Zoo Tycoon 2

Video game reviews and discussion.

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 am

Meh. I'd rather just have a super Rex named Crusher.

Less work :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:42 am

Lawl Aparently it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 am

Model editing?!

HELL no.

Most "new" models look like supreme ****. Few are good.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Not like that. You just have to type a few numbers somewere I belive and it gets bigger.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:51 am

I highly doubt that.

Even Warcraft 3 model editors are more complex then that.

Anyway...

Still awesome. Deinonychus looks bleh. Velo looks awesome, same with Trex and Carno.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 am

Well for resizeing models I mean. They type a few numbers in a file that will increase the size. Theres a hole Ape 2 tutorial that tells you how to do it.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:54 am

Ah...

ZT1 Animals were so easy to make.

But thats cause of 2d....
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:55 am

Well. No actually. You had to make everything FRAME BY ****ING FRAME. And getting it to look smooth in all was just horrible.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:04 am

How can you make ANY 2d image smooth, is the question.

I honestly wish they included Carchar, Spino, Giga, etc. Stokosaurus is odd...I really wish they replaced it with a more well known dinosaur.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:06 am

Yeah thats what I hate. I mean, who the heck knows what a Stokesaurus is?
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:41 pm

I don't think anyone does.

Until now that is.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:21 am

TyrantTR wrote:Yeah thats what I hate. I mean, who the heck knows what a Stokesaurus is?

I didn't know Stokesaurus existed until I played the ZT2:EA demo :P
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:24 am

Well obviously you aren't updated with the current information then. But yeah, they should have had more well known creatures. I know it's an educational game, but that is a bit over the top. No one wants there favorite dino to be replaced with something they don't even know.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:30 am

TTR: Exactly.

Well, I didn't get it today, because APPARENTLY my local game store sucks and won't get it till tommarrow -_-
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:32 am

HAH should have stuck to best buy man. :P Well, I dun got it yet. I almost have the moeney, my mother just has to give it to me. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:34 am

Actually, around here, the game store I go to has the games before even Best Buy.

Anyway, still can't wait for the game. I will *hopefully* get it tommarrow.
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:36 am

Cool. I May get it soon, I dun go out to Best Buy often though.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:02 pm

Well, I have it, and have screenshots.

Velociraptor. Currently I have an Adult Female (Pure Super), Adult Male (Normal), Hatchling Female (Half), and Hatchling Male (Pure Super).

Thylacine (AKA Tasmanian Tiger) Currenty I have an Adult Female and two pups, all normal.

Quaggas. I currently have an Adult Male (Pure Super) and Adult Female (Pure Super). The smaller one in the picture was released shortly after the screenshot was taken.

DoDos, all normal.

Dimetrodons, all normal.

Deinoychus, all normal, currently owning two Adult Females, and two Adult Males in that enclosure.

The second Deinoychus enclosure, housing the son and daughter of the original four, who have already started to breed (Which they do alot of -_-')

Carnos, all normal, currently owning an Adult Male and Adult Female, the smaller one in the screenshot having been released.

Two Deinoychus females fighting in the breeding enclosure. Being the most aggressive Raptor species, they do this ALOT.

The breeding enclosure. Basically where the female Deinoychus make the nests and care for the young, and then are moved back to the main enclosure with their mates.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:57 pm

What I want to know is how to make indoor exhibits. I'll probably get the new expansion for Christmas or something...or maybe my grandma'll take me to get it if I ask her.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:13 pm

Indoor Enclosure making is basically ALOT of trail and error. I shall briefly explain:

Basically make a SMALL (Depth) ditch, size depends on what your putting inside it. Around the edges of the ditch, place aquarium walls in any shape or form you want. Just DO NOT CONNECT THEM, or the area will fill with water. You don't want that YET.

Now, you place a piece of wall; I used a brick wall for the Deinoychus breeding enclosure. Place the wall where you left the Auqarium open, just for the hell of it. Make a door to mark where you will put a door.

Next, select the Raised Path you will want to use (Raised Paths came in African Adventure XP, I believe), and begin to place it above the Aquarium walls. If you start at the level land and move off to the ditch, it SHOULD be above it.

Fill in the aquarium walls COMPLETELY. Don't worry about the pillars; they can be deleted. Try to judge when it stops on each edge, but its not very important, the next step will show you the edges perfectly.

Now, destroy the door FOR NOW, and fill in the Aquarium by completing it. Yes, it does fill with water, but its needed to make the enclosure. Use the "Raise Tank Wall" tool to bring the wall up to the raised paths. It SHOULD connect (It changes the edging of the path if it connects). Now, make sure the floor of the tank is raised to be level ground.

Now, destroy the part of tank where the door was, which will drain the tank of water. Place the wall and add the door, and there you have it: An indoor enclosure. The camera inside the enclosure is sensitive; you can't zoom out very far before you will just be staring at the raised path above.

...That wasn't brief...

Anyway, I added two new additions: Deinosuchus and Warraths. Not to mention that the original 4 Deinoychus have died, and were replaced with their second hatchlings (Male and Female, unrelated), a Pure Super Male, and their first two kid's hatchling, a normal Female. All unrelated, so they should be able to breed.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to General Games