Ecco the dolphin:Defender of the future

Video game reviews and discussion.

Ecco the dolphin:Defender of the future

Postby Iceking » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 am

This is a really good game that came out for the DreamCast and later, a PS2 version was made. In this game, an alien species known simply as the foe are intent on taking over the planet and the only hope for the planet is a dolphin by the name of Ecco. The plot is interesting in that it doesn't take place just in the modern world, but in alternate timelines as well. The graphics for the game are simply the best I've ever seen on a dreamcast game, making the dolphins, sharks and other sea creatures look real. Each chapter of the game is also rather interesting, with no two timelines being the same as you progress through the game. On a more negative note, the game can have some rather confusing puzzles, which can lead to frustration because it can take awhile to solve them without help. To anyone else here who has played the game, what did you think of it?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:18 am

I remember watching playthroughs on YouTube. Very, very pretty game... ^_^ Makes me wish I had the right game system to play.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:32 am

hmmm... Can't say I've ever played the game. However, I have watched playthroughs of the game, and from what I've seen, it's a typical Nintendo Hard game. It at first appears to be a game for 7 year olds, but almost as soon as you start playing it, you realize that you've made a grave mistake taking it lightly.

Other than that, the game looks pretty decent.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Return to General Games