Primal Carnage

Video game reviews and discussion.

Re: Primal Carnage

Postby dinoman666 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:15 pm

I have to admit, I'm worried. It feels like Aliens vs. Predator all over again. Doesn't seem particularly balanced.

The Rex seems useless as little more than a distraction, considering that its bite is ridiculously easy to dodge. Kind of disappointing in my opinion. As for the buggy raptor pounce, that's probably just because it was Alpha gameplay. I doubt that'll be a problem in the retail version. I also have issues with third-person dinosaurs: I can understand it for something like the Raptor, but for T. rex? No wonder it couldn't hit anyone in that gameplay video. You can't see the ground immediately in front of you, where your bite actually LANDS. I'm having second thoughts about buying the game, unless I see some improvement.

Hell, I'm more excited about Jurassic Park: The Game. :P
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Galaxia » Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

When it comes to gaming I'm a PC man myself and since this is coming out for the pc (as well the ps3 and 360)I think I might give it a try upon it's release.

Oh and I'm with IK on not being able to wait for the beta.Overall from what I've seen so far Primal Carnage is shaping up to be a decent looking game,plus it's multi-player although as dinoman spoke of briefly that didn't exactly help alien vs predator
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Hm, no, it shouldn't be quite as bad as Alien vs Predator, from the class system you can see that they actually put thought into how the game would play out. (as opposed to just putting single player characters in a multiplayer environment and then declaring it the ultimate multiplayer experience)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Galaxia » Sun May 15, 2011 3:53 pm

You make a good point Doc,either way I'm buying it on it's release
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 15, 2011 4:00 pm

I just hope for what little we've gotten, they have much more done. Personally now I'm going to wait for reviews on the game before I rush out and buy it....as opposed to the new JP game. XD I'm getting that as soon as I can.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Galaxia » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

My thoughts are almost the exact opposite I'm going to wait awhile for Telltales JP and get Primal carnage as soon as possible,then again I might have to rethink that once I know the price for both games
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 pm

I think this game looks really sweet cant wait to buy it :P. Im gonna nom nom on some humans as T-rex! :twisted:
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby Galaxia » Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 am

Keep in mind TyrannosaurusRules! that the t-rex has(I think it does anyway)an attack that is relatively easy to dodge,I don't think it would be good idea for any playable class in a game such as this would be allowed to be too powerful or to have too quick an attack,otherwise they'd be a little overpowered and gameplay wouldn't be balanced for the players
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 am

Doc has a theory [which i agree with] that the Rex's attack is, at last appearance, just an animation. no damage coded into it. that would explain why the Rex failed to cause any damage in the video.

in any case, i've honestly started to lose faith in lukewarm media. too many stupid business decisions so far, coupled with inadequate progress. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I also think those reasons stem from their inadequate and destructive business decisions...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Galaxia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Interesting,all bad decisions on lukewarm's part I'm clinging on to the hope this will be at least playable,we don't want it to go down the road AVP's multiplayer took now do we?
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm

@ Galaxia: Agreed. That thing was awesome but mangled.

I prayin' it works out, but eh, we'll jsut see.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:16 pm

I hope so as well,quickly going back to avp,I had a good idea that when someone was playing a boss another player could be invited to play as that boss(no better intelligence than real intelligence),but back to the topic we can only hope this will be a winner
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Does anyone else think that this game is primarily going to be multiplayer and have a very dull storyline? cuz i think its goin to be :?
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby Galaxia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't think they'll be much in the way of single player but most of the game,especially the single player is TBA

At the end of "survival mode" will apparently feature a boss to fight,I'm anxious to see how that'll play out
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:43 am

The Kingpin wrote:Doc has a theory [which i agree with] that the Rex's attack is, at last appearance, just an animation. no damage coded into it. that would explain why the Rex failed to cause any damage in the video.

in any case, i've honestly started to lose faith in lukewarm media. too many stupid business decisions so far, coupled with inadequate progress. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I also think those reasons stem from their inadequate and destructive business decisions...

On the first note, I'm not sure if your right there, but the improved demo playable at Pax east had the rexes full stomping and biting attacks and from what I here they killed puny humans just fine, I don't bet by the time the game is released the rex will be the tank you all want it to be.

On the second note, I wouldn't hold it against em.
There an Indie team held together by generous donations, which isn't much. Trying to develop a game with minimal to no funds isn't easy. (and I would know, I've had less luck then Lukewarm)
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 pm

You've developed games TR?
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Galaxia wrote:You've developed games TR?

lol I wish, developing is the word I'd use, and loosely at that. But yes I've got a project in the works.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Sounds good,and whats the genre?
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I fear its not the time or place for that. lol We're drifting off topic.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:57 pm

You do have a point,anyway their website is still under construction so something big must be underway,ooh and compys are going to be in the game,playable too
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General Games