TUROK(new)

Video game reviews and discussion.

TUROK(new)

Postby chook151 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:13 am

im not a fan to turok, but this new game they've spouted rocks!!!, its got some of the most amazing graphics ive ever seen!, and its got a t-rex!

heres the link:

http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/turok/index.html

i think its going to be a 4.5 star! :D 8)
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:17 am

Psh! More like 6/5! I've seen this in Game Informer. You can perform fatalities on dinos and evil people. It looks AWESOME.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:06 am

Last I heard it was coming out for PS3, I had prayed that it might be for 360 and now that it is, OH YEAH!!!

Turok Evolution was the pervious game and that was good. It was long and action-packed. It is such a good series, I have not played any of the games from when it started on N64 but I did play Evolution for Xbox and own the game. This new one looks real good. I am now relieved it is for 360. That's going on my wishlist.

In Evolution, you fought the dinosaurs again along with the Dinosouds. But there is a nemesis called the Sleg, a race of lizard people. You fight from the lowlands, to the skies where you fly a quetzalcoatlas. You get new weapons in the game too and allies. The allies behave much like the marines in Halo. But are still valuable nonetheless. You get to play as so many characters in Multiplayer, even raptors! Its a good game Turok Evolution. Even though i had not played much of the series until Evolution, its a excellant shooter game for those who are shooting game fans, dino fans and those who like really long games.

So glad that this game is now going to 360. I love its graphics too.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:10 am

Cool, they are using unreal tournament 2007s engine= lots of expoloisons with cool grapghics. though I have hated the touok seris too long try that :cry:
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:18 pm

I love Unreal Tournament, they made the Unreal Game Engine. They made something no one had ever done before them. So many game companies use their game engine now. Unreal Tournament is a good series. I am so glad the game engine is imported for this game too, that's really good.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:36 pm

I seen screenies of this AGES ago. Before the PS3 was out in America. And i so want it. I've always been a Turok fan. I loved Turok : Seeds of Evil for the N64. I just ove the multiplayer modes and running around as a raptor. So fun ^-^

I do like Evoloution as well, but there's one thing about that that i think lets it down. Well, a few things. Firstly, yes, the actual dinosaurs. They're great. But, they're like on the first 4 levels. Then, all you've got is the lizard men. The majority of the whole game is just shooting these lizard men over and over. I mean, you wouldn't even think it was a dinosaur game. If i wanted an ordinary first person shooter, i would've bought one.

Secondly, the dinosaur AI. It's basically if they see you, they chase you. That's it. It could've been so much better.

Oh, and a little thingy. The Zoo cheat thing. The dinosaurs don't try and attack you. I think it'd be funner if they did.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:45 am

That's true actually. When it gets to the point when you are fighting in the city and further more, it got a bit out of the plot. Even though the Slegs, did have dinosaurs with them, somehow it was just not good. It was the same with T-Rex, when I lured him into the Slegs, the Slegs dropped their weapons and cowered before the animal as he ate them. T-Rex was only encountered 3 times in the entire game. Once in the Quezalcoatlas level right at the start when going through the forest full of air mines. 2nd time in the mountain chapter to reach the Sleg encampment. And then the third time right at the very end of the game where you verse your arch enemy Bruckner, the Texan who has a T-Rex mount in the last mission. The T-Rex in that was stronger and had cool armor on it along with machine guns and other weapons besides its fangs. And it had those bones shaped into horns at sides of its jaws too and the only to bring it down would be to:

A. Use a Minigun

B. Knock the trees down on top of it with a weapon, preferably your war club.

The Multiplayer maps were good too. I like the levels where there were dinosaurs in them such as the Compy's and the one with Treetops where if you fell down the raptors would get you. The nuke attatchment was so damn good. Dark Matter Cube was cool too.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby o-eternal-o » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:45 pm

and the one with Treetops where if you fell down the raptors would get you

That one was so annoying!! I always used to be the raptor, so i couldn't climb back up. So when i fell down, i just had to try and do this very awkward jump to get back on the trampoline thing to bounce me back up. But i'd have raptors chewing at me for the whole of it, plus a death helm was very annoyingly placed where i wanted to jump. So i died all the time
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed May 02, 2007 10:30 am

I remember the first time I used the minigun in multiplayer. At first I saw it was a simply weak gun that fired tiny rounds like a pistol and then I pressed L Trigger that activated the minigun and suddenly this huge Chaingun comes out from the side loaded with ammo and I'm like "****! OH YES! I love this gun!"

Don't forget the nuke! Right after the city chapter when you face the boss riding the Styracosaur. You go up to the tower and grab the nuke attatchment and kill the enemies straight after. First I did that, I saw this ball of pinkish energy charge up and then I let go, I just see it fly toward the ground at the Sleg group that comes busting through the door i need to exit through and then nothing and then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!! Huge explosion, everything below me is killed, no one survives, I see some of the slegs go flying, soaring through the freakin air like no tomorrow.

I wish there had been at least some more levels in Multiplayer with hazards such as sea reptiles. As far as I know there was one level with sea reptiles. And there was levels with Crocodiles in the water too.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby chook151 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:40 am

i like the carnotaurus boss at the last level, anyway, with the new one i hope they have more dinos, and i wish they would change the raptor look, seems too , err, infected. :D
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Mon May 07, 2007 12:35 pm

I love the T-rex look!
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Return to General Games