Godzilla UNLEASHED

Video game reviews and discussion.

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:13 am

Battra should be an interesting character.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:20 am

...Battra looks funny :?
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:11 pm

Battra is a PS2 exclusive, thats why.

I plan to get the PS2 Version and write a review (Which will be posted here).
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:39 pm

makes the G- fans who sold there PS2's for the wii feel pritty stoopid
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:50 pm

CS: No way! The PS2 Version is crap compared to the Wii one. It has only the characters from STE, Battra, and Obsidious.

No Bio.

No Varan.

Still haven't gotten the PS2 Version yet...
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:53 pm

uh....huh

yea....

you say that, but before I pop my lid because my bro is screaming at ny dog and get pissed and start flamming, les keep opinions to our self

time to get my bro into his room, and keep him there.

I cant wait to buy it!
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:00 am

lol, dude, I had alot of faith in the PS2 Version, but according to the people who have it, it doesn't have ANY of the new monsters. Only Battra and Obsidious.

This isn't a console war. This is fact. Wii has more features and monsters. But that doesn't make the PS2 Version bad. I really hope the story makes up for the lack of monsters.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:33 am

PS2 version should be decent if it has Obsidious, but I'll miss Titanosaurus and the other new guys. D: Stupid console restrictions.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:01 am

My Review:

PreGame

First of all, I greatly enjoyed Godzilla: Save the Earth (STE), despite everyone's disapproval of it when it was released. I don't consider myself a critic; I'm a man of simple pleasures. STE was a typical fighter based on a series I loved, and therefore I enjoyed the game.

Menu and Features

Beautiful. Very creative, very sleek. Simple, but the lack of features was a bit of a let down. The slow - fast setting for the battles is gone. Military options: Gone. Only two customizable features are Visable/Invisable Barriers, and the English/Japanese setting.

Roster

BIG let down here, people. Returning monsters: All of the cast of STE. New monsters: Two. Thats right. Two. Battra and Obsidious. Thats IT. Very disappointing in this department, with the lack of monsters such as Titanosaurus and Biollante.

Maps

Well designed, and-surprisingly-looks good for a PS2 game. They still have the natural disasters for each map, and the crystals that occasionally appear. There are two types of crystals: One that gives off an orange glow: Energy. And one that gives off a blue glow: Health. Both up your critical mass meter, which will be discussed later.

Story

The best feature of the game. The story is great and the possibilities are endless; I can't even begin to tell you everything that happens. One moment I am Godzilla 2K, beating mutants and aliens alike to save the earth. The next, I am the same creature, but am destroying everything in my path, taking power surges-various enhancements giving to monsters by the crystals, only attained by defeating the monsters with the surges-for myself and becoming enemies with every faction.

Critical Mass

A section to itself, the mode is pritty basic, however. When you brake a certain amount of crystals, you go into Critical Mass, in which your monster is faster, stronger, but defenses drop. Its very useful in fights against bigger enemies. Negatives: Your basically glowing red, unlike the Wii Version's Critical Mass, and don't grow in size.

Gameplay

Very simple and fun, its the second best feature of the game. The attacks are basically the same as STE, with a few new ones and some changes. The beaming system is the old, STE style, as is the health system. You aren't able to beam and move :? But its still enjoyable and easy, very easy to learn and inprove at.

Replay Value

Another great feature. You can play through the story mode many times and get different results, which makes each time enjoyable. The replay value is very high, and makes the game alot more entertaining.

Overall

I, unlike some other G Fans, enjoy the game greatly. It is everything STE should have been, and more. Despite the lack of features and monsters, its still very enjoyable. Do I like it better then the Wii Version? I can't say, because the Wii Version has yet to be released, but from what I've seen, no, the Wii Version has it beat. Does this mean I'll trade it in the minute the other Version comes out? No. If I don't feel like swinging the Wii Mote around (Or just feel lazy :P), it'd be nice to have another Version to play with classic controls.

