Dino Crisis 2

Video game reviews and discussion.

Dino Crisis 2

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:05 pm

Dino Crisis 2 is one of my all time favorite games.I has great gameplay,good graphics (for its time),a great story,and beautyfull cinamatics.The levels are long and kind of hard but not hard enough to make you want to scream.This game isn't simple though.I actually makes you think!The weapons and dinosaurs are the greatest features.The Anti-Tank gun is my favorite.The name explains it all.And the species of dinosaurs is stunning for a game this old.The species include:
Tyrannosaurus
Compsognathus
Giganotosaurus
Velociraptor
Ticeratops
Oviraptor
Allosaurus
Mosasaur
Plesiosaurus
Pteranodon
Inostrancevia

I definitely give it a 5/5
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:12 pm

i have the game but i waited to long to instal it so my garanti is over and the game doesnt work
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:22 pm

That sucks its a really good game like i stated before.They also have an area if you beat the game on any difficulty.You can be everything but the water creatures and flying creatures.And you can't be Giga..... :( .But you can be Rex and COMPY!Ya i have beat the game 4 or 5 times.Still dont have compy....
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:26 pm

but that was a long time a go maby it was my pc it might work now
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Okay, i searched for this game so much after i'd played dino crisis 1. I'd loved everything about it and i couldn't wait to get the sequel. But... (don't hate me!) I don't think it was as good as the original. I didn't like the idea of dinosaurs regenerating if you left then re-entered the room. That was my main anooyance at it. But oher than that it was a great game. I remember completing it once and unlocking about 3 of the (is it 5 people you can unlock?) characters. Then i read a walkthrough and found out you can unlock the dinos on the arena!! I couldn't wait!

I played the game through again thouroughly, making sure i got the most points possible. Then i finally finished it, and got to the unlock screen. Two people left. There were no dinos to pickl. So i assumed once you've unlocked the people, the dinos come up. So i unlocked both people with ease. I had loads left over. BUT to my utter annoyance, the other screen never came up. I pressed everything i could to try and get up but nothing worked. I had to quit back to the title screen.

I can only assume that i will have to complete the game AGAIN for the dinos to come up as unlockables. And ireally couldn't be bothered, as much as i want to control them... :cry:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:36 pm

i don't remember the details, but i DO remember you only need to beat the game once to unlock the dinos. most likely it was a different screen you looked at. :wink:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:04 pm

I never beat Dino Crisis 1 or 3 but my friend has beaten Dino Crisis 3.
TyrannoTitan

Postby o-eternal-o » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:15 pm

Never played dino crisis 3 but i would like to. Completed 1 and 2. I actually thought 1 was quite scary as the raptors would jump out of you from nowhere. Thats probably why i didn't like dino crisis 2 so much. It avoided the survival horror genre and kinda became more survival than horror.

Oh, and if i did miss the screen where i could unlock the dinos, i'm gonna be more annoyed than before! I was so close.... :cry:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 pm

I have the first one. I wanted to play this one, but just never got around to it. Now, I don't really care anymore. :P
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby chook151 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:42 am

ive finished DC1, DC2 , DC3 & DS1 A KATRILLION TIMES!
i dont like it how in DC2 you have to use a sattelite to kill the giganotosaurus...
and dc3 is weird
and I think DC1 is the most realistic, and the best(although it sucks how you only get 3 weapons)
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Peter the Reaper » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:18 am

I loved Dino Crisis 1, and I do say LOVED. Dino 2 was so-so, it was a let down for me... far easier and the plot wasn't so interesting...*sigh*
Dino Crisis 3 never played and don't intend to... cross-over of DC with Resi in a futuristic environment is a huge NO-NO for DL...
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Crusher » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:22 am

I completed Dcrisis 1,2,3. I love them all. But it does suck to see Giga kill Rex.
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby o-eternal-o » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:00 pm

I've never played 3, although i'd like to. But the lack of a Xbox prevents me from doing so..... meh, oh well.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:03 pm

Ya.....Don't get Dino Crisis 3. It kinda sucks.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:06 pm

i never liked the idea of Dino cyborg future space things... :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:01 pm

isnt DC about wired dinos that stand up straight and use guns?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:23 pm

No.......Its about people going to a strange island that opened a time portal and dinosaurs came out.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:03 am

Whoah I was way off. But there is definatly a game like I discribed out there somewhere
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Crusher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:32 pm

You are talking about Turok aren't you.
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:49 am

Thats the one! terrible game I might add.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Next

Return to General Games