There are also 7 classes to be:

Hunter

Burglar

Captain

Guardian

Champion

Lore-Master

Minstrel

I plan to pre-order this game today (I get to go play the open beta!) I will tell you guys of my experiance of the game later.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:05 pm

Is it monthly charge?
I saw a preveiw and the man narrating it reapeated these words in every section " we have a standered......" Standered combat, standered everything
no new ground breaking features. As you said WoW just lord of the rings
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 pm

Ya....

It looks very nice though. It has more exciting combat then WoW (In WoW you hit every 5-8 seconds, in this (in the videos I saw...) you hit many times in a small amout of time) You have things like the Nazgul to face (Felbeasts and Horse-riders) Trolls, the Witch King, and many other LOTR enemies (Theres a rumor that you can find, and TRY to kill, the Balrog :shock: )

Personally, I want to get to the highest level just to hunt down the Balrog. That ******* is mine!

Also, the costs kinda confuse me. They say $9.99 a month OR $200 LIFETIME. So I think that if you pay mothly enough, you will eventually reach a point where you don't have to pay anymore.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:35 pm

Hmmmm the Balrog would be preety cool but dont trust EA, they spread lots of rumors, in BF2s manual they say to be-carefull of shooting at tanks as the bullets might richcoet off and hit a team mate. Yet in game that doesnt happen.
As for confusion on costs, 200$ now= never have to pay again, or 9.99$= 9.99$ a month
The 200$ life time charge is for people who realise they hate the game, but cant cancel their subscription as they have already paid. :evil:
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:52 pm

What are you talking about? You can probably, like WoW, pick something like "Pay for 3 months" So, when you reach that 3rd month, your subscription freezes and you have to re-new it. EVERY online game allows you to cancel the subscription. And it doesn't look like a bad game. I'm not really a LOTR fan (I'm starting to become one. Thank you Battle for Middle Earth 2 :P ) but I still want the game.

One last thing: The rumors weren't started by EA, the fans started them. I would make a group/guild/fellowship/steak house (I don't know what they call it!) FOCUSED on finding and killing the Balrog. After I saw Gandolf fight it, it was my LOTR based dream to kill that thing! And I fricken will!
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:47 pm

I played the beta of this, and I must say that this game truly ROCKS! There are many things to do around Middle-Earth. It's $9.99 a month if you preorder the game online, $14.99 if you don't. You also have the option of paying $199 for a lifetime of play.

Here's the main website for all the info on the game.
http://lotro.turbine.com/
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 pm

Ya I just installed the beta. Maybe i'll see you online.
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:41 am

Cool, what server do you play under? I play under Brandywine. My character's name is Lonila. She's a hobbit minstrel.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Ya I'm on Brandywine. Name is Faradan.....I think. :lol:

But ya, I added you as a friend.
TyrannoTitan

Return to General Games