Garry's Mod

Video game reviews and discussion.

Garry's Mod

Postby Giganotosaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:00 pm

For those who don't know what it is. Garry's Mod is a Half-Life 2 Modification made by A guy named Garry Newman. It's a sandbox mod which means there are no goals to the game. You can create contraptions, pose ragdolls, and take picture with the camera tool. You can accomplish most of this with The Physgun which picks objects up no matter what weight they have on them. Many people have made new additions to the Garry's Mod tools(made tools are know as STOOLs(scripted tools)and can range from Gcombat to WireSVN) There are also SWEPs(scripted weapons)which range anywhere from Nukes to the Flipoff SWEP which is self explanitory(if flips stuff of). If you want to know more you can go here( www.garrysmod.com ) and follow links to the other places that show contraptions that have been built and who they were built bye.
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Awesome Mod, I play it from time to time.

Definately addicting and fun to play.

And you can get new addons ^_^
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giganotosaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:13 pm

That's what I forgot. Oh and I'll be releasing a Dino Crisis 3 model pack soon I just have to make a spawnlist for both 9 and 10. I've got both.
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Awesome. Can't wait until you release them ^_^

Should be awesome.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:13 pm

My one and only problem with G-mod.... It crashes so god damn much!!!! other than that its great. I play it all the time.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giganotosaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:35 pm

Doc 42 wrote:My one and only problem with G-mod.... It crashes so god **** much!!!! other than that its great. I play it all the time.

Have you tried reinstalling it? It's probbably caused by something you recenlty install. I had a problem with the Physgun because it wouldn't pick anything up so I reinstalled Gmod and unistalled the last thing I installed and it worked. I got the stuff back by putting it in a different folder then copying it into my Gmod folder after it finished.
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:55 pm

no, it works some times, but my comp sucks, REALLY sucks (as everyone from MSN can tell you) And sadly G-mod and slow coputers = *NEUCLEAR EXPLOSION*
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giganotosaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:02 pm

Doc 42 wrote:no, it works some times, but my comp sucks, REALLY sucks (as everyone from MSN can tell you) And sadly G-mod and slow coputers = *NEUCLEAR EXPLOSION*

The only thing that seems wrong with my computer is the Graphics Card. I have the RAM and the Processer. But the Graphics card is what sucks. So is it that your computer doesn't have the processer, and Graphics card for it or what? I have one of the worst GC's. A SiS 760 it's just horrible. I had to go into the launch options for Gmod 10 and type -dxlevel 70 just to run the thing. But The bad part of that is that I can only use like one map(because it's the only one I can see anything on) and when I spawn a prop and let it sit somewhere it just goes into black spikes coming from that props location(same problem that the maps have with the Skybox). Woah each of my post have been the longest I've ever posted. :lol:
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 pm

I have an ok Graphics card, Crappy processer and ok Ram. Overall, my comp can run it, well, more stagger it than run it.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Giganotosaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 pm

Doc 42 wrote:I have an ok Graphics card, Crappy processer and ok Ram. Overall, my comp can run it, well, more stagger it than run it.

It's probably the Processer that's holding you back..
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:48 pm

i wanna play it but i don't want spend 10 dollars on a Mod while a whole new game (for example hitman bloodmoney) also cost 10 dollars here
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Giganotosaurus » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:58 pm

Cpt.Yuke wrote:i wanna play it but i don't want spend 10 dollars on a Mod while a whole new game (for example hitman bloodmoney) also cost 10 dollars here

You can get 9 for free. 10 just has more tools and stuff but 9 is still fun.
Giganotosaurus
Worm
Worm

Return to General Games