Dinosaurs VS Hunters - Warcraft 3 mod/map

Video game reviews and discussion.

Dinosaurs VS Hunters - Warcraft 3 mod/map

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:38 am

Its just a map I made in Warcraft 3. It took me a day and a half to make, and it isn't very complex.

The story is basically:

You control a group of dinosaurs. Hunters have come into your jungle and are capturing and killing your kind. The main goal is to kill the hunters and their lord. At the beginning of the game, you discover that their so called lord is actually a demon of the Burning Legion manipulating them to destroy the forest and your kind. You start out with an Allosaurus and two nests. There are 4 dinosaurs you can use. Allosaurus, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, Suchomimus, and an aquired unit, Ceratosaurus. Each has their own ablities and traits.

The Allosaurus has War Stomp (which stuns it's enemies) and Devour (which makes the dinosaur eat an enemy and slowly digest it)

The Velociraptor has Cleave (which damages multiple enemies at once)

The Suchomimus has Cleave and the abliltiy to swim.

The Dilophosaurus has a poisonous bite.

And the Ceratosaurus has cleave and Howl of Terror (which decreases all nearby enemie's armor)

There are also 5 types of enemies.

Hunters are standard grunts. They don't do much damage and die easily.

Hunter Elites are advanced mele units. They do a good amount of damage and are only easily killed by Allosaurs.

Hunter Troopers are the Demon Lord's elite group. Their duty is to gaurd the cages of the Ceratosaurs. They are not easily killed by any unit.

Bloodfiends are the Demon Lord's body guards. You only face two in the game, but they are very deadly.

The Demon Lord is EXTREMELY powerful, and can solo 3 Allosaurs at once (Allosaurs have 2000 helath each!) It should only be faced with an army of dinosaurs. It is the last boss of the game.

Now for screenshots:

Cinematic showing the entrance of the Demon Lord. The two rifle carriers are Hunters and the sword carrier is a Hunter Elite.

The Demon Lord and the Blood Fiends.

This Screen shows the Allosaur's damage and armor.

This shows all the possible dinosaurs at the nest.

This shows the Velociraptor.

This shows the Hunter and a battle with them.

This shows the Hunter Elite and a battle with them.

This shows the Suchomimus.

Allosaurus fighting.

This shows the Dilophosaurus.

Fighting the Hunter Troopers to free the Ceratosaurs.

Cinematic showing the release of the Ceratosaurs.

The release.

Ceratosaur stats.

There are Paras wandering around, but they don't attack.

Showing Para stats.

Attacking the final camp.

Showing the Demon Lord and Bloodfiends.

The fight with the Demon Lord and his men.

Cinematic death of the Demon Lord.

Thats all for now. I may add more dinos and other features. I'll post more screens if I do.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 am

add Rex add Rex add Rex! :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:29 pm

I WISH!

I have a Rex model, and already made him almost unbeatable but when I put the model into the game, it shows up as the size of a raptor :evil: .

Until its fixed, there will be no Rex. I think its too much of a disgrace.

Also, before I get yelled at, I DID NOT make the models. I just added them into a map.

Other dino models I have that I might add into the game (You can say "Add *Dino Name*!" If you want.)

Dryosaurus
Dodo Bird
Iguanodon
Lycaenops
Edaphosaurus
Dimetrodon (One of the coolest models, I might add)
Dunkleosteus
Therizinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Psittacosaurus
Protoceratops
Orthocone (Giant prehistoric squid)
Mosasaurus
Eurypterus

Thats all the dinos I have for now. I'm currently looking for a Spino, Giga, and Carchar, but I don't know if anyone made them yet. I MIGHT make them myself, but thats unlikely.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:31 pm

i can't wait to see what else you have show up for this mod.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:33 pm

hmm...boost the poly count on the rex. the size. or better still, give me a while to get in touch with one of my friends...he may be able to enlarge it...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:38 pm

I may just re-download it. That may be the problem. Or I can just open it up in 3ds Max and enlarge it. Depends. I'll go re-download it first...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:14 pm

I cant get the dino models to work in my game. I ripped them out of some Jp map but have problems with the textures and paths. If you send me the map I can help you with it. Im extremly expeirianced with triggers and such and imm good with making creative units. I will upload a screenshot of a mech I made with triggers.....
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Well the maps basically finished, all I have to do is fix 2 bugs.

I've added a few extra things. First, the Therozinosaurs are the first herbivore units, the Hunters and Hunter Elites are alot stronger, there are now IGuanadons running with the Paras, and after you "kill" the demon lord, he tranforms into the Hell Dragon (Which does 3000 regular damage) and your hero (the Mini-Trex. I still have to make it bigger...) Turns into the Cyrstal Dragon (which is equally powerful) and you have a one on one battle with the Hell Dragon. I'll get screens later.

Doc, check this website for ALOT of models. And I'm thinking of doing a prehistoric life map, and that needs ALOT of triggers, so if you want to help, get on X-fire when you interested.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:37 pm

Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Thats pritty sweet Doc.

I'll get on X-fire in a bit.
TyrannoTitan

Return to General Games