Game Making

Video game reviews and discussion.

Game Making

Postby Dinonerd » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:03 am

Alright, me and 3 friends all are experienced with computers and something with gaming. We have decided to make a company that will hopefully go big in the gaming business. I as a modeller(still learning) and the others as coders have come up with an amazing story idea for a game that we will make and we want it to go big. And the story is so great that even people i trust so much i don't tell. I'm not even telling my brother :lol: . But i'll give you an idea. It involves a race of humans that didn't die out, and dinosaurs didn't die out either. But what i just gave you of a hint has not much to do witht he story. It looks boring there but the story is a million times better then that hint i gave you. I'll be sure to contact you when i'm a big shot and making the game :D :lol: .
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 am

not if i get there first....im planning something WAAAAAAAAAY bigger than a Game company. im planning something more along the lines of a Trade, Game making, Car producing, Mobile Phone producing, Tool producing company, with branches in all sortys of places...

maybe i'll be the one to contact you to help make a game, or fund your game idea if it's good enough... :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dinonerd » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 am

But i do trust you but i actually can't tell you the idea until we start making it because it could be stolen, word could leak out. And i do not want that to happen :( . I wish i could tell you but i would get angry at myself and my friends would getr agry at me becasue we have been developing the idea of the game form a year now.

You would have to be extremely rich to do what you are htinking of...
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:38 am

not really. start off small, trading small, maybe working with Car dealers, and rare things in our part of the world [an example is Lucozade, an energy drink that i really like, but cant find here. i have to go to the UK to get some, unless i get our current mega market to deliver some, and it's too expensive with them :x ], and sell it in the middle east for a 25%+ price, since they wouldn't be able to get it anywhere else, they'd buy it. and since at the start, i'd be such a small company, i'd be able to undercut all the big ones, meaning that i could sell things for prices they cant afford to sell them at. and so my business would get bigger and bigger. add to that that by then, we'll have been getting a steady flow of quite alot of cash [through another business plan], and i'll be growing like crazy. soon, it'll become big enough to be able to move onto the more expensive things in the market. when the trading has earned me enough money, i'll move on to producing stuff. games, cars, phones, tools...etc. if 3 guys with a bit of coding and modelling experience can think up and start planning a game as good as you say, what do you think a few million Dinars [1 Kuwaiti Dinar= 4 US Dollars, which is why you shouldn't be surprised if i happen to say 1000$ isn't much in my opinion :P , because it's only 250 KD, which on some times of the year, i carry around in my pocket like it's a quarter, not taking any notice of it :P ], high quality equipment, and a dedicated game development team will do?! ideas are ENDLESS! :D

but true, keep the idea quiet. dont want a good idea to be stolen by some thief...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:38 am

well starting up a game company,sounds like your little kids
i'm sorry but you better start with a mod for a game and then do so game creating,also keep in mind you need large funds,powerfull pc's,expensive programs,etc,etc,

but still goood luck :)
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:57 am

little kids? well, i guess people like Will Wright, the makers of Akella, EA Games, Atari, Konami, Capcom, Bethesda, Crytek, Activision and others, are all kids...
i can get the cash and stuff when my plan gets going...and that cash will get me the programs, PCs and tools to do it...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:45 pm

kingpin you understood me wrong i mean how old are you dino nerd
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:04 pm

I agree with yuke it sounds like your seven years old day dreaming (NOT SAYING THAT IS TURE)
I think you should start by makeing a mod for the source engine, based on your idea. Im learning how to model as well. :D What progarm are you using, Im using Softimage and it works pretty well for me, though I cant animate at all :(
And KP it isnt that easy. Bigger compinys will crush you if you try sell at prices they cant afford. But the lucozade idea is a good one. When I was traveling in Africa, I managed to sumggle 60 cream eggs back into Ireland, I sold them at 400% of the original price. In euros a cream egg in botswanna is about 15 cent, in Ireland they are 80 cent. I sold at 60 cent. Bought a new game with my profits.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:30 pm

how will they crush me? sue me for being better than them? :P if i sell for cheaper prices than they do, i earn profits. they cant sue me for doing business, and dont have any other weapon, unless of course...they try and pull off an illegal stunt...mafia :P . they could try and buy me out, but, regardless of how high they offer, i refuse. why? because a constant flow of money that has the potential to keep flowing for as long as there're customers is better than a huge wad of cash which will finish sometime soon...
also, i have thought my idea through for a while [nearly a year]. i've thought of anything that could possibly effect my plans, and so far, haven't found anything. if you can think of a threat, please let me know. i'd be interested...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:42 pm

Someone with wayyyyyy more money than you starts selling stuff at super low prices for a short time, you go out of business as all your customers flock to mister money bags. Assuming you arent a billionaire to begin with.
Oh and what would you do if lucozade shut down. Your success largely hangs on other peoples success and failure, meaning ALOT of possible problems
and you say threats as if it is something that a hit man should be sent after.
Oh well, but seriously, is it safe to debate your future bussiness plans online?
I mean you would never see Doctor Doom chatting about his lattest world dommination plot ehhh.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:49 pm

heheh, true. but keep in mind, i might not be mentioning the KEY to my plan now, would i? :wink:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:12 pm

THE KEY TO KPS PLAN: " Step 1: ask Dad for a phonebook and a wad of cash.
Step 2: serach phonebook for top rated assassins.

Step 3: Hire most promissing assassin to kill top bussiness compedeters.

Step 4: Hire assassain to kill the last assassin, preventing him from talking to the police.

Step 5: WORLD DOMMINATION MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"
Subject to change
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:52 am

If you must know i am making three hl2 mods atm, and making sounds for an actual game that will be released. The mods are, Dino-Instinct, Jurassic Life and Jurassic Park Source.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Giganotosaurus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:27 pm

Dinonerd wrote:If you must know i am making three hl2 mods atm, and making sounds for an actual game that will be released. The mods are, Dino-Instinct, Jurassic Life and Jurassic Park Source.

I knew about Dino-Instinct and Jurassic Life but there's also a Jurassic Park Source! SWEET. I've gotten the Visitor's Center map that I downloaded from a link on the Jurassic Life site and made many poses in Gmod on it.
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:36 pm

its not because i don't post much that i'm not on guard mates ;)

this is a bump
Locking
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Return to General Games