King Kong

Video game reviews and discussion.

King Kong

Postby mega raptor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:36 pm

Has anyone else played this game? It's really fun, and parts of it can actually scare you. Honestly, parts of it can be really, really, really creepy if you don't like bugs. Honestly, some of the megapedes are 8 feet long, rear up, hiss at you and attack you like some sort of freaky cobra.... There's this one level when they come out of every freakin' hole in the wall... And another where one suddenly jumps out of the water at you... *shudders*

Anyways, my phobias aside, the game is really good, but it's very short. Only a few hours long, if you know what you're doing. It's pretty linear too, so there isn't much to explore, and its not like there are any hidden items or anything to go back and uncover, other than a few little extras. And it's rather easy, too, but the points system after you beat the game the first time is more than enough reason to have you playing through again.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby chook151 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:39 pm

i have finished this game 1000000000000000000,00000000000000000000
,00000000000000000000000,00000000000000000000 times before it stoped working on my PS2, its fun, but the level with the sauros is definatly the hardest lv, i give it: graphs:7/10 gameply:8/10 action:9/10 total:9/10 8)
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby mega raptor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Uh... Sauros? Do you mean the invincible armored Tyrannosaurs (Venatosaurs)? Or the agile and pack-hunting Utahraptor like Venatosaurs? Or is it the level with the Brontosaurs? And what do you mean the hardest level? There are multiple levels with each.

And one thing I forgot to mention previously: for some reason, the natives are always trying to kill you. Weren't they almost all killed in the movie? And why are they beyond their Wall? Don't they need to be behind it, away from all the nasty dinosaurs and bugs to have any chance to surviving? It seemed a little weird to me when I found them trying to set traps for both Kong and Jack for some stupid reason... I mean, isn't Kong a god to them or something? Seems a little like a plot hole to me...

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 am

beated the game was fun but TO DAMN SHORT and a week city part
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby chook151 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:17 pm

uhh mega raptor, let me correct you:

the invincible v-rexs are called vastatosaurus rex, the raptors are venatosaurus, and by sauros i meant brontos, the lv where they can step on you.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:42 am

I wish this game was ten times longer. I like beatting the liveing tar out of the V-rexes with Kong. Although it happened to much. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:18 pm

I wish it was more open. I mean being able to encounter all the animals at any time. You would still have to save Ann but in a different way...

Personally, I love the last human level (or at least I think its the last one) With the 2 Raptors and the Baby V-rex. Not the one called "Venatosaurus" the other one.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:20 pm

i wish it had more rpg elements so that you could train skills and and upgrade
your accuratie and so on but on the other hand it was a fine game and those bugs where buggy
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:22 pm

I love impailling the little ***** to the walls :twisted: .
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:23 pm

i love to make my favorite diner :ant on a stick :D
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:29 pm

PST! They aren't ants!

I hate the water beasts....I just wish I could kill them!!
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Indeed, they are irritating, but then again, that's what cheating is for. Now if you saw a Pirahnodon (and I suspect those are the hatchlings of them) then that, I think, would really annoy you. It would have made a great enemy after Rapids... And... *shudders* Stickalithus would have been the creepiest creatures in the game if they were included.... And Carvers. Those would have been cool, but not nearly as creepy as Megapedes. Well, maybe, if you had them jumping out of trees like Megapedes out of walls, I know that having one of them jump down on me would scare me. Anything else? Nope, not much else I can think of. And yes, I know that no one else has no idea what I'm talking about.

And yes, TT, it is very entertaining to impale the Megapedes on the walls... There's something very satisfying about that. Very satisfying indeed.

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:47 pm

LOL! Ya....and what animals did you say? I only know Vastosaurus Rex, Venatosaurus, Megapedes, Brontosaurus, and I think thats it.

I am kinda glad they kept those slug things out of the game *shudder*
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:07 pm

Pirahnodon: Basically, the 50-foot child of a shark and a pirahna.

Stickalithus: A spider that's big enough to eat dinosaurs. Enough said.

Carvers: If I'm correct, they're mammal-like reptiles that have the rough intelligence of Venatosaurs. They hunt in pairs in the trees, and even have a heat-sensitive organ similiar to certain breeds of snakes.

As for the Carnictus, (the giant tumors/earth-worms/slugs that ate Lumpy) I don't think they'd be too much of a threat. They'd only be seen in a few areas (they need warm water to survive) and even then, since they're so slow, they're easy targets.

As for how I know all this? A book called "The World of Kong: A Natural History of Skull Island."

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:09 pm

See what you did! Now I got to go buy that book...
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Oh, no! I made someone want to read! I'm so horrible, I should be tried and sentenced to death by lethal injection! :P

mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:17 pm

You....monster!
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:01 am

i liked the part where your on the the raft and the v-rexs are chasing you, so cool, but its so annoying when they bite bits of the raft off.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Ya I love that part. I think the only Kong Parts I like are when you fight V-rexs. I LOVE the part where you fight three of them. Did you know that you can throw them off the waterfall?
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:PST! They aren't ants!

I hate the water beasts....I just wish I could kill them!!

you can kill them :P :s:s
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Next

Return to General Games