Primal Carnage

Video game reviews and discussion.

Re: Primal Carnage

Postby Galaxia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Either that or they've stopped working on anything and just haven't admitted it yet
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby InfernalAngel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:18 pm

I can asure you there takeing their sweet time.
"Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

"They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace."
InfernalAngel
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Galaxia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Lets hope so,this game has a lot of potential
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby InfernalAngel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah, it won't exactly have the quality of bigger companies games, but still, it gunna be sick!
"Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

"They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace."
InfernalAngel
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Galaxia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Yeah well we can't expect incredible quality as this is an indie game but like you said if it does get released it'll be a good one
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Apparently, the Primal Carnage website has been down for some time, and was recently rejuvenated: http://www.primalcarnage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=41857#p41857

That, and the fact that they're FINALLY moving into the Alpha stage, explains the lack of updates lately. Maybe they'll finally get everything done now. :P
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 pm

dinoman666 wrote:Apparently, the Primal Carnage website has been down for some time, and was recently rejuvenated: http://www.primalcarnage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=41857#p41857

That, and the fact that they're FINALLY moving into the Alpha stage, explains the lack of updates lately. Maybe they'll finally get everything done now. :P

"Here's some photos of stuff we bought with your donations instead of using it on the game."
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah, I noticed that... Still, after checking a bit more of the website, they're showing a TINY bit more info on the classes and such. I still don't have very high hopes, but at least they're not just sitting around with their thumbs up their a**es...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

To be perfectly honest i don't expect to care if they do or not
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:44 pm

How LONG is it Going to TAKE?! Jeez...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 am

Another two or three years? Pff.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 am

Hopefully at least a beta pops up soon. I think they got into somethnig bigger than they expected, so my hoeps are dying too...
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:49 am

Oh without a doubt. There are high hopes for this game, though we've been waiting a while, and with everything they've hinted at they have to try and include the features they've showcased.

Trespasser all over again.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 am

Hopefully not as much of a fail, but it won't be godly that's a for sure.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see it go belly-up. It isn't the first dinosaur related mod/indie game I've been looking forward to only to see it die randomly, and it surely won't be the last.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:25 am

They're kinda screwed at this point. If it goes belly up, people are gonna sue the hell out of them. it'd end badly for all of Lukewarm Media...

So they don't exactly have a choice. They continue and produce a product, or they get destroyed by all the angry people who donated money to see the game released...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 am

IIRC they were offering refunds to people who weren't happy with how the game was going.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah I try to hold on to a bit of hope for this game, but I'm starting to get a bit PO'd with the lack of progress. It really shows.

Lets put it this way, I'm assuming you have all seen the PAX east promo content, there was a playable demo with Rex and Raptor, as well as Sniper, and Heavy. 5 months later, Pax west is happening here in Seattle. When people asked if they're would be more playable characters, they told us the only characters ready for play where the same cast as the previous demo. Meaning it is the same demo. Meaning they haven't accomplished crap in the last 5 months.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Somehow, I'm not surprised. At all.

I know making a game like this can't be easy, but in five months they should have had SOMETHING more done.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqhoJuNs ... ure=relmfu

One change however apparently as seen at the beginning of this video is that as opposed to the 1v1 multiplayer they had before, they now have much larger numbers then that.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General Games