Monster Hunter Discussion Topic

Video game reviews and discussion.

Monster Hunter Discussion Topic

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Seeing that we talk about it so much, I think it is fitting that the game gets its own topic. Well, talk away!

If you want to know more about the world of Monster Hunter, please visit The Monster Hunter Wiki for reference.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re: Monster Hunter Discussion Topic

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 am

G-rank Kirin is quite possibly the msot ANNOYING jerk I have ever fought in MHFU up till now. Every time I try to heal, BLAM. Doesn't matter when i time the healing, he just turns toward me and nails me with an electric attack or with a charge... plus, the one I was fighting was so massive, the only time I could hit the horn was when he was taunting... all other times, I kept bouncing off his hide when my Longsword sharpness dropped below purple... GAAAAH!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:31 am

The ESP skill is a great blessing when fighting G-rank Kirin.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:34 am

Anyone have some tips on how to get a Monoblos Heart? I need it for my Monoblos S armor....

@ Gira: Aim for the horn. You gotta be willing to take risks with a Kirin.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:56 am

G4E:The only way to get a Monoblos heart with a decent chance of carving one or getting it in the rewards is the dual G-rank Monoblos quest, which does have a better chance of one in the rewards than the other Monoblos quests.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 am

>:/ Still gonna be farming Nekoht Monoblos for a while then... Thanks though. I appreciate it.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Reached Jinouga in MHP3rd. I should usually be HR6 by this point, but I've decided that for this game I will save it exclusively for my breaks between lectures to help pass the time. a 4 hour break is way too long to spend just fiddling with the gallery on my phone or playing pacman.

So the result is that I'm going a lot slower. still, drawing out and savoring the entertainment :D
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Godzilla Forever wrote:@ Gira: Aim for the horn. You gotta be willing to take risks with a Kirin.

Just one, TINY problem... the Kirin in question is too freaking huge. It's head stands above the point where I can hit it without it doing it's taunt. Plus,it LOVES to do it's taunt only after I've been nailed and am healing up...

I am currently at an impass in MHFU... Golden Rajang is pure evil incarnate,even with a bow, Golden Ian's a jerk, and G-Rank Teostra... SCREW YOU, INSTA-CHARGE! Atleast Shen Gao Rhen is a walking money supply, and Kushala's a joke with the Claw of Doom/earplugs...don't get me started on G-rank Black Diablos...

You know that feeling of sheer terror when you're in the Old Volcano, and the music begins to play as a GARGANTUAN Black Gravios charges at you from the magma? Yeah.... love that... I just love the original MH themes more than the MHFU themes... aside from Kushala and MAYBE Narga...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Gira:Try the method of using a Hypnocatrice weapon with the ESP skill to put the Kirin to sleep, then blow it up with bombs. It'll make the fight go by sooner and the explosions will always knock him off his feet, letting you nail that horn.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:31 am

So for curiousity's sake, I tried out The Final Invitation to see how bad a Rajang is.

Biggest mistake of my hunting career. Literally 15 seconds before I got pwned.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:48 am

GWAHAHAHAHAHA! You gotta love Rajang, G4E... Damn overpowered Super Saiyan monkey... if you think HE's a jerk, then you haven't seen the evil that is Golden Rajang... The horrors....

A fun tip I can reccomend for the Final Invintation.... Sleepbomb the Rajangs with the aid of traps... the first one, if done right, will go down in 5 minutes... the second, another 10.. but personally, I used the Blangonga Longsword... took 17 or so minutes, but both went down eventually...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:55 am

I'mma try to get some stronger armor and a better version of my whimpy Blango Decimator. I did the quest to see how long i'll last.

Thanks for the tip, though. Might wanna try to make a Hypno weapon then.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Finally got one of the Big Elder Dragon Jewels I need, so now I have full Kushala Daora X armor. 1 down, 4 to go... this is gonna be ALOT of fun...

Golden Rajang is still a jerk. Good night... those attacks... they do WAY too much...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 am

Alright, so not only have I killed the Nargacuga, the Golden Moon wyvern and the Silver Sun wyvern, but I also completed the final invitation and have 2 rajang under my belt. Now, to kill the Nekoht rajang and *sigh* two tigrex....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:21 pm

have you taken down the One Horned Devil with Nekoht?
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Went to the MH Tri G official site a few minutes ago and Green Plessy is on the list of monsters.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 am

@ IK: Really? Great.... :P

@ KP: I tried it..... pure evil incarnate. Almost as bad as a pissed off Tigger. WHEN THE DAMNED THING'S NOT IN RAGE MODE.

Update: I killed the Nekoht rajang... now all I need is the two tigrex, and I can fight akantor.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

And now... with MH 3G out in Japan...

Ceadeus Subspecies!

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 pm

New end monster looks like a combination of Lagi and Fatalis, which is cool. Reminds me of Akantor. It was a brand new monster when it was released, completely unique, except its head, which resembled the title monster of the game: Tigarex. Replace Tigarex with Lagi and presto you have the new monster.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 am

Killed the akantor.

@ Gira: Pretty interestin'....

@ TT: It IS pretty cool, but they seem to like putting final boss monsters in the volcano...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Next

Return to General Games