Minecraft

Video game reviews and discussion.

Re: Minecraft

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 am

Time for an update on my Minecraft work.

Since 1.8 came out, my old fortress has been bugging out like crazy. So, grudgingly and with much disappointment, I left it behind me and proceeded to work on a replacement. Not wanting to waste so much time on constructing a fortress from scratch in Survival mode, and not wanting to lose the challenge of Survival, I decided to download a console command mod to give me the abilities of Creative mode without losing the ability to revert to simple old Survival mode.

The end result:

The Epica Fortress

I was inspired by multiple things in the design, most notably the Chernobyl Sarcophagus and the helmets of a few notable figures in fantasy culture :P

block for block, this one is very likely smaller than my mountain base, seeing as the doors on this place seem much bigger in comparison to the overall scale compared to the base. I intend to supersize it if I ever find a mod that boosts the map height a few hundred blocks.

The lava KP Logo makes a return here, with 4 of them laid out across from each face of the tower.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... ibrary.png

The Library is set in the lower half of the tower. the lava you see running down the walls between the heat-sink-styled grills is the same that you see behind the glass in the library.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... ngarea.png

The kitchen is where the food is cooked, as well as where ore is smelted. using lava as lighting and an on-hand disposal point for anything I have but don't need.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... ehouse.png

Storage for the resources I gather throughout my time in the game. split into Ores, Organics, Tools, Utility items [furnaces, chests, redstone torches, flint n' steel, ladders, so on and so forth], construction and items gathered from the Nether and the End [when it's introduced]. In the centre is a magma pool that's used for waste disposal. large amounts of dirt that I cant use gets dumped there, among other things I deem useless.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... orge-1.png

The Forge is where 90% of the lava I gather is located. fully stocked it's capable of generating between 250 and 278 blocks of obsidian. It's also very convenient as a mob trap if they ever manage to break into the fortress.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/ ... icRoom.png

Finally, the Panic Room. If everything goes to hell, I would lock myself up in here. double layers of blast-proof obsidian. I plan to add a layer of water flowing down the walls from the roof of the obsidian cube so that blocks inside the room aren't damaged by the blast in spite of the shielding. at present, the walls would not break, and you wouldn't be hurt, but blocks placed inside the room can be destroyed by the shockwave passing through the walls. annoying, but avoidable with water. there's a lava fireplace with glass separating it from the wool flooring, a furnace to the side to cook the food stored in the chest, and a workbench for making whatever tools or weapons or other things I could possibly need [including cake. cake's nice too]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 am

Well done! That is quite the menacing fortification fit for a king!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:36 am

Somehow me CS and TT where able to put aside our pony differences to make this glorious pwny mansion. Couple of MC days of work, surprised we where this productive, shortly after this picture was taken I had to kill CS because he had strayed from the pwny path of righteousness.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Galaxia » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Nice pad there TR,I myself just build underground "vaults" where I store a few of every flora and a few fauna to keep up with my paranoia of nuclear apocalypse and preserving life on earth
Galaxia
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby C S » Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Airship adventures ahoy

Leaving home

The airship

Riding on the plank-wing like a boss

Also Desrium skin (courtesy of TTR) in armor. Armorception
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I'll post my buildings later. Especially the Temple of Druids. It's so friggin' awesome. But I'll post some of the skins I've made. (Mostly Monster Hunter Skins)

Rathalos

Rathian

Gigginox

Felyne

Melynx

Khezu

Image Image
Deviljho + Enraged Deviljho

Image Image
Nargacuga + Enraged Nargacuga

Image Image
Tigrex + Enraged Tigrex

Royal Ludroth

And finally, the Murloc skin. *COUGHIWOULDMAKETHISLOLCOUGH*

And yes, they actually work. These aren't all of my skins, and I'll post some more when I can.
"Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and DEATH." ~Valentine

"When you gotta go you gotta go." ~Ian Malcolm

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Shadowblade360X » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 pm

I still play Minecraft my name on there is Static360 I play tons of survival and build an awesome house.
Shadowblade360X
Worm
Worm

Postby C S » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:56 pm

New place TT, TTR and I were working on. We got a lot done before TT went insane and ran off into the night, TTR got scared and built his own place

C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Yian Garuga

Yeti

I'm working on more skins for you guys. PM me if you want to request a skin to be made. Be warned, though: I'm a lazy ***, so you might not get it right away.

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Lord Driskull » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 am

I have Minecraft for Xbox, but I always wanted the PC version.

I gotta get around to buying it.

Pointy end goes into evil monster.
Lord Driskull
Worm
Worm

Postby Murloc Tyrannus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 am

Do you guys have a server for all of us?

Murloc Tyrannus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Updated pictures of my tower. The room at the very top is the master bedroom. Just cause. :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Murloc Tyrannus wrote:Do you guys have a server for all of us?

We don't per say, but when people are in a minecrafty mood, sometimes TT hosts one.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:59 am

So the tower's been recently revamped. Finding out how to switch to creative mode, I decided to see how much more I could enhance the fortress. So far, it's become quite the sight. obsidian and bedrock blocks were used to give it a bit of contrast and elegance. Aside from that and its nigh-indestructibility, not much else has changed from an exterior point of view.

As you can see the panic room has also received a facelift, as well as an unseen security improvement. In addition to being completely indestructible, the interior now has quarts instead of obsidian for the fireplace, giving a bit of variety. Paintings have been placed on the walls, and an expansion has been done to the area around the gigantic obsidian cube that is the panic room, in order to install a water barrier. What this means is that now, even if you were to wrap the entire area around that in dynamite and blow it all up at once, not only would those inside the panic room be safe, but so would the furniture and blocks. Literally nothing would happen to it.

The master bedroom at the highest accessible point of the tower has remained mostly unchanged. The wood flooring has been swapped with something darker and more aesthetically pleasing, but aside from that, nothing's really changed. Since this picture was taken, the bannister/fence/railing/whateveryouwishtocallit has also been swapped with a netherbrick equivalent to fit in more satisfactorily with the floor. And of course, seeing as this is a master bedroom, I've equipped it with an enormous bed, befitting of the master of such a massive building :P

Here, you see one floor of the 5 floor library located at the base of the tower. dark wooden flooring and netherbrick bannister as with the master bedroom, and lighting provided by the lava running down the walls on the exterior. Secondary sources of light are provided by the glowstone running up through the centre back of the staircase on each floor, though that isn't visible in this picture.

Here you get a close up view of the tower's structure. The presence of lava made for more than a couple of messes down at the base. Thankfully, some quick and effective use of sandstone blocks made it easy to isolate and repair the damage. Lesson learned, when you can punch out a bedrock block with one hit, it's usually a good idea to watch your aim regardless of how much more time consuming it is.

And finally, a top down view of the roof of the main fortress, showing off the KP symbols decorating it. Yes, I am narcissistic at times. You guys probably already know that by now :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Previous

Return to General Games