Postby Cpt.Yuke » Wed May 02, 2007 6:32 pm

anyone played a game from there series?

i played: RED ALERT 2 and Generals

verry cool Overlord Tanks pwn
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:25 pm

I played redalert 2, tiberium sun, generals and zero hour.
I dont really like generals that much.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed May 02, 2007 7:35 pm

I've played Red Alert 2. The game kicked so much ***, but the AI was, again, not upto my standards. If you put yourself in a skirmish against 5 other players, the others would just attack you. They'd never ever attack eachother.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 pm

i've played: Generals, Zero:Hour, and Tiberium Wars: Kane Edition [limited edition]. Red Alert 2 i tried VERY briefly, bt Generals is WAY better IMO. the number of mods available for it is mind boggling. i was just playing the Destructive forces mod. TRUST ME, you DONT want to take me on in that! i went a bit over the top with the Super Weapons [ok...WAY over the top. i used 12 SWs on a tiny Hard base. me vs 4 Hard Armies. i massacred them with Harriers, Supertanks and Supermeapons, and the protection around my base was enough to keep all that precious power safe :P ]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 pm

where can i find that mod KP is it for generals or for Zero hour?
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Thu May 03, 2007 10:58 pm

well, as far i know, it's for ZH. not sure though. check moddb.com they should have some good mods...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby chook151 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:18 am

ive only played C&C:RED ALERT1 and no offence but i think it sucked bad, the new ones are neat
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 06, 2007 11:16 am

Red Alert is nothing compared to Generals. Generals is the best so far [Tiberium Wars, the latest one, is cool, but i like modern, realistic strategy more than futuristic, Fantasy strategy...]. oh, and about Yuke: the Overlord is nothing. there's the Emperor Overlord in ZH [it has a propaganda tower by default and can be upgraded with a gattling cannon to carve up enemy troops liek very tender steaks], and the Super Overlord [Destructive Forces Mod]. it has 4 cannons instead of 2, and a machine gun, AND a small bunker for 5 troops of your choice. now THAT is a TANK!!! :twisted:
there's also the China Commander in Chief's Harmageddon Nuke. it can wipe out an enemy base and everything around it in one shot [if you fire in a corner of an 8 base map, the enemies in the center of the map will be effected!!!], but takes 15 minutes to charge...not a problem if you have enough money to make 7 of them :twisted:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun May 06, 2007 1:10 pm

Oh yes I remember Red Alert 1. The memories...

Oh I have played a few others from the series but hardly any. I love the Mammoth Tanks, and then I just nuke the base.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:34 am

1,2,3,4 I declare a generals war 5,6,7,8 lets set the time and date!
:lol: I think we all agree that a massive genreals deathmatch is called for.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 12:00 pm

ok. before that, let me ask you this question: how many people here have Generals?

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:01 pm

well we for now we have you yuke and me, thats three. And there could be others.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 12:02 pm

well, keep in mind i have Final exams coming up within a month, maybe sooner. after i've finished the exam and got the results, THEN we can set a time and date [and that's if my dad isn't disappointed with my marks...]

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon May 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Well i no longer own Command and Conquer. I plan on buying Gears of War, now if any of you play Xbox Live then give me your Gamertag and i'll add you.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Mon May 07, 2007 6:17 pm

well in summer break,me and doc vs KP
sounds like we are outnumbered doc cause i'm sure KP is a total ownager ;)
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 6:55 pm

well, im fairly new. but normal Generals is boring. find a good mod and the fun is multiplied...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm

I like yukes plan :) .........
I have been meaning to try the mid east crisis mod for a while......
Personally I think normal generals would be wayyyy less boring against another opponent, espeically with GLAs underhand tactics
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 8:09 pm

let me tell you one thing: MEC is RUBBISH! it's nowhere near as balanced or as realistic as i hoped it to be. and the arabic is written backwards [huh?!wtf?! :shock: ]. and it's not just in MEC. it's in BF2 as well! as for Generals: MEC they've made Israel too powerful in comparison. i mean, while in the normal Generals i can take 7 Hard armies easy, in MEC, while using the arabs, i can barely hold my own against an EASY ARMY!!! and when i use Israel, i squash the arabic army as if it were nothing! what's up with that?! i am willing to bet that MEC is one of the least enjoyable mods for Generals ever. im actually starting to think that the maker was Israeli...that's the most plausible answer...
as for things inside the game, i found one thing incredibly funny. they made it so that the Muslim call for prayer is going ALL THE TIME. i collapsed when i cut out the music so that i could hear what was going on. the fact that they managed to throw in a woman singing and make it sound like it was part of the call made me laugh like crazy. really ridiculous work...good for a laugh, but not for serious gameplay. for that, i suggest Destructive Forces or Project Raptor as good mods. much better than Mid-East Crisis....

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:39 pm

Phew, that was one of the angryist posts I have ever seen.......
Well i geuss I wont be trying it then.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 pm

lol...well, that's what happens when an Arab sees how biased other people are against them... :roll: . but seriously, whoever made that mod wasn't really good at it. they say they went to Syria to get sound recordings for the faction. ok, if they went to the trouble to travel there, get to a professional recording studio to get high quality recordings [as they call it. as far as im conscerned, the recordings were rubbish], they could've at least made sure things were written right! i mean, it's only about 8-10 words in the game in arabic, they could've at least made sure it was right! and the way the Israeli side was made an uber-faction was just ridiculous. i mean, you want a game thats fun to play whichever side you play. not one that's automatically biased so that it's almost impossible to win while using one side and incredibly easy while using the other!

oh, and another thing i found incredibly funny: the Syrian hero was a reskinned "Angry Mob" fatso called Khalid. he looked like he'd had one hundred too many hamburgers.... :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Next

Return to General Games