Primal Carnage

Video game reviews and discussion.

Re: Primal Carnage

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:51 pm

I... guess that's good.

I'd expect more from them, though. (Or not...)
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Well they might acctually be doing other work right now, they might be trying to improve the internal systems by the sound of it. I suspect they plan this for the consol systems and that meens trying to decrease the perverbial carbon Footprint. Consols work despite having no major changes made to them in long periods of time due to Drive engines built ingame, so the reason why the newer Halo: Reach runs as fast as older Halo 3. With Indie they have a much smaller group, they probobly don't have too much experience, they have to deal with crippling Bugs and errors even while their in the early process of making the game, and they have limited money so they probobly work on this game irregularly and have frequent problems.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:45 pm

Irregularly? It's the JOB. They're supposed to work on it all the time. That's like gonig to a burger joint but no one's cooking- 'tis pointless.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 pm

But what if the Production manager can't PAY his employees?
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Then it's not a job, it's slavery.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 am

Neither of you seem to understand. :P

@RaptorTitanus: By using the term "Internal systems" I'm assuming you are referring to the underpinnings of game design such as code, and the engine. Primal Carnage is using a pre-made engine, the Unreal Engine, which means they don't have to worry about porting to a console, as seen by games like Batman Arkham Asylum and Gears of War, the Unreal Engine CAN port to a console, in fact it can do so by default, with little hassle by the developer. What matters is the game has to be optimized to run well on the consoles, that goes back to the coding and art assets. Judging by the Pax video it runs fine on the computers, optimization is not necessary at this moment, nor does it take 5 months to optimize code. (I can tell you this from experience)

Yet all of this screams irrelevant because the developers themselves have stated that they will not port primal carnage to consoles until they make enough money off the PC versions. Unless they're planning a surprise there is not much of a chance there doing that.

@GodzillaForever: Indie Devs vary in funds and pay, my guess is Lukewarm media is registered as a legitimate company but so are a million other indie companies that don't pay there employees. Hell I've been working on my own game for years and haven't received or given a cent to anyone helping me. Sometimes people helping with the project aren't looking for money, but for job experience, or just cus there all friends.

And just because this is a job doesn't mean they don't have more. Lots of Indy devs are vastly underpaid and have other jobs on the side so they can get by.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 am

Boy do I feel stupid now :O.o: .

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 am

"Imagine my surprise when I ran into Lukewarm Media at PAX! They were showcasing both the PC and the newly announced Mobile versions of the game."

An excerpt from a review shortly after visiting PAX. I may have mentioned they were thinking about making a mobile version, but now it is for sure...

Kinda pissed honestly. I never saw much in mobile games, just time waster's I'd much rather see this time and effort put into developing a console version of the game. This probably explains what that 5 months went into. IMO Lukewarm has to focus on the game itself, not get caught up in this irrelevant crap.

Better end this rant before I trail off in a frenzy of cusses and ramblings. :P
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 am

No, no, continue. I agree, mobile games are stupid, since you should just BUY A ******* GAME CONSOLE IF YA WANNA PLAY THAT BADLY IN THE FIRST PLACE, and they really should work more on the game itself instead of attemtps at expanding when they don't even know if the game will get off the ground.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:01 am

A-f*cking-men, brother. How about they deliver to the people who've waited years for this game first, then please the masses?

Common sense. RIP, we hardly knew ye. >_<
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:00 am

Please the masses? because What the masses want is definitely a crappy mobile dinosaur game.

EDIT: I really feel for the people who donated money to the project early on. Bad luck.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:16 am

Crappy mobile games are all the rage now apparently. Look at Angry Birds. *snort*

Yeah. Honestly though, I thought we were going to get screwed one way or another. >_<

Edit: Look alive people, more gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45JsB9y9 ... ture=feedu
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Bump.
bringing HF's post to attention.

I laughed so much when the player died at the start.

"ow" "arg" "ohh"
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:56 pm

So did I. I actually said "clever girl" too. XD

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 pm

The clip of two Rexes at the end of the video caught my attention a bit mainly due to a thought of balacing the teams. I feel that there should be only one Rex on the Dino team at any time. Two of them just gives the dino team an advantage that the human team might be a little hard pressed to overcome.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:26 am

Iceking wrote:The clip of two Rexes at the end of the video caught my attention a bit mainly due to a thought of balacing the teams. I feel that there should be only one Rex on the Dino team at any time. Two of them just gives the dino team an advantage that the human team might be a little hard pressed to overcome.

The point is that the teams where everyone decides to be a rex aren't going to be successful cus then the other team could just chose the heavy and mow em down. I have no idea how well this will play out. I'm not exactly pro either side, I'd like to be able to just play as a rex when I want, for better or worse.

I was left rather unimpressed honestly. We finally get a look at the whole detailed map in motion, cool sure, but it was the same a couple months ago. We also get like, 2 split second peaks at dilophosaurs, and a couple glimpses of the borderline racist native american stereotype, and that one biker guy. 6 months of waiting for news and I'm not satisfied. :/
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm

And about Nine months later we get news and alpha footage thats leaves me satisfied and a little hopeful about the game: New stuff, Clear footage of most of the classes including Dilo, Pyro, Pathfinder, Trapper, and Pteranodon, only one missing are the compy hordes :/ Still The gameplay shows improvment but not a whole lot of balancing to raptor jump ability however the biggest piece of news is their plan to start up beta testing!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxOssrojWsg
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 pm

The animations look great. The mechanics less so.
Awful lot of strafing going on there.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ku9Bh3j ... r_embedded

Pyromaniac and Carnotaurus showcase.

Pyromaniac is a flamethrower and chainsaw wielding human class, and the Carnotaurus is a charging dinosaur class.

The Pyro seems cool and all, but the Carnotaurus steals the show in my opinion. Very nice model and animations. Looks fun to play as too.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 am

I thought that they had removed the charging class...

If there are going to be six classes of Dinosaurs, then perhaps they'll make a sixth class for the human team.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to General Games