Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis: favourite building tactics

Video game reviews and discussion.

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis: favourite building tactics

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:06 pm

Here, you can share your building and park managing techniques with the rest of the members:

Note: most of my building tactics are expensive, so i suggest you try and find alternatives, and share them...

heavier Tornado Protection: anyone notice that having several mountains between the edge of the island and the park in the center keeps Tornados away for longer? well, i tried it once, putting 2 rows of the largest scale mountains in the game, around my park [which was rather small at the time, but expensive]. i did this as an experiment, since i was having a number of tornados hitting my park noe after the other [3 tornados, one appearing after the first disappears...etc :shock: ]. i was sick of trying to repair my park so much, so i decided to try something. i made those 2 rows of mountains, just in time to see the 4th tornado of the year [game year, 2002], appear on the edge of the island. i watched it closely, and lo and behold, the tornado was slowed down when going over the first mountain ring! :shock: . i continued to watch as it finally got over that one, and hit the second one. it took just as long to get over that one. it got over it, and still had a short way ot go before hitting my park....and it disappeared! :shock: it worked! my natural tornado barrier worked! :D . of course, i was hopping up and down for a short while after that, happy that i finally had a permenent Tornado breaker. it costed my a small fortune, but it was cheaper and easier than having to spend just as much repairing all the restaurants, Rest Rooms, Sitting areas, Souvenir stands, security buildings and attractions over and over again!

several more tornados hit me in the following year, but of 3, only 1 actually hit the park severely. the other 2 only managed to get past the square enclosure that surrounded the park itself.

2: Super safe Park enclosures: ever had that problem with Velociraptors and other small predators or dinos in general, escape the enclosures and go wandering throughout the outside of the park? well, i made myself a little security system against it. it's expensive, but fun when you want to really feel like your managing a park. what i do is make an outer inclosure, AROUND the main one, and split it into seperate "cells", seperated by an enclosure wall, and having 4-8 sentry turrets, one in each corner if small, and another one in the center of each of the walls themselves, if large. anything that escapes, is dead meat. add to that that i have 1 sentry turret in front of each fence piece on the inside of the park, so that i can down a predator fast if it escapes into the park...

NOTE: many of my building strategies are used when i'm in Site B mode, since im not limited by cash. i can then see how far i can go as far as designing the ultimate park goes. i actually enjoy that more than playing a normal OG game...but that may change since i have CEP 1.05 now...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:03 pm

About your security tactics I just inclose every dino in small fenece since they hardly ever try to escape but back to the topic I make my paths zig zag past all the small dinos exhibits so they have to look at the small guys before they get Tyranno and Spino.

About your financial problems since cep came out you cant make a sale on your food shops etc so jst put your entrance fee bewteen 1000$ 1500 and yoll rake in cash
:) :)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Snowstalker » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:05 am

If you want something quick, press [,right, right, [, ], down. You'll get $250,000.
Troodon shall live again!
Snowstalker
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Ya but dats cheating :( :( :(
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby chook151 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 pm

i like building large enclosures, for big dinos such as spino, trex,carcharadontosaurus and acro.

i also like making duel arenas for people to see the monsters battle it out! :twisted: :twisted:
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:52 am

I pretty much cram everything into one city, surrownd it with fences. Make a safari area, use the mountain option put the smallest mountain around the island and above several enclosurs, It is a great way for guests to see the dinosaurs in the classiv JP style. Especially sence they can't go all the way up the lowest mountain. They don't escape, and the guests love it.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby chook151 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:45 am

OMG! i made just 1 carch kill 19 spinos!, oh, now hes killed twenty, and hes only biting! no finishing off moves or anything! not even rampage!! :shock:
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Return to General Games