Primal Carnage

Video game reviews and discussion.

Re: Primal Carnage

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 pm

This game actually seems pretty fun from the gameplay.

Although controlling the dinosaurs seems difficult, with Dilophosaurus being the only class with a ranged attack and all...
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Zarov » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

Honestly i think the dinosaur players play horribly wrong in charging constantly.

I play another game where you find humans vs creatures so guns vs cqc

and the one thing you are never supposed to do is charge the humans

i have a 15.something k/d in it and i NEVER play the human side
WolfTeam

if i were to get primal carnage its safe to say i would end up with a high k/d

1. Raptors should work together and use ambush tactics not run around looking for someone

2. Dilo, should support raptors or be out in the forest somewhere working alone

3. Ptera needs to do flybys, i saw with a lot of players they just circle the main facility out in the open. There's tons of jungle, use it to get out of sight so snipers dont pick you off

4. Carna, ambush. When your charging around looking for someone you are wasting stamina and losing health to the random shooters that you pass. I know a lot of people like the carna (so the developers say) but its useless unless you time things properly. I see people die before they can get a decent amount of kills

5. T-rex is OP as hell if you know how to play property. It is a multikill death machine. You can be eating one person while stepping on a bunch of others. The key with T-rex is knowing when to retreat. It has the most health of any other dinos which gives an oppurtunity to do a lot of damage. There are numerous dinosaur carcasses (healing stations) that you can retreat to and recover your health so you can come back and do more damage without having to die and respawn

6. As i said with the Rex there are carcasses to feed on when playing dino, and i see that many people dont utilize them. I see people get 1 or 2 kills, have like no health left and then keep charging like they are going to get another kill. I like the confidence, but if you have 1 hp left, even the weakest gun will kill you immediately.

7. In terms of low hp, if you absolutely have to constantly kill without taking a break to heal, i recommend slowing down. The less health you have the higher chance you are gonna get killed if you charge. There are a lot of locations in game that things like raptors can get to, that humans cant. These are great ambush locations... use them.

8. Walls and cornering. You have an awesome field of view as a dino. Use it. You dont need to show yourself to be able to see your prey.

These are my opinions based on my experiences in a similar game. I would like to hear what strategies you guys have, these are my personal ones.

98 kills and 4 deaths in a 15 minute 8v8 game is all the experience i need.
Zarov
Worm
Worm

Postby dinoman666 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Honestly, I think they were just acting as reckless as they were to showcase the gameplay. People who are used to competitive, PvP gaming will get the hang of it very easily. A lot of it involves common sense, teamwork, and tactical withdrawal when necessary. The developers know that. However, watching someone do that is pretty boring, and doesn't fully showcase the game's primary feature: dinosaur vs. human gameplay. Of course, your advice is still good (though I would advise against bragging about your K/D spread. People might get the wrong idea. :P).
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Zarov » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 am

True.... but that was only my best game

i dont get that everytime

that would be crazy
Zarov
Worm
Worm

Postby Iceking » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 am

Primal Carnage is now up for download, it seems.

http://forum.primalcarnage.com/viewtopi ... =18&t=5894
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:14 pm

It's out on steam as well, 69 on metacritic. Not bad.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/10/primal-carnage-beta-impressions/

Here's a first impressions, for anyone whose interested
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 am

After watching some gameplay footage, I can say the game looks pretty dang good. Shame it lasted in development hell for so long, and a few minor glitches (Carnotaur on the roof? Hello...) are prevalent, but it does seem to be quite alot of fun.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 am

Take it from a guy who plays (me) Its fun as hell. Though you want some good allies on your team if you go human with more than ten players (1 Rex to every ten people). Also its a lot of fun to screw with people as a raptor by: getting to high places, making scary noises, and making sure they see you before sprinting by and running off into the dark. One thing that bothers me is that there is no voice chat system.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Iceking » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9s3uveNQmQ

Looks like Spino is going to be playable in Primal Carnage.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah, if you join a game running "Get to the Place", you can play as Spino by selecting the Trex.

I've tried it out in a private server (though it didn't seem to have as many animations as it does in the video), but not in an actual match.

Its pretty sweet regardless.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:29 pm

They should add levels with water, along with Deinosuchus, despite it not being a dinosaur. The game could use aquatic stuff.

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Dark spooky labs, dark spooky labs where flairs are really important or else; RAPTORS FROM THE DARKNESS!!! *DUN DUN DUN DAHHHHH*
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Kiryu Gwangi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 am

Iceking wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9s3uveNQmQ

Looks like Spino is going to be playable in Primal Carnage.

Kinda expected the Spino to be playable to be honest. Wish they used a different roar, though I like how it can use it's claws.

Murloc Tyrannus wrote:They should add levels with water, along with Deinosuchus, despite it not being a dinosaur. The game could use aquatic stuff.

Makes me think of a picture of a T-rex swimming and the forum about the game saying that the game would've allowed swimming. Honestly, I'd love a swimming option(even if I hadn't played the game yet), and I would especially want to see the Rex and Spino swimming and ambushing people.

I also want to see a Dino vs Dino mode, where both sides are dinosaurs and they basically fight to the death. I'd also like a mode where it's an entire team(human or dinosaur) against a boss, like a Deinosuchus or Giganotosaurus.
Discord is best non-pony.

Check out my group:
http://dragonsandchimeras.deviantart.com/
Kiryu Gwangi
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 pm

I also want to see a Dino vs Dino mode, where both sides are dinosaurs and they basically fight to the death. I'd also like a mode where it's an entire team(human or dinosaur) against a boss, like a Deinosuchus or Giganotosaurus.

I agree with what KG said, although having T-rex in that mode might be quite a problem, as Giga was still bigger than T-rex, but they're both larger carnivores than the rest of the dinosaur team. This could lead to problems, like the T-rex doing too much damage, or the Giga having to basically focus on the T-rex but nothing else. I don't see any problems with humans as a team, though.

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Previous

Return to General Games