crappy pic i drew of him...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:02 am

Sounds interesting.
Is this something you intend to start on now and work as a pet project or just something for a rainy day later in the future?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Zephyr » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:26 am

KP: alright ill get on when i can

Doc: Well i just acquired the desire to get into this recently, and it happened conveniantly close to spring break lol
i intend to figure stuff out over the week

KP's idea of RE5 combined with Devil May Cry is the most accurate depiction of what i had in my head
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:45 pm

This sounds cool. It sounds like it might be like Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain, in that there's more story than game. I was gonna ask if my Werewolf, Grendel, could be a boss in the game, but I think that's out of the question......... still, this is gonna be BADASS.

I wish ya luck!!!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Dude, Zeph, go for it. I'd definitely buy this game, I'd love to see you pull it off.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Return to General Games