My Rating: 8/10

There also might be a chance for Zilla...Despite his lack of copyright on the box, he COULD be being called "Godzilla 1998" :wink:
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:33 pm

there is godzilla 90's

Godzilla 98's
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:09 pm

Um...yes, there is Godzilla 1990s, but there might also be Godzilla 1998.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:28 pm

MECHA GODZILLA'75 REVEALED!!!
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 pm

He WAS revieled.

Long time ago.

But ya, his card is on Godzilla.com.
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Why isn't Mechagodzilla 2 on it?
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 pm

Mr. Strange said SpaceGodzilla, Godzilla 90s, and Godzilla 54 were the "secret characters" of the game.

But IGN wanted to reviel SpaceGodzilla, so they revieled the others with it. So the original 23 were all those on the site, minus SpaceGodzilla, and adding MechaG 2, SpaceGodzilla, G 90s, and G 54 being secrets. But ya...
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:22 pm

Why? All of those monsters (except Godzilla '54, which is understandable) were monsters in the past games.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 pm

I saw the trailer of godzilla unleashed on TV

it should be on YT!
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Got the game, played the game.

It is pure awesome.

I'll write a review later...
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:15 pm

the unlinear story is...?

also

amazon.com revierws

This is the Worst Game and Rip Off in Video Game History. It is Just like playing "Godzilla:Save the Earth" all over again. We don't get the NEW GIGAN, KING CAESAR, TITANOSAURUS, VARAN, BIOLLANTE, or even that other made up monster KRYSTALIK! We only get the one Made up Monster OBSIDIUS, Like I care about made up monsters, Biggest RIP OFF in PS2 History! I feel like I am playing the same game over again, If you wanted all them new monsters, Don't buy this PS2 game. This made my Thanksgiving a little miserable. I can't believe ATARI would pull a Stunt like this! Oh PS2 don't get the New Monsters, But WII does! I Blew a complete 40 Bucks on a game I already have!!!!

Ok fans of the 1st game Godzilla : STE will remember the unlockable monster store (which has returned) but with several twists this time
such as you Must First unlock a Faction before you may buy monsters From that Faction
such as the aliens faction, mutants, or global defence force, even the earth defence force.
you take control of one of these forces in the story mode and in the beginning it's a tad easy because you do not have to fight anything at all.
I stomped a few piles of small crystals and smashed a few bigger ones (they grow) and noticed a few monsters fighting in the background that didn't seem to mind what I was doing. in later rounds you Must Fight and this is where I was let down by atari, because the controls are not nearly as tight as Save the Earth nor are the graphics as clean (I Noticed quite a bit of graininess throughout the game)
however the monster models look and even seem to act better then before godzillas' fire and glowing back fins return from the previous game with good effect.
overall it's save the earth with a Single New TOHO approved monster(which I will not name.)
needless to say with 4 player action and decent gameplay this game will definately be bought up and played by many I just wish the graphics had more polish because the sound is so rich and the gameplay so fun (even though marred by blocky controls)
no online modes this time was a bit of a surprise and an unfortunate one.
However the destructable arenas aka cities ROCK!
this time they don't rock back and forth like jello when you hit one you actually take chunks of building out (does not work on all buildings) it's a good graphical effect and one I was pleased with this game is a blast multiplayer and it's all on one screen and thankfully this time the camera issues seem to have been addressed.

Graphics: 4 stars could have been Way better but monster models are excellent and building destruction and detail is excellent.

Sound: TOHO Perfect! 5 stars

Gameplay: not perfect but easy controls and a simple plot make the controls bearable. 4 stars.

overall: 4 stars buy godzilla save the earth if you can get it new otherwise this is the godzilla game to get.

Very disapponted. Same as Godzilla Save the Earth but lacking the things that were fun with the old game. There are no mingames, no new monsters (unless they are locked and I just can't see them, but they (King caeser and Biolante) are not mentioned in the booklet. Cut scenes are comic book like (still photos) and voice over is hardly audible. My son (who is six) LOVES the old game. This one has made him cry many times.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Anaclagon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:37 am

I seriously would get the game if Zilla is in it but either way the game still looks good.

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General Games